• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official March Trip Reports

As I posted earlier, we are here at CBR for 2 nights before heading to Port Canaveral for a Carnival Cruise. Wish we were at the Fort glamping instead Anyway, we did Epcot today and have discovered what might be the "straw that breaks the Camels back" ... Disneyworld no longer sells hot dogs at the American pavillion 1st they start the parking fee and now no hot dogs ... what's gonna be next ? Luckily, one of the Africa pavillions sells hot dogs and we were saved
Yes the All American Hot Dog is off the menu but I hear they replaced it with Free Range Tofu Chicken Nuggets

Just saw on Facebook that someone in site 710 is leaving today another APPROVED fire pit and a Bicycle so if any one can use use them

Great and cute idea Terri!

Dalir, You should be there!!! Welcome Home and have a great time.

Sandbar- Welcome to the DIS and the Camping Forum. Safe travels and have fun at the Fort.

j

Got to the rest area just south of Ocala just before 3:00 am; the RV lot was basically empty. 6991.jpeg
The last 2 times we stopped there in October and December, we had to fight for a parking spot with RVs and semis. We slept for a few hours and made it to The Fort around 7:45. 6994.jpeg
We reserved a preferred site and asked the CM for a site with a back view (our camper is a rear living with a big window in back). Had to park in the grass overflow lot, then took the boat to MK. We had FP+ for 7DMT, SM, & BTMRR with lunch at BOG in between. The text came just after 9:00am with site 332. We headed back to setup the site around 3:00, after pictures with Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny.

Site 332 is tight. Can't open the awning completely with the slide out and very close to the neighbor, but the back view is very nice. It's very close to the trail leading back to the marina.

Back at MK for a FP on Pirates and dinner at The Plaza (first time there). The BBQ Brisket burger is fantastic! DW also gave rave reviews of the Rueben. Fireworks and one more FP for PP, then back for the night.
6997.jpeg
So, the only way I've found to get the picture file size down to an uploadable size is to text them to myself, then save the image.

Glad you got in today, dalir.

Also thank you for the nice review of The Plaza restaurant in MK. I have a reservation there for May dinner time so I'm looking forward to it now. (I'm a Reuben fan any time they are on a menu so your words were good news).

Bama Ed

Terri,

I say you pick that little piece up, put it in your pocket and dare anyone to see where it came from.

j

New menu at P&J Takeout.
View attachment 311013

That's a big, beautiful menu, Terri. Thanks for sharing.

I last used P&J's Takeout on my Halloween visit twice during that stay and it was not a great customer experience. In both trips I was simply getting a side dish (of french fries on one trip and mashed potatoes/gravy/cornbread on another) and the time it took to fill those orders was EXTREMELY long.

1. The line to place a P&J Takeout was long.
  2. Everyone seemed to be customizing their order which took time
  3. People were coming back with orders they had picked up because they were wrong
  4. Orders were being filled in the order placed. So my simple order of french fries took as long to fill as the lady with the GAG with all white meat.
  5. Burgers and sandwiches are completely new to the TE/HDDR kitchen, aren't they? (not that they're hard, just new/different)
There were several comp'd meals given out those nights that I saw.

I like the ribs addition to the menu since the kitchen is putting those out anyway for HDDR three times a night. I just think it will be a challenge to get the food in the bags and out the door with a "quality customer experience".

Bama Ed

PS - I know every night is not prolly as stressful as a night around Halloween given the crowds then. I want to believe it will work out but I am only 49% optimistic, not 51%.

That's a big, beautiful menu, Terri. Thanks for sharing.

I last used P&J's Takeout on my Halloween visit twice during that stay and it was not a great customer experience. In both trips I was simply getting a side dish (of french fries on one trip and mashed potatoes/gravy/cornbread on another) and the time it took to fill those orders was EXTREMELY long.

1. The line to place a P&J Takeout was long.
  2. Everyone seemed to be customizing their order which took time
  3. People were coming back with orders they had picked up because they were wrong
  4. Orders were being filled in the order placed. So my simple order of french fries took as long to fill as the lady with the GAG with all white meat.
  5. Burgers and sandwiches are completely new to the TE/HDDR kitchen, aren't they? (not that they're hard, just new/different)
There were several comp'd meals given out those nights that I saw.

I like the ribs addition to the menu since the kitchen is putting those out anyway for HDDR three times a night. I just think it will be a challenge to get the food in the bags and out the door with a "quality customer experience".

Bama Ed

PS - I know every night is not prolly as stressful as a night around Halloween given the crowds then. I want to believe it will work out but I am only 49% optimistic, not 51%.

The line has always been long as has been the wait. I find it surprising that they expanded the menu - hopefully they also upgraded their service standards. Over New Years, we ordered a GAG on one of the coldest nights of the year. There was nowhere to wait inside. It was very disappointing that they had no heaters anywhere in the porch or by the picnic tables and I actually suggested to the manager that he pick up a couple at Home Depot and make some money on cold nights on the porch instead of abandoning it as a cold tundra. The outdoor bar at Wilderness Lodge was toasty with heaters.

Lildancer,

The activities sheet usually comes out right at the end of the prior month. Since Easter is April 1 this year, that is cutting it VERY close.

I doubt we get an on-line version anywhere on the interwebz before 4/1 (although I would love to be wrong).

If I were in your shoes, I would go with last year's schedule and be flexible when you arrive and find out things might have changed.

Bama Ed

PS - last year's schedule: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...le-update-church-times.3594405/#post-57356474

PPS - people ask the same kind of questions regarding what movies will play on what days early in the month. It's all a function of when the data is released. Sometimes the data is released a couple days prior to the end of the month. Sometimes, it's not.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter