** Official ** March 2011!!!

I think the thing with spring break is that the majority of people come the week before or after Easter, so those are the weeks that are really crowd heavy. The rest of March and April also have spring break weeks, but since which week it is varies by district or school, the crowds are better distributed throughout the two months. Does that make sense?
At any rate, Easter in 2011 will be the last week of April, and Passover is the week before. So I imagine from about April 16th to May 1st will be quite crowded.

For the Spring rraining games I remember just going online to order them. Not sure of the site. I do know that the best seats were somewhere around $20 a ticket. We never made it to a game since we missed the Phillies by one day and couldn't move our trip up. I do know we will be trying again this year.

As far as the cheerleaders go we only really saw them at DHS. We thankly got there as they were coming off the busses and we kindly got back ours. They were pouring in like it was Christmas morning at MK. We never really saw them or noticed them anywhere else though.

Thank you, thank you! My dad will be in Florida the week before I arrive with his best friend, who is also a big baseball fan. I'm sure the two of them would enjoy seeing a game together.
Sounds like the cheerleaders will be easy enough to avoid. We'll just plan our DHS day for earlier or mid week. We also have WWOHP to work in at some point, so that might be an activity for that 3 day weekend.

So if spring break for some starts Mar 14, they will probably be arriving Mar 12. If I am out of there by the 10th I should be okay!

Hoping I can get plane reservations for the days I want them........seems like everyone from Louisiana goes to WDW for Mardi Gras so plane tickets sell out very quickly to Orlando. There's no chance of us driving so flying is the only way to go. I have a little wiggle room (coming in on Sat or Sunday, even Friday although DD would have to miss one day of school) and we could return on Thurs of Friday or even Sat.

The Sat before Mardi Gras and the Wed after are big travel days.

Hi mbvisitor!

Thanks for the tip about the Swan and Dolphin teacher discount. I see you're also heading down during our spring break - we're probably on the same flight down early Saturday morning?

We're in NW Winnipeg. How about you?

This will be out first march trip. March 25th - April 3rd.

Hoping for some kind of deal.... Anything would be great. Have had free dining in september our last 3 trips!

We have done 2 thanksgiving trips, but this is our first March trip. We are March 5-12 at CSR. Rates finally came out and I booked the basic package. I will add tickets and dining later. we are hoping for some kind of deal. We got FD last year, but paid rack rate the year before. Hopefully 4/3 or something as good will be back.

ETA: our spring break is the 2nd vweek in April every year. We are going over Mardi Gras break this year. It is later since Easter is so late this year.

Spring Break definitely threw a wrench in planning for next spring. Our districts spring break, ever since I was in school in it, has always been Good Friday through the following week, so I assumed it would be again. Nope - ours is March 28-April 1. We're going March 4-12, so my son is going to miss a week, go back for 2 weeks, then a week off for spring break. :rolleyes1 I've gone back and forth about that but ultimately decided it's kindergarten and he'll live. ;)

I do wonder if the whole spring season will just be a little higher than usual b/c based on the polls I've seen around the DIS, spring breaks are really varied. I feel pretty safe with our first week in March though...guess we'll see!

I've got everyone added on the first page up to here. :)

D~

I've got everyone added on the first page up to here. :)

D~

Thanks for doing this! You seem like such an organized person, D. :)

Can anyone explain the ADR 180+10 day rule to me? Does this mean that on the 180th day before the first date of our stay, I can book up to 10 days of ADRs? Or do I book 1 day at a time 180 days out, or 190 days out? I am totally confused by this. :confused:

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks for doing this! You seem like such an organized person, D. :)

Can anyone explain the ADR 180+10 day rule to me? Does this mean that on the 180th day before the first date of our stay, I can book up to 10 days of ADRs? Or do I book 1 day at a time 180 days out, or 190 days out? I am totally confused by this. :confused:

you have it right. At 180 days from the day you check in, you can make adr's for the first 10 days of your trip. For eaxmple my checkin day is march 5. Sept 6 is 180 out form that day. I will be able to make adrs on that day for Mrach 5- March 14, or the last day of my stay, whichever is first.

From what I've read it means on the 180th day before the first date of your stay, you can book up to 10 days of ADRs.

Ugh! Another con with the Dolphin....I'd have to book 1 day at a time 180 days out.

DH just made a comment today about dining...that he'd be really ticked if we paid mega $$ for a meal and DS10 didn't eat.
I was so sure last week that we were going to stay at the Dolphin. Now I'm second guessing that decision. (I made ressies for an Illuninations view at teachers rate) Really would like to be on the DDP at a monorail resort since we'd have to deal with a stroller and DD2.5. Choosing a hotel shoudn't be this difficult!!:confused3
I read that the 2011 room rates are out. I'll have to call and see what the CR room cost will be and hope a discount comes out!

Hello!!

I hope I'm allowed to join? I sort of span 2 months, as my trip is March 24th - April 15th.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Bay Lake Tower.

I am SO impatient for park hours!!

Can't wait to hear how all your planning is coming along.

Hello!!

I hope I'm allowed to join? I sort of span 2 months, as my trip is March 24th - April 15th.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Bay Lake Tower.

I am SO impatient for park hours!!

Can't wait to hear how all your planning is coming along.

Of course you can join! :thumbsup2

Lucky you - a long trip... what kind of things are you planning? Besides your wedding, of course... I'd love to hear about that, as well! :hippie:

D~

Of course you can join! :thumbsup2

Lucky you - a long trip... what kind of things are you planning? Besides your wedding, of course... I'd love to hear about that, as well! :hippie:

D~
:) Thanks for the welcome.

We are planning a few tours (KTTK, Epcot Segway, maybe the new safari) a day at Discovery Cove.

We also want a lot of relxaing time, and although we'll do rope drops and late nights we don't plan to do and full days, so it's nice to have such a long trip, and to have time being close to each of the parks, so hopefully (other then when it comes to the wedding) we should never feel rushed off our feet.

I just had a grilled cheese for lunch and it made me sad. Why? It was nothing like the adult grilled cheese at Cpt. Cook's. Oh me, I wish I had one right now.

Totally jealous of people that are leaving soon! Aloha!

Jennifer

We are going March 19-27, 2011. Have our plane tix, but waiting to book the Disney portion of the trip in August when the schedules come out. We stayed at the Poly last time. This trip is either Wilderness Lodge or CBR.

We are going March 19-27, 2011. Have our plane tix, but waiting to book the Disney portion of the trip in August when the schedules come out. We stayed at the Poly last time. This trip is either Wilderness Lodge or CBR.

Too bad you're not staying at the Poly....that's where we will be those exact dates!!! I can't believe you have your airline tickets already; I'm jealous!!! I can only book through US Air or Delta right now...I have to wait on the rates to be released for Southwest and Airtran.

Have fun planning!

Added you to the front page. :)

Also super jealous that you have flight tickets already! I'm waiting for Southwest to release their rates... :surfweb:

:) Thanks for the welcome.

We are planning a few tours (KTTK, Epcot Segway, maybe the new safari) a day at Discovery Cove.

We also want a lot of relxaing time, and although we'll do rope drops and late nights we don't plan to do and full days, so it's nice to have such a long trip, and to have time being close to each of the parks, so hopefully (other then when it comes to the wedding) we should never feel rushed off our feet.

That sounds great... it would be nice to just take your time and enjoy it - I always feel like I'm running around with my head cut off because there is never enough time. Maybe someday when the kids are out of college - then I can do a long trip. :woohoo:

D~

The ONLY reason I have the plane tickets already is for two reasons:

1) I had the frequent flier miles on United to buy 4 roundtrip tickets for my family and those seats go fast at the "saver" rate of 25,000 miles for each. I had to book it that soon.

2) My kids are both out that week for spring break, so we know when we can go. We are only taking the kids out of school 1 day.

Happy planning for everyone !

Lucky you! I've been lurking over at the BLT photo thread - it looks fantastic!

D~

We are very excited about BLT. We just joined DVC on our first Disney Cruise April 2010. We have been (or at least I have been) a massive Disney enthuasist for quite some time. And while we were at the DVC presentation on the ship, my DH says to me .... so where do we sign up? ....... Are you freakin' kiddin' me!!!! I jumped right on that one and have been having a ball planning my DVC vacations. Prior to DVC we have stayed off property at the KOA campground, in a friend's timeshare off Black Lake road - a mere 5 min from AK- , in a camper in Fort Wilderness, in a home made camper at Fort Wilderness - this was an extremely budget trip.... I took 5 of us for 10 days for less than 2000 for everything- and our latest resort stays have been at POP Century which I dearly love and plan to visit the food court just for the chicken alfredo, So this is our first stay at a Delux ( well second, we are going to AKL in October 2010. But I'm anxiously awaiting when I can book my dinning reservations

Hey! I'm in AL and our Spring Break is March 14-18, or something like that. We're hoping to plan a trip around that time.

Hello ALABAMA! Our spring break is March 14 to to March 18 as well. Sometimes it varies from school district to school district. I only have one child left in school- but its high school this year and they are much more strict about attendance. I'm all in favor of school, and I know rules are rules. But travel is educational. Yes, I know its Disney but there is always something to learn just from experiencing life. Sometimes I just get so frustrated with the ridgidness of school that I REALLY want to HomeSchool just so I can have flexibility in our lives and provide educational experiences for my child that I think are important. I mean, think about it... what if we were going on a European Disney cruise.... how educational is that? Anyway, Looking forward to visiting with Mickey in March.

To all the March goers.... :woohoo: and see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter