*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

TP Reservation Finder came through! Snagged a 5:55 Liberty Tree Reservation on the 27th. We’re not doing the party. We’re not really character or show people so to spend $400 for my family just seemed silly. And my niece falls asleep early so no point for them. But we all hoped to see the “snow” on Main Street and figured a late-as-possible ADR was the best chance to see it as we walked out. At 60 days I couldn’t get LTT at all. TP found me a 4:45 a few weeks ago. And now the time I hoped for! Fingers crossed on that snow
We had a later ADR at diamond horseshoe last year and we totally walked out of MK with snow falling!!! We were very quickly ushered out but definitely felt the vibe!

10 days out! No time to fool around. Of course I decided that I don't like some of the outfits I had planned for the cruise and ordered more stuff on Sunday. Also realized that I never bought brown sandals so I ordered a pair yesterday. Let's hope everything is shipped quickly. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. DD has 3 hours of dance and acro classes tonight and I am making myself get stuff done during that time.

For EMH at HS, do you think we'd be able to ride SDD without much of a wait? What time should we plan on getting there for an 8:00 EMH opening?

We are planning to go to EMH at HS on Nov. 11 and my plan is to get there 45 minutes early. (My husband doesn't know this yet.)
That's the exact day that we're going to be there too! Planning on hopping after lunch :) I wasn't thinking 45 minutes early though! Isn't that about how early we should get there for a normal park opening?

That's the exact day that we're going to be there too! Planning on hopping after lunch :) I wasn't thinking 45 minutes early though! Isn't that about how early we should get there for a normal park opening?

We are hopping later too. We have fast passes for AK. I say 45 minutes. It may only be 30 because my husband takes forever. I think we will plan to leave the resort at 7 and then we get there whenever the buses get us there.

I have been so busy lately, I don't have many plans. I keep saying each day I will make some touring plans, but things keep popping up. I have nothing on my calendar tomorrow, so hopefully I will get it done. I feel like I am not prepared and I don't like it.

We are hopping later too. We have fast passes for AK. I say 45 minutes. It may only be 30 because my husband takes forever. I think we will plan to leave the resort at 7 and then we get there whenever the buses get us there.

I have been so busy lately, I don't have many plans. I keep saying each day I will make some touring plans, but things keep popping up. I have nothing on my calendar tomorrow, so hopefully I will get it done. I feel like I am not prepared and I don't like it.

I made some plans over lunch the other day. It's really hard to plan too much though with 2 little ones. And I don't really want to just rush around from one thing to another. We're doing HS the day before, but couldn't get a FP for SDD, so going to try to do it during EMH if the wait is too long on Saturday. We shall see. Trying to decide between a 2:20 and a 4:20 ADR for H&V at the moment!

20 days for us!

My TA (aka my sister) gently suggested again that we consider the standard dining plan as I've made table service reservations for every day we are there. It's about $300 more a day and while I think we could easily get there and use it to our advantage, I'm having a hard time convincing my husband that it would be worth it. Our original plan was to do one sit down meal a day, and order a grocery delivery on our first day and do our own breakfasts and snacks the rest of the week (fresh fruit, coffee, granola bars, that type of thing). But I can see us giving in and getting treats and other foods for the kids once we are actually in the parks.

Anyone want too share personal opinions or experiences about getting the dining plan or skipping it? I'm starting too second guess everything now that we are so close!:confused3

20 days for us!

My TA (aka my sister) gently suggested again that we consider the standard dining plan as I've made table service reservations for every day we are there. It's about $300 more a day and while I think we could easily get there and use it to our advantage, I'm having a hard time convincing my husband that it would be worth it. Our original plan was to do one sit down meal a day, and order a grocery delivery on our first day and do our own breakfasts and snacks the rest of the week (fresh fruit, coffee, granola bars, that type of thing). But I can see us giving in and getting treats and other foods for the kids once we are actually in the parks.

Anyone want too share personal opinions or experiences about getting the dining plan or skipping it? I'm starting too second guess everything now that we are so close!:confused3
We got the dining plan again this time. Were you planning on any quick service meals? They just raised the prices on a lot of items, so if you're paying OOP, you'll want to factor that into your snack price. I think a pretzel with cheese is now $7, but it still counts as a snack credit. It is a lot though, 2 snacks with 1 QS and 1 TS a day. I like the idea of paying for it upfront, then I don't have to have a cheap moment when the kids want a mickey bar. I don't like the idea of nickle and diming everything. We have a lot of character meals, so they're a great way to make the DDP worth it. The DDP also includes alcoholic beverages now, so those also make it worthwhile (at $10-12 for one, they add a lot of value - you get 1 at each meal). It probably comes down to personal preference. Is it $300 extra for your whole trip?

We got the dining plan again this time. Were you planning on any quick service meals? They just raised the prices on a lot of items, so if you're paying OOP, you'll want to factor that into your snack price. I think a pretzel with cheese is now $7, but it still counts as a snack credit. It is a lot though, 2 snacks with 1 QS and 1 TS a day. I like the idea of paying for it upfront, then I don't have to have a cheap moment when the kids want a mickey bar. I don't like the idea of nickle and diming everything. We have a lot of character meals, so they're a great way to make the DDP worth it. The DDP also includes alcoholic beverages now, so those also make it worthwhile (at $10-12 for one, they add a lot of value - you get 1 at each meal). It probably comes down to personal preference. Is it $300 extra for your whole trip?
$300 more per day - almost $1800 total. We were planning on rounding out the one sit down meal with our grocery snacks and I’m sure a snack/treat/QS meal here and there.

My husband thinks we could better spend that $300/day but other than food and maybe a souvenir or trinket for the kids, I’m not sure what we’d be spending it on? Maybe some Lyft/Uber rides if we are tired and don’t want to deal with the buses or if we are in a hurry. Although we do have a universal day planned that isn’t paid for yet. But, I mean, we will have to eat whether we go there or not

Dining plan worked well for us the first time Bc we stuck with every single ADR and also did well with our QS meals. The second time we did it, we skipped two QS meals I think and we ended the trip with close to 30 snack credits. It was ridiculous!!!

I made some plans over lunch the other day. It's really hard to plan too much though with 2 little ones. And I don't really want to just rush around from one thing to another. We're doing HS the day before, but couldn't get a FP for SDD, so going to try to do it during EMH if the wait is too long on Saturday. We shall see. Trying to decide between a 2:20 and a 4:20 ADR for H&V at the moment!

My plans are usually thrown out by lunch time, but I like to have an idea where to start in the parks so we aren't criss crossing all day. We still end up doing that, but having the morning plan makes it easier. We have another day in HS as well, but my son wants to do Jedi Training, so we won't be able to rope drop Toy Story Land that day.

$300 more per day - almost $1800 total. We were planning on rounding out the one sit down meal with our grocery snacks and I’m sure a snack/treat/QS meal here and there.

My husband thinks we could better spend that $300/day but other than food and maybe a souvenir or trinket for the kids, I’m not sure what we’d be spending it on? Maybe some Lyft/Uber rides if we are tired and don’t want to deal with the buses or if we are in a hurry. Although we do have a universal day planned that isn’t paid for yet. But, I mean, we will have to eat whether we go there or not
You'd have to figure out how much your TS meals are going to cost you OOP and try to plan out what snacks you would buy in the park anyway. It may not be that much more after you figure all that out. I am determined to use all of my snacks this time. We did have some left last time we went, but not too many. We just brought some treats home. But I'm trying to plan it in that we will use 2 a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter