Official October 2020 Thread!

Oct 14-17 SSR, Oct 17-24 OKW! Haven't bought MNSSHP tickets yet, as waiting to hear more as to if they are still on. Fingers crossed they are, as well as the F&W Festival!

Ditto. I was going to buy MNSSHP tickets before they suspended ticket sales but never got around to it. Hoping once tickets go on sale again we can still purchase. As for F&W, I can only hope they have it, but confidence is not high. I hope I'm wrong and they have it; it was the main reason we scheduled out October trip.

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 – Sun, Nov 1, 2020 ASM, MNSSHP tix for 10/31. We have to reschedule all FP and dining but, oh well. I like doing that. I'm hoping they will mostly be back to normal operations by that time. Good luck everybody.

Before everything happened, I added a night at POR. So we are booked to stay October 8-11. The rest of the trip we are at CBR.

I have not purchased plane tickets yet. I had not purchased MNSSHP tickets yet. We'll see what happens with that. We were hoping to go Friday night but it's not a deal breaker for me if it doesn't happen. It's just me and my sister and we aren't big on parades or characters meets. Really we're just there for the rides. We'll see what happens with FP and hope to rebook our dining. I'm mostly worried about the fact that we didn't buy tickets as I was hoping to convert some very old, unexpired passes once we arrived. I've written to Guest Services for advice on that point. I don't want to be locked out of the reservation system.

I am also worried about a second wave. Things are going very well in my little corner of NH but I get nervous looking at graphs for other places!

I am scheduled for October (for now). I have 5 nights at the Swan booked with Marriott points (10/20 - 10/25) and then 4 nights at the Polynesian in a standard view studio (10/25 10/29). I was originally scheduled for November, but had to change in case I can still go to CT to see my 92 year old mother-in-law at Thanksgiving.

I am only about 25% confident that I will be go in October. I am very concerned about a Covid fall surge :(.

Last edited:

Agreed, that’s why I used the words assumption and speculation in my posts. Hopefully when Disney releases more details about the theme park reservation system they will also share the plan for attractions.
So they were always planning a massive change to FP using Disney Genie instead. This seems like a good time to make the transition did anyone watch or go to d23.

So they were always planning a massive change to FP using Disney Genie instead. This seems like a good time to make the transition did anyone watch or go to d23.

I didn’t watch D23, but I remember hearing about Disney Genie, and I agree - companies are now using this experience to accelerate changes that were already in the works or planned for future releases. I see it at my own company where digital adoption has skyrocketed, so we are taking advantage of that trend and prioritizing some of our digital offering enhancements over other projects that were on the list. It makes total sense for Disney to “reimagine” now for the future state.

We are set for a wrap-around trip to Columbus Day weekend, at AKL, same as every year. Wife's brother is military, and might not be able to make the trip if travel restrictions are still tight, but we will likely go. We may try to modify our room to something smaller.

I cancelled our July trip today and moved it to October. They would only let me book at a DVC resort or a deluxe resort. They said everything else would be closed to her knowledge. I'm hoping as time goes on they will open the others because my wallet made a sad face today.

I cancelled our July trip today and moved it to October. They would only let me book at a DVC resort or a deluxe resort. They said everything else would be closed to her knowledge. I'm hoping as time goes on they will open the others because my wallet made a sad face today.

Hopefully, more resorts will open up for later this year!

We did something similar last week, but the only option besides DVC was the fort wilderness cabins. So that’s different and good news already with deluxe resorts being offered. :)

October 4-9 at Copper Creek. I will be there or I will lose 75 DVC points!
We have AP and I am a little worried about them not allowing me to use it for every day of my trip. We don’t live in Florida so that would stink. The first time I used my pass was on leap day so less than a month after activating it Disney shut down. Just my luck!😢 I got tired of waiting on Disney to cancel my dining plan so I called DVC and cancelled it on my own to get the refund.

Staying at Villas at the Grand Floridian the 18th -23rd, renting points for the first time. Have park passes in hand because I figured there was a chance at some sort of hiatus in sales.

Was supposed to be the trip that sold my wife on a DVC purchase, but we found out we are pregnant with twins :oops:in the interim. Going from a family of four to six is blowing my mind in many, many ways. Was preparing to be a family of five and getting enough points for 1 bedroom villas going forward... but now I really need to break down the costs for a 2 bedroom before we can commit to such a purchase. I'm sure we aren't the first family to have twins throw throw off all sorts of plans.

Keeping an eye on how Oct. plans develop. We have Oct.23-26 long weekend currently planned for Beach Club and Boardwalk DVC split stay for F&W. Haven't purchased flights yet due to the possible DW school schedule being changed. I have AP, haven't purchased her park tickets yet. With F&W and everything in limbo thinking on canceling to reschedule for next year F&G in the spring.

Keeping an eye on how Oct. plans develop. We have Oct.23-26 long weekend currently planned for Beach Club and Boardwalk DVC split stay for F&W. Haven't purchased flights yet due to the possible DW school schedule being changed. I have AP, haven't purchased her park tickets yet. With F&W and everything in limbo thinking on canceling to reschedule for next year F&G in the spring.

I’m desperately hoping that F&W will still happen, but we'll see. If you haven’t been to F&G before, you’ll love it! Less food booths but the quality is outstanding, and EPCOT is just so gorgeous all dolled up with topiaries and flowers everywhere.

Based on this, I guess I will be moved from AS Sports for my Sept 30-Oct 5 trip but hope my wallet will still be smiling!

Based on this, I guess I will be moved from AS Sports for my Sept 30-Oct 5 trip but hope my wallet will still be smiling!
Are you thinking that if the resort we chose they will only upgrade you if you pay? Man sounds like ransom. We are 3.5 months away from our trip we are hopefull on finishing what we started in March.
We upgraded ourselves from ASM to Pop a week before everything shut down

Are you thinking that if the resort we chose they will only upgrade you if you pay? Man sounds like ransom. We are 3.5 months away from our trip we are hopefull on finishing what we started in March.
We upgraded ourselves from ASM to Pop a week before everything shut down
My hope (and expectation) is that if my original resort is closed during my dates, they will move me and I won't pay the difference (as long as I keep my original dates), considering being moved to anything from Sports will be an upgrade lol!

116 more days... and our magic bands arrived in the mail. Was surprised to get them this quick. The excitement is building.

Huh. My Disney Experience says that mine will be ready for pick up at the front desk. We're still 4 months away. Anyone have any idea why they would not ship to me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter