*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

For anyone going in early November, they finally added EMH for 11/4. They are PM EMH at HS from 8-10pm. They also removed AM EMH for HS on 11/5 (they previously had both AK and HS listed for EMH that day).

For anyone going in early November, they finally added EMH for 11/4. They are PM EMH at HS from 8-10pm. They also removed AM EMH for HS on 11/5 (they previously had both AK and HS listed for EMH that day).

Funny enough Kenny the Pirate always had it listed this way but i made plans according to Disney’s posted hours. We will still stop in for PM EMH that day.

thanks all for your vote on the surprise reveal. I'm going with A cause my sister is excited to be part of the reveal. and she's a great artists do the sign will look awesome. L:thumbsup2
I will let ya'll know how it goes.
Lets hope it doesn't go like it did about 3 years back when my son was disappointed cause we were not going to Fiesta Texas!! :faint:

I am right with you on the packing and to-do list slackers list this year.:teeth: I just can't get motivated yet. We don't leave until the last weekend in November, so I bet panic gotta get ready mode will kick in after Halloween.:earseek:

I leave 3 days after Halloween so I need my panic mode to set it now. lol I do think Halloween is taking some attention away from getting ready for vacation.

I keep putting everything off too. I at least have a packing list. I save all my packing lists in google docs, so I just update them if I am going on that trip again. We are at 18 or 19 days...things are so crazy, I don't even know.

Oh and my grocery list, it consists of beer, water and diet coke. :teeth: Maybe some breakfast bars and fruit.

Smart move keeping your lists i google docs. I started to use onenote recently and I think I'll do my packing list in that.

Good Morning- For those of you who have received your magic bands already. How were they delivered? USPS, UPS, FedEx? Was the box that they are in obvious that it came from Disney? Our trip is a surprise for our kids, so I need to make sure my DH and I get to the mailbox before they do.

USPS here too and you couldn't tell what the box was. I also was able to track them and it was delivered on the date it gave me for expected delivery. Usually usps tracking never changes until my items are delivered.

thanks all for your vote on the surprise reveal. I'm going with A cause my sister is excited to be part of the reveal. and she's a great artists do the sign will look awesome. L:thumbsup2
Lets hope it doesn't go like it did about 3 years back when my son was disappointed cause we were not going to Fiesta Texas!! :faint:

That's a win-win. It's simple and your sister is making the sign. We've only done one surprise trip and it was one that we booked really late 45 days out so it was easy to keep the secret. We didn't do a big reveal. We just called them down and told them to put on their magic bands. We had told them previously we were going down the Jersey shore so my youngest reacted with "So we aren't going to the shore? Boo!" No more surprise trips for them.

After work I'm picking up the pirate night tshirts I had made and hoping to find a pair of black with white polka dot pants for myself. I have this idea of a pirate night outfit in my head that I can't shake. FX I can find the pants!

I hope he loves the surprise this time! My kids are planners and don't react well to big changes without warning, so we've never tried to do a surprise trip. But when we went the first time, they were 7, 10, and 12. When we told them about the trip, the youngest and oldest were upset because "Disney is all princesses and Mickey Mouse!" We had to get them guidebooks and show them websites to convince them it was fun for bigger kids, too, LOL.

I don’t know how you guys are able to keep surprises like that! I wish I could, but I’m awful at it! For our last trip I told my sister I booked all stars even though I booked little mermaid rooms since she’s wanted to stay there since the rooms were announced. I had this whole plan where she was going to find out when we were at the magical express check in/on ME/ or when we pulled up to the resort. I gave excuses as to why she couldn’t link the room to MDE but after about 2 weeks I couldn’t keep it a secret so I told her. :rotfl:

For our past two trips we have surprised the kids at exactly 10 days before and have given them a box with goodies, magic bands, a letter from Mickey and a 10 day countdown sheet. This has actually fallen on halloween the past two times so they thought a trick or treater was ringing the doorbell but it was just the box when they answered. This year we are doing the 10 day countdown idea again, but will surprise them on day 9 by picking them up from school and going straight to the airport! I created the 10 day countdown yesterday and printed out activity books for swan and dolphin since we are staying there. I was looking for free customizable letter templates but wasn’t too successful. Any ideas for that? My son is starting to figure out when I have created a surprise type of letter (I don’t have a creative bone in my body!). I can’t wait!!! We tell them on 10/28!!!

I don’t know how you guys are able to keep surprises like that! I wish I could, but I’m awful at it! For our last trip I told my sister I booked all stars even though I booked little mermaid rooms since she’s wanted to stay there since the rooms were announced. I had this whole plan where she was going to find out when we were at the magical express check in/on ME/ or when we pulled up to the resort. I gave excuses as to why she couldn’t link the room to MDE but after about 2 weeks I couldn’t keep it a secret so I told her. :rotfl:

Our main reason for keeping it a secret is cause my children will drive me crazy asking me everyday about when's the day? When are we leaving?
Over the years I have come to enjoy knowing some thing big that they don't :Pinkbounc
They have been asking and begging to go back so I'm very excited about the reveal this time!!
And thankfully my family is good at keeping quite cause I had to tell my sisters and parents about this trip cause we will be out of town for Thanksgiving.

For our past two trips we have surprised the kids at exactly 10 days before and have given them a box with goodies, magic bands, a letter from Mickey and a 10 day countdown sheet. This has actually fallen on halloween the past two times so they thought a trick or treater was ringing the doorbell but it was just the box when they answered. This year we are doing the 10 day countdown idea again, but will surprise them on day 9 by picking them up from school and going straight to the airport! I created the 10 day countdown yesterday and printed out activity books for swan and dolphin since we are staying there. I was looking for free customizable letter templates but wasn’t too successful. Any ideas for that? My son is starting to figure out when I have created a surprise type of letter (I don’t have a creative bone in my body!). I can’t wait!!! We tell them on 10/28!!!

have you tried Pinterest? Know an teachers they have great recourses for prints/templates.

2 weeks from today will be our arrival day! I don't think we'll get to go to a park that day, but there's a small chance of it. If the plane is on time and DME is quick, we may add an extra day to our tickets and go for 2-3 hours. After all this planning, it's so strange to consider just showing up with no FPes! Heck, we probably wouldn't even decide ahead of time which to park to visit, just check wait times and go to whichever park we'd be able to do the most at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter