Official March Trip Reports

If it involves things near the water I think boat captain/pilot has jurisdiction

giphy.gif

Oh this is interesting to me. We are DVC members and we just bought a trailer, maybe by the time we can take the time to go from west coast to east coast, this would be ready and we could use our points. Unless, it's a lodge or building and not campsites :(
It won't be campsites.:(

Yesterday, Wednesday, we Went over to the Contemporary and GF to look at the confectionery eggs, very impressive. Got in a few games of table tennis while waiting for the return boat. The also had pool and corn hole, wish the Fort had these. Had my sister's clan over for dinner and then we headed to the Glow Dance Party. Was lots of fun. For some reason I am having a hard time resizing photos on my iPad, so will try to edit post and add from phone.

Updat: had to post pictures to Facebook, then save from Facebook to iPad, ugh, what a pain. Will bring laptop next time.
IMG_1130.JPG IMG_1131.JPG IMG_1132.JPG IMG_1133.JPG IMG_1134.JPG IMG_1135.JPG IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1137.JPG

Last edited:
Amazing how you can go from fishing on the canal and feeling like you are truly in the wilderness, to the swimming pool where.....nope, still at Disney, lol, best of both worlds.

GENIUS!!!! :worship:

I agree Marty, Terri's DH Greg is a smart fella and good guy too.

Terri, thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I know it requires extra effort for you but I for one appreciate it. And FWIW, I bring the Chromebook when I travel anyway so I support you bringing your laptop so we can see EVEN MORE PICTURES. ("feed the beast, Feed The Beast, FEED THE BEAST"). :dance3:

Okay. I'm fine now. Got that outa my system.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

ED

Didn't do much yesterday, fished in the morning, hit the pool for a whopping 20 minutes (just too busy) and then back to camp.Greg had to make a trip to the hardware store (wouldn't be a Taylor camp trip without at least one run into town for something). We have to fold up the back seat foot rest on the cart to be able to lift the tailgate and some how the bolts did not make it with us. Also had a bike that had a flat, luckily the bike barn sold replacement tubes. So Greg kept busy today.

Niece and family came for dinner and a cart ride down to horse barn and the canal. Saw the big buck we saw on the last trip along with some more turkeys. We have not seen the deer this trip like on past ones. After that we came back to camp to relaxing by fire.
IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1155.JPG

Not sure what's on the agenda for today, still thinking about it. It's our anniversary today, so we do have dinner reservations and of course it suppose to start raining around 5:00 :sad2:. We went for our morning ride and it was a beautiful sunrise. Went down to the lake and I almost felt bad putting my footprints in the freshly raked sand. They are also doing something down at the lake, not sure what:confused3. Will have to check on it later. They also fenced in and sodded the area next to the dog park that had the volleyball court. Maybe expanding the dog park?
IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1158.JPG IMG_1159.JPG IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1161.JPG IMG_1162.JPG IMG_1163.JPG IMG_1164.JPG

DD flew down to meet us on Wednesday morning. Wondered over to the horses while waiting for DME to deliver her. Another beautiful day at The Fort.
7095.jpeg
For a change, Fort Wilderness was the first stop for DME.

We took the path out of the back of 300 loop headed to the marina.
The old cabin across the canal.
7130.jpeg
Managed to get a pic with SM, the Castle, and a boat!
7128.jpeg
We played at MK for a while. Won't miss that train next time!
7139.jpeg
Had a little time before dinner so we made the loop of the park on the train before heading to the Poly. According to DS, "Ohana means family; family means unlimited meat swords!". We requested a table with a view of the fireworks, and they didn't disappoint.
7133.jpeg

Back to MK for 2:00am EMH. The crowds finally started to thin out after midnight. We managed SM, a double ride of Dumbo, and a triple ride of Barnstormer in the last half hour. Eventually, they made us leave.
7136.jpeg
Got back to our site about 3:00am; don't think we'll make early EMH at Epcot tomorrow.

Here is the area next to the dog park that used to be the volleyball court. They filled it in with sod yesterday.
IMG_1181.JPG

Terri Thanks for that update on Dog Park My Little One will be thrilled She believes walks are fine but needs freedom to go.
If Hubby is still high hook this trip I would make sure he gets the Range Free, GMO, Partially Organic Tofu infused with Soy Byproducts hot dogs that he has obviously been passing off to you

Thursday brought us back to Epcot. Caught a FP+ at Soarin' and realized a Behind the Seeds tour was about to start. We've never done the tour and with the AP discount, it was just over $21 pp. It lasted about an hour.
7143.jpeg
Growing Mickey cukes.
7145.jpeg 7148.jpeg
Hose storage in the fish farming area.
7155.jpeg
Second oldest plant, the date palm.
7160.jpeg
Coffee!
7152.jpeg
Cacao!
7157.jpeg
The oldest plant, the pepper tree.
FB_IMG_1522426561296.jpg
7163.jpeg
The earth ball coming in under the draw bridge.
7166.jpeg

Rode Mission Space, orange, before heading back to the camper to watch DS's girlfriend perform her oboe recital in Auburn via Facebook live.

Friday had been a slow day. We hung around The Fort until after noon. This is rare for us; we haven't mastered relaxing at Disney yet. Walked to the Meadows trading post to check it out. Picked up a new pin for my hat.
7173.jpeg
Headed over to AKL for lunch at Mara; flatbread and zebra domes! Flamingos and a giraffe were visible from the pool area.
7177.jpeg 7179.jpeg
Got into AK at 4:15 and headed out to Rafiki's Planet Watch for goat petting.
7182.jpeg
Not sure we're headed next but we have FPs for Kali, Everest, & Dinosaur later this evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter