Official October 2020 Thread!

There has been nothing released from Disney about FP+ changing or transitioning to Virtual Queues. They have said it was cancelled to use the FP line space for additional social distancing of lines.

Okay. But that doesn't mean they're NOT using VQs.

There has been nothing released from Disney about FP+ changing or transitioning to Virtual Queues. They have said it was cancelled to use the FP line space for additional social distancing of lines.

You’re right, but before the latest announcements there were changes on the MDE app about virtual “queues”, not specific to ROTR, so there is speculation that they will be expanding the use of them to other attractions.

It will be interesting to see where this all lands by October...

I know but many people on various threads are saying a Virtual Queue is happening and spreading false information so it is important people know only what is official

I know but many people on various threads are saying a Virtual Queue is happening and spreading false information so it is important people know only what is official

Agreed, that’s why I used the words assumption and speculation in my posts. Hopefully when Disney releases more details about the theme park reservation system they will also share the plan for attractions.

OK, so they are allowing cancellations without charge up until 10/3/20. That seems to suggest they think that they'll be back to normal operations by that date, since many of us would cancel if we couldn't swim, etc. Of course, everything could still change if a second wave shuts the country down again...which I think 3/4 of the physicians and medical professionals I know expect and the other 1/4 are being naively optimistic. Still, it's nice to imagine our trips might happen as expected.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

OK, so they are allowing cancellations without charge up until 10/3/20. That seems to suggest they think that they'll be back to normal operations by that date, since many of us would cancel if we couldn't swim, etc. Of course, everything could still change if a second wave shuts the country down again...which I think 3/4 of the physicians and medical professionals I know expect and the other 1/4 are being naively optimistic. Still, it's nice to imagine our trips might happen as expected.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

I’m hoping for normal operations but still with lower capacity... that’s not too much to ask for, is it? 😉

We are booked at Pop 10/5-10/8. This trip was planned mainly for SWGE and also so my MIL could see Pandora. Our reservations for Droid Depot and Savis were cancelled but I am waiting to see if they will be available. I’m disappointed that MIL won’t be able to see Pandora at night with a 6pm closing but that is not a deal breaker necessarily. So much is still up in the air that I just can’t be excited about this trip and that is sad.

October 2nd-7th at Poly. Honestly the only reason we are still going is because we rented non-refundable DVC points.

I am booked for 10/8-10/15 - Very optimistic we will be able to go, had multiple trips cancelled this year :( Hopeful for some Disney Magic it will be able to happen!

Oct 16-21 at CSR for my three-generation party of 7. Half of us bought tickets before they suspended sales. (My daughter’s a nurse and was waiting to see what hospital travel quarantine requirements would be, so her family has no tickets yet.) We don’t do parades, character meets, or parties. In addition, we bought plane tickets outside any current fee waiver periods; changing will cost us $1400 in fees as it stands now. So, we will go unless there’s an outbreak in October or we can‘t get park ressies for all of us.

We'll be at BWV Oct 13-15 and then at BLT from Oct 15-20. We'll be spending a few days at Vero Beach before heading to WDW. Friends are meeting us for the BLT part of our trip. We're really hoping that there will be some type of F&W Festival but we're okay if there's not. We're also planning on the Halloween party for Oct 18 but had not purchased tickets yet before they stopped selling them.

October 5 - 11 at Orange Lake Resort (Our condo)
October 11 - 14 on Disney property

Luckily bought 6 day passes just days prior to the announcement that they will not sell any additional tickets for now! Whew!

Oct 3-10. Had a trip planned on April and,like everyone else had to reschedule. Our son is a Marine and obviously has VERY select dates when he can go. Theres going to be 9 of us, 3 generations and the grandkids have really looked forward to this...all we can do is hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter