*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Does anyone know where the Uber/Lyft drop off location is at DHS compared to the bus stop? Just wondering if we would still have to take the 1/2 marathon to reach the entrance if we Uber it.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/hollywood-studios-and-uber-drop-off.3706617/

I was curious myself and just found this thread with some answers. (It’s as of mid-September. I don’t think there’s been changes since then, but I’m not 100% sure on that.)
I never thought of using lyft or Uber to the park. I’ve considered it at the end of the night when I see the bus lines and I’m the last bus stop, but HS would be great! I’m now actually considering using it a few times. Has anyone used it in the WDW area? I get nervous about it.
I was going to use the Minnie vans but then they changed their rates and I think it would all add up too quickly.

*Also, if anyone is going to MVMCP and not following the official thread over there, someone just posted the pins, sorcerers card, and DVC entry official times! It’s getting so close!!

I was curious myself and just found this thread with some answers. (It’s as of mid-September. I don’t think there’s been changes since then, but I’m not 100% sure on that.)
I never thought of using lyft or Uber to the park. I’ve considered it at the end of the night when I see the bus lines and I’m the last bus stop, but HS would be great! I’m now actually considering using it a few times. Has anyone used it in the WDW area? I get nervous about it.
I was going to use the Minnie vans but then they changed their rates and I think it would all add up too quickly.

*Also, if anyone is going to MVMCP and not following the official thread over there, someone just posted the pins, sorcerers card, and DVC entry official times! It’s getting so close!!
Unfortunately for DHS, Lyft or Uber won't get you too much closer than the bus stop area. We had considered it but saw the drop off area while we were there last month and decided it wasn't worth it. But, we love using Uber generally when we're at WDW. We did use the Minnie Van once when we were going to EMM, but for $32 from the BC to MK, it really wasn't worth it. When we go to MK we typically have the driver drop us off at the Contemporary and then we use the path and walk over to MK. Otherwise, they'll bring you to the TTC and you'll have to use the monorail or ferry to get to MK.

I'm thinking of using the Minnie vans even though it's a bit pricier. I've never used them there before but Tom Bricker has a good post about regular Uber/Lyft vs. Minnie vans and his thoughts. I guess he uses that kind of transportation all the time so it seems pretty trustworthy. :confused3

18 Days!!! We're surprising my kids this time (DD6 and DD2). The 2 year old has been there once, but obviously doesn't remember. the 6 year old keeps asking when we're going back. Thinking of telling her that we're taking grandma and grandpa to the airport and telling her there. I can't come up with any better ideas! It's been hard keeping this a secret for soooo long! I can't wait to see how excited she is :)

Unfortunately for DHS, Lyft or Uber won't get you too much closer than the bus stop area. We had considered it but saw the drop off area while we were there last month and decided it wasn't worth it. But, we love using Uber generally when we're at WDW. We did use the Minnie Van once when we were going to EMM, but for $32 from the BC to MK, it really wasn't worth it. When we go to MK we typically have the driver drop us off at the Contemporary and then we use the path and walk over to MK. Otherwise, they'll bring you to the TTC and you'll have to use the monorail or ferry to get to MK.

I'm thinking of using the Minnie vans even though it's a bit pricier. I've never used them there before but Tom Bricker has a good post about regular Uber/Lyft vs. Minnie vans and his thoughts. I guess he uses that kind of transportation all the time so it seems pretty trustworthy. :confused3

Thank you all for your insight!! I’ll look into it and use it if the buses seem to be slow. I might use it to MVMCP so I love the contemporary idea because I won’t have to deal with the TTC.

18 Days!!! We're surprising my kids this time (DD6 and DD2). The 2 year old has been there once, but obviously doesn't remember. the 6 year old keeps asking when we're going back. Thinking of telling her that we're taking grandma and grandpa to the airport and telling her there. I can't come up with any better ideas! It's been hard keeping this a secret for soooo long! I can't wait to see how excited she is :)
That’s such a great idea!! I love it!!

Hey All! My sister and I are doing an Adult ONLY trip and we are soooo excited! We will be there from 11/1 to 11/5 ... it is a short trip but we are just so excited to get back to Disney World and hit the end of Food and Wine Festival! I am so excited to be able to say that I will be at Disney NEXT WEEK!

We are 17 days out and I'm freaking out about getting sick also! We don't have kids yet, or work in a school system, but we have already both gotten a cold from our nephews so a little paranoid. We actually started taking Apple Cider Vinegar pills this morning to try and ward of the sickness and keep us healthy until we get back.

In less than a month, we will be back in our happy place! it's been 3 years since we've been to Disney so super excited! My brother-in-law is cancer free & we are taking him to DW to celebrate! It will be his first trip to DW!
:flower1::cloud9:
How wonderful hope your family has a magical trip pixiedust:

I'm so disappointed they didn't change to 8AM openings on Nov. 24 and 25. We are early risers and I was really counting on that extra hour! All is not lost as I have 8AM BOG ADRs that I booked just in case, but I don't understand why they had to cancel my MK EMM on 11/25 if they weren't going to open early?!?

Got so excited when our MB's arrived today that I started switching around our dining :laughing: I'm happier now though, just takes me a bit to work on our own plans because I'm always busy with my clients. Still can't get that Rhino tour though :sad2:
25 days!

I'm so disappointed they didn't change to 8AM openings on Nov. 24 and 25. We are early risers and I was really counting on that extra hour! All is not lost as I have 8AM BOG ADRs that I booked just in case, but I don't understand why they had to cancel my MK EMM on 11/25 if they weren't going to open early?!?

I totally agree! I would love 8am MK openings that week. Last year they had them the whole week of Thanksgiving. So I was counting on it.

TP Reservation Finder came through! Snagged a 5:55 Liberty Tree Reservation on the 27th. We’re not doing the party. We’re not really character or show people so to spend $400 for my family just seemed silly. And my niece falls asleep early so no point for them. But we all hoped to see the “snow” on Main Street and figured a late-as-possible ADR was the best chance to see it as we walked out. At 60 days I couldn’t get LTT at all. TP found me a 4:45 a few weeks ago. And now the time I hoped for! Fingers crossed on that snow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter