***Official September 2020 Thread***

I didn't get that either, since for both of our 2019 trips we didn't receive them till about 3 weeks out- and then I was scrambling to get them decorated, especially the summer trip because I had 6 bands to do.
I have had mine a long time. They were shipped to me in January for our September trip. All were plain except for one I paid $10 extra.

Are there new magenta MBs coming out that are not an up charge???? I need more variety (that I don’t have to pay extra for lol)

Well our local theme park reopened this weekend (Silver Dollar City in Branson). They are doing the reservation system also and require masks. We decided to go out this morning. We only made it an hour with masks on. It is high 80’s here and humidity around 50% which is low for us. It was horrible. Think that one hour made up our minds for Disney if it remains a requirement like I think it will in September.

So we moved our reservation from all star movies to a family suite at AoA (Still 9-12 to 9-19) because my in laws decided to hijack our trip. Lol! My son is crazy about cars so if AOA is not open in September, and we are moved to a different resort we will be very disappointed. I’ve been told the only DVC resorts that can accommodate a party my size (4 adults, 1 kid, 2 babies) is Saratoga springs or old Key West. I’m sure they’re very nice resorts, but part of the magic for us is the cars themed room and of course being on The Skyliner. We are holding our reservation as is for now but we may cancel it. The issue is we have southwest airfare credit to use, so if anyone has other vacation ideas I’m open to hearing them!

Do you think they would still be changing resorts by September? I get the July changes but September seems like they would be closer to being back fully operational.

So has anyone tried the Mission cooling gaiters? I just ordered a couple. Trying anything to save our trip :(

Do you think they would still be changing resorts by September? I get the July changes but September seems like they would be closer to being back fully operational.
Think it will depend on which resorts they decide to open by then. We're at POFQ and I'm highly doubting it will be open by our dates (9/7-9/13). Think Disney will be having capacity issues for the next few months, so it financially would make sense for them to consolidate guests rather than run multiple resorts at a reduced capacity. They're still only allowing guests to modify to DVC/FW cabins thru the end of the year so far, but hopefully they'll start opening regular resorts in each category after the parks open mid July!! I'd love to stay at our original choice, but have a feeling we'll be getting moved...it'll just be luck of the draw to see which resorts they decide to open and when, and I certainly hope they start making that information known to all of us 😉 🤞

I don’t think gaiters will work at Disney according to their guidelines FYI.

I have been following posts and people are saying they are being allowed in Disney Springs so hopefully that continues.

I would be interested too in finding the coolest mask, if we go.

I saw you were in Branson, are you from MO?

We are originally from Wichita, KS but moved to Branson in 2016 after vacationing here for a long time.

So has anyone tried the Mission cooling gaiters? I just ordered a couple. Trying anything to save our trip :(
We bought a couple. You can actually breathe through them which is a plus. So many masks are more like barriers than filters. We haven’t tried them in the heat yet.

The thought of being moved is fun to me. I have been to Disney 34 times and never got an upgrade. Now the one time I MIGHT get one we may cancel.

we may still go if we do get an upgrade despite if masks are still mandatory.....just because we may never get that opportunity again lol we always stay at values(did POR once) but may decide to make it more of a resort stay and do less park days or catch other Orlando attractions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter