*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We are 23 days away!!!! Got our Magic Bands on Monday, our DME stuff came over the weekend and the packing has begun! So excited! We are going to Target tomorrow to get our travel things! Can't believe how fast this countdown went! Only a few more weeks to go!!

I took Monday off since DS has an appointment. I figured I can run my last minute errands for our trip after his appointment. Shop for toiletries and any other odds and ends we may need. This is when I start to get anxiety before any trip I take. Do I have enough of this or that, will I need this when I get there, etc. I usually end up buying a ton of stuff I really didn't need. Right now I feel like I should go buy new undies but I'm trying to stop myself! lol I bet I end up at the store on Monday with 77 new pair of undies for myself and DD.

I took Monday off since DS has an appointment. I figured I can run my last minute errands for our trip after his appointment. Shop for toiletries and any other odds and ends we may need. This is when I start to get anxiety before any trip I take. Do I have enough of this or that, will I need this when I get there, etc. I usually end up buying a ton of stuff I really didn't need. Right now I feel like I should go buy new undies but I'm trying to stop myself! lol I bet I end up at the store on Monday with 77 new pair of undies for myself and DD.

I am this way too. I am going away for the weekend and I just got back from Target because I "needed" new pajamas and more hair ties. Mind you, I am driving an hour to spend the weekend with some girlfriends. Its not like they don't have Target there.

I haven't even started to think about Disney packing. I still have to get through Halloween (I'm a class parent) and I have a bunch of cub scout stuff.

I am getting excited, though!

I am this way too. I am going away for the weekend and I just got back from Target because I "needed" new pajamas and more hair ties. Mind you, I am driving an hour to spend the weekend with some girlfriends. Its not like they don't have Target there.

I haven't even started to think about Disney packing. I still have to get through Halloween (I'm a class parent) and I have a bunch of cub scout stuff.

I am getting excited, though!

I always tell myself "You aren't going to the jungle. It's FLORIDA. If you need something you can get it there." But nope. I can't help myself.

We are 15 days out so the luggage are out and our Mickey ears and Disney specific shirts are in the luggage. I also picked up my new luggage JC Penney today during lunch.

I'm getting very excited!

I figured I can run my last minute errands for our trip after his appointment. Shop for toiletries and any other odds and ends we may need. This is when I start to get anxiety before any trip I take. Do I have enough of this or that, will I need this when I get there, etc. I usually end up buying a ton of stuff I really didn't need

We usually drive everyplace, so we there's room for me to pack a lot of extras just in case. We're flying to Disney, so I'm trying hard to resist! Instead, I've got two running lists, one of things we need to order from Amazon Prime to meet us at the hotel and one for groceries we need to order. How will I resist the urge to actually order everything I write on the lists over the next 2 weeks? LOL--I'm guessing we really need about half of it!

We usually drive everyplace, so we there's room for me to pack a lot of extras just in case. We're flying to Disney, so I'm trying hard to resist! Instead, I've got two running lists, one of things we need to order from Amazon Prime to meet us at the hotel and one for groceries we need to order. How will I resist the urge to actually order everything I write on the lists over the next 2 weeks? LOL--I'm guessing we really need about half of it!

I have my Prime Now list going as well for my groceries. I love Prime, especially Prime now. My husband has this huge list for Prime Now and I told him we are not ordering it all. We can always place a second order since there is no delivery fee.

You guys seem to be really prepared. I'm a complete slacker over here. I have no choice but to get a lot of things done this weekend. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself so I don't put stuff off again. I need to start working on a packing list and to-do list.

You guys seem to be really prepared. I'm a complete slacker over here. I have no choice but to get a lot of things done this weekend. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself so I don't put stuff off again. I need to start working on a packing list and to-do list.
I am right with you on the packing and to-do list slackers list this year.:teeth: I just can't get motivated yet. We don't leave until the last weekend in November, so I bet panic gotta get ready mode will kick in after Halloween.:earseek:

so we always keep trips a secret from our kids till the day we leave. and we always announce our trips with a surprise.
I was thinking about how to surprise them this year should we :
A. have my sister hold up a sign in the front door when she comes to pick us up to take us to the airport.
B. make a pop-up box with a thanksgiving theme that oldest would open and read.
C. have a big sign with our luggage in the living room saying your going to Disneyworld.
I like all three ideas just cant make up my mind which one to go with.

so we always keep trips a secret from our kids till the day we leave. and we always announce our trips with a surprise.
A. have my sister hold up a sign in the front door when she comes to pick us up to take us to the airport.
C. have a big sign with our luggage in the living room saying your going to Disneyworld.
I like A!!! :)

I keep putting everything off too. I at least have a packing list. I save all my packing lists in google docs, so I just update them if I am going on that trip again. We are at 18 or 19 days...things are so crazy, I don't even know.

Oh and my grocery list, it consists of beer, water and diet coke. :teeth: Maybe some breakfast bars and fruit.

Another vote for A here (and you have to tell us how it went).

I leave two weeks from today. I have so much to do. At least I have a packing list. I really need to get started on shirts and things I should have started weeks ago.

I'm going against the grain and saying B :rolleyes1

I've let this trip slip up on me. This is our last trip of our #bestear ever. Our AP's expire on the 11/26. We've had a blast having them. We live 8 hours away from the world and we really took advantage of them. So we are doing one final trip on them the week of Thanksgiving. We are staying off property for the whole week (1st time for that) and so I'm at my daily making fastpasses. Christmas is my absolute favorite time at the world and I can now say that being there in every season with confidence. The plan for this trip are going to be pretty loose. We've only have 2 ADR's this trip one for 50's prime time and Thanksgiving dinner at Raglan Road. I've heard this week is really busy so I'm trying to keep that in mind so we can enjoy our time. Happy plan to everyone.

Good Morning- For those of you who have received your magic bands already. How were they delivered? USPS, UPS, FedEx? Was the box that they are in obvious that it came from Disney? Our trip is a surprise for our kids, so I need to make sure my DH and I get to the mailbox before they do.

Good Morning- For those of you who have received your magic bands already. How were they delivered? USPS, UPS, FedEx? Was the box that they are in obvious that it came from Disney? Our trip is a surprise for our kids, so I need to make sure my DH and I get to the mailbox before they do.

Mine came by USPS and there was no way to tell the box came from Disney. I actually didn’t know it was our MB until i opened it. We only have two bands.

I remember in 2015 we had four bands and the box has Disney font and pictures on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter