** Official ** March 2011!!!

Thanks for checking on the cheerleaders for us. Sounds like the first two weeks of March will be good. However, don't forget the Flower and Garden Festival starts at Epcot on (I believe?) March 4th. Not sure if those first few days impact crowds at all.

Once I get home from the lake (and have a real keyboard) I will make this thread the official March 2011 thread.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

D~

I am excited about it being Flower and Garden festival. Last time we went we missed it by a few weeks. My mom is an avid gardener so she was excited as well!

I think I am going to check out the Family Disney thread. They have some fun ideas of things to do before the trip....fun themes parties and movie nights, etc.

we went last year in March so that we could also go to Spring Trainign games. As you may know the Braves play at Disney for ST, but there are a TON of major league teams that play in the area. We go to Viera to see the Washington Nationals play and then follow it up with a week at the Poly. Last year we booked in August but then in December or so the buy 4 get 3 free deal came out and we were able to apply it to our existing reservation.

Can't wait until march!

I saw they extended free dining thru December. WOnder if there is any chance they will extend it again thru March??:)

I don't think that free dining has happened in the past two years in March. it has been the book 4 get 3 deal. But there may have been the 40% off two years ago. I can't remember now.

The best thing about March (pre spring break) is the low crowds and humidity-free weather. Love it.

I think we should make this an "official March thread". Who can do that?

Jennifer

Hello all! :) Excited to see a March '11 thread - means we're getting close, right?? :lmao:

We'll be there March 4-12 - my, DH, DS, DD and my mom. Most likely staying at ASMo and eagerly waiting for rates/packages/specials to be released - we also traveled in May 09 under the buy 4, get 3 deal and it was so awesome - a girl can hope for something similar again, right? :)

I'm so ready to do some hardcore planning! :)

Yes thats right, in 2009 it was the buy 4 get 3 free deal also. But I am only going Sat and coming home Thurs so 5 nights, not 7. I did the same number of days last time and did not take advantage of the buy 4/3 free deal. I wonder if I should just go ahead and book for 7 nights using that deal (assuming they may offer it again this year) and just leave early?

I guess if I book for 5 nights and then the deal comes out they can add it to my reservation and adjust the price at that time, correct?

I googled cheerleading and Disney and came up with a site saying Disney is hosting a cheer competition the 18th through 20th, I believe it was. Does that mean the cheerleaders will probably arrive the 18th, or will they be there earlier? The 18th is at the tail end of our week, and I want to plan accordingly.

Still, our last trip was the week before Easter, so this pretty much has to be an improvement in terms of crowds.

Great, we will be arriving on the 20th. So happy to hear this

Hello all :goodvibes

DH and I will staying at SSR from Mar 18-25. This is the first trip for us to WDW in nearly 20 years. :eek: We're huge Disneyland fans and have been AP holders for the last 10+ years. We did our honeymoon there, and are doing our anniversary at WDW. I'm sure excited! (Though not so much about the cheerleading convention, but not much can be done about that :) ). I'm having a blast looking over the menus on Allears. I think that if I could make my ADR's now, I would. :rotfl:I'm a tad anxious. :goodvibes

Anyone have any suggestions on romantic things to do at WDW?

So is this the "official" march thread? I didn't see another one out there!

last year March we didn't have a drop of rain, the crowds were low until the last couple of days we were there. pretty great.

So where is everyone staying? We will be at a GV at the Poly. I am going to wait and book until the rates come out for 2011 I think. Or maybe I will get put down the one nights stay and go from there. who knows.

One thing I know for sure is that we are not doing the dining plan this time. We have figured out that we don't really like ordering dessert and we like to share an app in the beginning of our meal. We always feel as if we are being forced to eat what we really don't want. It may even be more economical for us to go without.

Jennifer

I've edited the first thread and made this one *Official* for March 2011. Sorry it took so long - I was on vacation and couldn't edit from my phone. :)

If you want to be added to the list just post your dates and hotel. :) If you aren't on the list, it's because I didn't see your dates. :)

Also - I googled the cheerleading competition and I couldn't find any info on it... was there a location for this? I'd like to add it to the first post.

Happy planning! :)

D~

We are going to celebrate my DD's 8th grade graduation. Right now we are booked at GF with Lagoon View - there aren't any rooms with Theme Park View available - I will keep checking to see if any open. Hoping for RPC theme park view.

Planning on parasailing for DD, Segway tour for me and fishing trip for DH. This way each of us gets a little one on on with with DD. Also planning on Photopass Portraits...DD will have her graduation gown...maybe put on the mickey ears with grad cap and have her picture taken? Still thinking this one over.

What is this cheerleading thing going on the 18th - 20th? Our hometown high school band and chorus perform while we are there. Band marches on the 19th on mainstreet and the chorus on the 20th at DTD.

I'm staying at SSR (and it's Micayla with a C :goodvibes )

I'm curious on this cheerleading competition. I'm googled it too, and I'm getting dates in Jan, Feb and May. Hopefully there isn't a competition in March, but not much I can do now if there is. I'm committed to our dates either way. :goodvibes

http://uca.varsity.com/college_nationals.aspx
Announcing the 2011
College Cheerleading and Dance Team
National Championship dates:
January 14-17, 2011

http://uca.varsity.com/Nationals.aspx
The National High School Cheerleading Championship
Announcing the 2011 Championship Dates
February 11-15, 2011!

http://contestofchampions.com/schoolCheer.htm
2011 School & Youth
Recreation Cheer Nationals
Saturday, February 26, 2011

http://usasf.net/worlds/2011/
The 2011 Cheerleading and Dance Worlds
April 28- May 2, 2011

I will be there from March 4-13th staying at the Poly!

Thanks for making us "official"! ; )

I'm not on the list, looks like I forgot to include my dates! We'll be there from Friday March 4 to Sunday March 13.

The cheerleading thing is there March 18 - 20 is an international cheerleading competition. Go to www.americheer.com for details. Searched around the board today. Last year these cheerleaders stayed at the All Stars and Carribean Beach (I think this is the right moderate). There are also two high school bands (one is ours) and they are both staying off property.

I bookmarked the site so I can follow their plans. Last year they were at DS using the Indiana Jones stage for performances.....won't go to that park those days.....

The cheerleading thing is there March 18 - 20 is an international cheerleading competition. Go to www.americheer.com for details. Searched around the board today. Last year these cheerleaders stayed at the All Stars and Carribean Beach (I think this is the right moderate). There are also two high school bands (one is ours) and they are both staying off property.

I bookmarked the site so I can follow their plans. Last year they were at DS using the Indiana Jones stage for performances.....won't go to that park those days.....

Got everyone up to here. :)

Thanks 6264ever for the link! That will really come in handy when we are trying to plan. :wizard:

D~

Hello all :goodvibes

I'm having a blast looking over the menus on Allears. I think that if I could make my ADR's now, I would. :rotfl:I'm a tad anxious. :goodvibes

Hooray, a fellow foodie! I love dining at Disney World - I think I have ADRs chosen for almost every night of our trip. DH, DD and DS just go along with whatever I pick since they know I research every last detail. :woohoo:

Our favourites during our last trip were Boma and Cape May Cafe so we'll probably get to those ones for sure!

Happy planning to all! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter