Official October 2020 Thread!

October hours for my trip (Oct 24 to Nov 3rd) for MK just changed. MK closes at 7pm every night, and evening MK hours changed from 8pm to 10pm to 7pm to 9pm. I'm working at the moment so I didn't check the whole month but you should check your park hours when you get a chance.

I got an alert yesterday from Touring Plans about this, and this morning I woke up to another one that changed all the hours for the other three parks. AK is opening at 8 and closing at 6, HS opening time pushed back to 10, and EPCOT opening rime changed from 9 to 11, plus some close times for HS and EPCOT were moved up and hour (ex. 9 to 8). I wonder if they’re staggering the open/close times more so they can send more busses to handle less capacity on each... and of course, I also wonder if they will change them back if things settle down by October. It’s definitely going to be a different experience!

I'm wondering what will happen with MNSSHP. I already have tickets for October 8th and the MK hours changed from closing at 7 to closing at 6.

I also have tickets for a HEA dessert party on October 11th, but they may not even have fireworks by then, sigh.

I wonder if they’re staggering the open/close times more so they can send more busses to handle less capacity on each...
That is a very plausible theory! Hadn't thought of that (when I saw the TP time changes) but it makes perfect sense.

Changing of the hours has made me lean more to rescheduling for 2021, however I am going to let this play out before making any rash decisions. I will need to make a decision before 60 days out so my DVC points don't go to holding status. Already bought tickets this past February before the price increase. Bought my 10/31 MNSSHP tickets the day they were released. I don't really want to cancel if I don't have to, but my girls want to interact with princesses, watch parades, and do what they see in YouTube videos, so if things don't get as close back to normal, including park hours, I feel like 2021 will have to become a reality for our trip. :sad1:

I guess since we are Sept 26 - Oct 4 we belong here as well as in the September thread. We are staying at BWV. With all the changes at WDW it feels more like an October trip than a September one.

Ugh:
Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to re-book. Keep in mind, for dining locations within our parks, Guests will need a park reservation and valid admission before they can rebook dining and experiences.

Guests who purchased a Disney dining plan and tickets for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation and refund of their Disney dining plan.

Ugh:
Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to re-book. Keep in mind, for dining locations within our parks, Guests will need a park reservation and valid admission before they can rebook dining and experiences.

Guests who purchased a Disney dining plan and tickets for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation and refund of their Disney dining plan.
Where are you seeing this?

So fustrating that we get half information...
I have tickets and mnsshp tickets as well as my hotel. They change closing times send out info that no fp or dining. I have dining/fp on my june that are cancelled they tell me that i can have priority to move the days to October but when i call they tell me i have to wait. Ahhhhhh like it was not hard enough planning a disney trip.

So some of my ADR's have started to disappear today, but not all for some reason. I suppose they just haven't gotten to all of them yet. The cancellations haven't happen chronologically. Very frustrating as I got all of the ADR's I wanted at the times I wanted, including Cali Grill Brunch and Ohana. I absolutely can't stand this limbo we are all in on not knowing what WDW is going to be like in October. Ugh.

So some of my ADR's have started to disappear today, but not all for some reason. I suppose they just haven't gotten to all of them yet. The cancellations haven't happen chronologically. Very frustrating as I got all of the ADR's I wanted at the times I wanted, including Cali Grill Brunch and Ohana. I absolutely can't stand this limbo we are all in on not knowing what WDW is going to be like in October. Ugh.
Same! They have deleted our character dining and resort location dining but not dining reservations within the parks. I wonder if that is the difference?!

Same! They have deleted our character dining and resort location dining but not dining reservations within the parks. I wonder if that is the difference?!
They are all going to be cancelled. The order really makes no difference. It’s just taking them awhile to get through it.

1/2 of my ADRs are gone; I expect the remainder to be removed shortly. We're going Oct 12 - 20.

Booked and paid in full Sept 2019 for May 2020 trip to Beach Club. You all know that didn't happen.....
Changed dates in April to Oct 8-15. This time at the Yacht Club. Sure looks like this Disney vacation will be like none I have had before. 😷

All of our reservations for October 6-12th are gone, with the exception of Via Napoli and San Angel Inn. My CRT breakfast and HEA dessert party are gone with no refund to my credit card as of yet. Our MNSSHP tickets are still there.

I'm also baffled about what I am going to do if they don't allow me to modify my resort reservation. We have POFQ booked for 10/6-10/12 but when our July trip was cancelled, we found ourselves with 114 extra points that would expire on November 30, so I pieced together three nights at CCV and one night at RVV, so now I only need two nights at POFQ instead of six. I am hoping they allow me to modify since they can see I now have overlapping reservations. I just haven't tried calling yet since I am sure they've been slammed this past week. Anyone think they'll give me a hard time?

Pardon the very basic question, as I'm just getting caught up with all of this and a bit of a newbie. But why are all of folks' future (for example, October) ADR's and other reservations being cancelled? Is it because they aren't sure if the parks, resorts, dining etc will be open?

Pardon the very basic question, as I'm just getting caught up with all of this and a bit of a newbie. But why are all of folks' future (for example, October) ADR's and other reservations being cancelled? Is it because they aren't sure if the parks, resorts, dining etc will be open?

They are canceling all dining and special experience reservations through the end of the year. Since they need to reduce capacity and don’t know what that will look like later in the year, they are wiping them all for a clean slate, and changing the 180 day reservation window for dining reservations to 60 days. I’m sure there was no way for them to fairly cancel some reservations and not others. Regarding FP being canceled, although they haven’t given specifics, the assumption is that there will be more attractions using virtual queuing... no word on if FP will come back in some form or not. We will learn much more about this in the coming weeks before opening. Their IT department has A LOT of work to do. Hope this helps! 🙂

Last edited:
There has been nothing released from Disney about FP+ changing or transitioning to Virtual Queues. They have said it was cancelled to use the FP line space for additional social distancing of lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!