***Official September 2020 Thread***

Shh - don’t tell Disney but I just booked a backup trip at UO ‘just in case’!!! I just hope some things return to normal by Labor Day so I can slurp up my noodles at ‘Ohana!!!

I've been going back and forth on booking a few days at UO before our check-in date at Disney - the thing that's stopping me is the extra cost on top of an already-expensive Deluxe stay x.x We typically can fit in everything we want to do at UO in 1 day using the 2-park ticket so it's a waiting game to see if crowds/procedures go smoothly and we can have a relatively normal experience, or if we need the extra time to accomplish what we want in both parks. Like everyone else I'm going a little crazy with the wait-and-see game :crazy:

Things are changing rapidly. For example, restaurants in Florida can now be back at 100% occupancy. The theme parks are going to really lose out if they linger at the extreme reduced capacity for too long. Obviously none of us know what will happen in September but if things continue to trend like they are Disney will have a big choice to make, consequences of which could really alienate their customers.

I've been going back and forth on booking a few days at UO before our check-in date at Disney - the thing that's stopping me is the extra cost on top of an already-expensive Deluxe stay x.x We typically can fit in everything we want to do at UO in 1 day using the 2-park ticket so it's a waiting game to see if crowds/procedures go smoothly and we can have a relatively normal experience, or if we need the extra time to accomplish what we want in both parks. Like everyone else I'm going a little crazy with the wait-and-see game :crazy:
If you do decide to book Universal. I would highly suggest booking AFTER your Disney trip. It's a much more laid back experience. If you stay in one of the 3 deluxe hotels (highly recommend) you'll have express pass. Really takes the pressure off. You can actually relax. lol

Reactions: DLo
If you do decide to book Universal. I would highly suggest booking AFTER your Disney trip. It's a much more laid back experience. If you stay in one of the 3 deluxe hotels (highly recommend) you'll have express pass. Really takes the pressure off. You can actually relax. lol
Will they even have express pass? I heard right now it is virtual lines for many of the experiences. That would be awesome if they do have the express pass option.

Will they even have express pass? I heard right now it is virtual lines for many of the experiences. That would be awesome if they do have the express pass option.

I think I read that the premier hotels still get it you just can’t purchase it separately right now. But I digress...

Also I just realized my resort isn’t listed on the front page in case someone wants to update!! We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas cash stay for the first time!!! So excited since we’re stepping out of our comfort zone - our previous 3 stays were at BWI!!!! :)

They do still have Express Pass. I think the only ride it doesn't work on is Hagrids. :) You also get guarenteed admission into the parks no matter what onsite hotel you stay at. :)

Good point :rotfl2: Their deposit for packages is a lot higher than Disney's so I'm not ready to part with $493 right now. Also my fiance is accusing me (accurately) of "obsessing" over the dates/plan (and I'm not even a planner!) and is so sick of listening to me ruminate on our options he just threw his hands up and said "We'll do whatever you want, book whatever you want, just please stop talking about it." So I am the captain of this ship :boat:

I personally think that FL is reopening some things too quickly. The latest virus numbers seem to indicate this as well. I'm glad Disney is being more cautious - just hope things don't get shut down again in FL before they can even try to reopen with all of the safety measures in place. That being said, I'm still not planning to go on my Labor Day week trip. Hopefully my DVC rental can be rebooked with a new renter but I'm still waiting to hear back on that.

I think I read that the premier hotels still get it you just can’t purchase it separately right now. But I digress...

Also I just realized my resort isn’t listed on the front page in case someone wants to update!! We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas cash stay for the first time!!! So excited since we’re stepping out of our comfort zone - our previous 3 stays were at BWI!!!! :)

We love Boardwalk Villas. We are also. They are listed on the first page. :-)

@Mrsgrumpy2000

I don't think I gave you my dates: 9/26-9/29 Copper Creek and 9/29-10/2 AKV Jambo House.

I have BCV waitlisted. I did have the Poly for the first night, but 2 nights opened up for CCV and that is where we were supposed to be May 23-29 but of course got canceled.

thanks!

Shh - don’t tell Disney but I just booked a backup trip at UO ‘just in case’!!! I just hope some things return to normal by Labor Day so I can slurp up my noodles at ‘Ohana!!!

i just changed from Poly to Copper Creek for the first part of our vacation. I really hope I can get an 'Ohana reservation for sometime between Sept. 26-28 since we will be staying at AKV in a CL studio and the trek to 'Ohana will be easier from CCV.

I am a HUUUUUGGGEEEE Potterhead but I have never been to Universal Studios (DH is not a fan) but I am hoping that I can talk him into it because there is much more to Universal Studios than just HP.

If he won't go, then I will have to make a trip over in March.

i just changed from Poly to Copper Creek for the first part of our vacation. I really hope I can get an 'Ohana reservation for sometime between Sept. 26-28 since we will be staying at AKV in a CL studio and the trek to 'Ohana will be easier from CCV.

I am a HUUUUUGGGEEEE Potterhead but I have never been to Universal Studios (DH is not a fan) but I am hoping that I can talk him into it because there is much more to Universal Studios than just HP.

If he won't go, then I will have to make a trip over in March.

Re: UO Potter lands you muuuuuuuuuuuuust!!! Even if you do them yourself. I legit get emotional every time we go because it feels so real like you're in the books/movies. Just note if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express you need the Park-to-Park ticket (like a Parkhopper, but just for US and IoA). Islands of Adventure also has some really fun attractions like Ripsaw Falls and Bilge Rat Barges, the Spiderman ride, if DH likes coasters then Hulk and Jurassic Park and the Hagrid's coaster he would love, also US has Rip Ride Rockit and the Simpsons ride which are really fun. We usually only do 1 day 2-parks and can cover everything we want to do if we RD and go til close.

Have so much fun on your trip!

Just got our Dining Plan refunds today. We haven't cancelled just yet, as we're likely going to wait until the very last possible moment to do so, but getting the refund definitely didn't make my Wife feel optimistic about the chances of this trip happening.

Just got our Dining Plan refunds today. We haven't cancelled just yet, as we're likely going to wait until the very last possible moment to do so, but getting the refund definitely didn't make my Wife feel optimistic about the chances of this trip happening.
A little more information from Disney would certainly make me feel a bit more confident. We aren’t pulling the trigger yet but we are researching other travel destinations. It doesn’t feel like Disney wants us there.

A little more information from Disney would certainly make me feel a bit more confident. We aren’t pulling the trigger yet but we are researching other travel destinations. It doesn’t feel like Disney wants us there.

it seems that exactly.

They're in a tough spot. A spot I wouldn't want to be in. On one hand, their whole business plan is crowded parks (although it seems like they've tried to do some kind of alternate crowd control by pricing people out, but I digress). On the other hand, due to government restrictions and public and media scrutiny, they're almost forced to severely limit crowd capacity. Can you imagine what a logistical nightmare they must be going through right now? Not only to they have to cancel everybody's FPs and ADRs, they have to refund the appropriate guests and give the appropriate guests their room discount. Not to mention handling what has to be an onslaught of cancellations. On top of that, now they have to figure out reservation systems for each individual park, ride, and dining venue while making sure they give priority to AP holders and those who already have tickets.

With all of that said, to address the "feels like Disney doesn't want us there", that's probably closer to the truth than anyone wants to admit. The fewer people there, the less the logistical nightmare it is for them. Plus, what works in July may not work in September. Nope, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

They're in a tough spot. A spot I wouldn't want to be in. On one hand, their whole business plan is crowded parks (although it seems like they've tried to do some kind of alternate crowd control by pricing people out, but I digress). On the other hand, due to government restrictions and public and media scrutiny, they're almost forced to severely limit crowd capacity. Can you imagine what a logistical nightmare they must be going through right now? Not only to they have to cancel everybody's FPs and ADRs, they have to refund the appropriate guests and give the appropriate guests their room discount. Not to mention handling what has to be an onslaught of cancellations. On top of that, now they have to figure out reservation systems for each individual park, ride, and dining venue while making sure they give priority to AP holders and those who already have tickets.

With all of that said, to address the "feels like Disney doesn't want us there", that's probably closer to the truth than anyone wants to admit. The fewer people there, the less the logistical nightmare it is for them. Plus, what works in July may not work in September. Nope, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
You didn’t even mention DVC which is already a ticking time bomb with too many points chasing too few rooms and Aulani has no opening date. If we cancel, our points will get banked and join that too large pool for 2021.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying that Disney doesn't want us there, but it seems like they're being very cautious which makes sense. We're also looking into other vacation options while we wait for more information to come out; just need to make sure that anything else we might book has a full refund and/or late cancellation date just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts