** Official ** March 2011!!!

We will be there too for Mardi Gras week, March 5-13. We went Mardi Gras week in 2008 and loved it but it was the first week of February. We are a little nervous about the crowds, so I hope its not too bad.

We are still deciding if we are going to stay at Pop or ASMU. :cool1:

We will be there too for Mardi Gras week, March 5-13. We went Mardi Gras week in 2008 and loved it but it was the first week of February. We are a little nervous about the crowds, so I hope its not too bad.

We are still deciding if we are going to stay at Pop or ASMU. :cool1:

The last time I went for MG (2009) seriously, the crowds were not that bad. Nothing like the summertime when we usually go.

The wait time for ToT was 10 minutes on our HS day!:yay:

The last time I went for MG (2009) seriously, the crowds were not that bad. Nothing like the summertime when we usually go.

The wait time for ToT was 10 minutes on our HS day!:yay:

Wonderful, just what I wanted to hear, we normally go in July.

Wonderful, just what I wanted to hear, we normally go in July.

as you can see from my sig we had always been in June or July and in addition to the heat, you had to deal with the crowds. Awful!

I was SHOCKED at how light the crowds were for MG as compared to the summer. Now with that being said, last time we went was MG 2009 and it was the end of Feb so I am hoping that even though MG is later this year, it wont be more crowded.

Even so, it will be much better waiting in line if it is 75 degrees as compared to 95 in the summer. I think if you make rope drop and go with a plan, you should be fine.

Do they do anything special for Mardi Gras? When we booked I had no clue it was even MG I just booked for our anniversary. Now I am thinking we might do 1 or 2 nights at Universal instead of adding the 1 or 2 nights on at WDW since I hear they have some special things for MG. We already have 2 tickets for Uni so we would just be paying to stay which I have to do at WDW anyway.

TIA
Vicki

Right now its either Poly or WL. Now DH says we might fly instead of drive which means I may be able to add 2 nights!!!

Hey, there!!! First, hello from your neighbor! Second, when are you going? We're going to be there March 17th through the 28th. We are going to stay at the Poly (I'm waiting for the rates to come out so I can book). If we're going to be there at the same time I would LOVE to say hello.

And thank you for starting this thread!!!!:goodvibes If any DISers are going the same time I am, reach out to me and I will be sure to look for you (or even plan a meet!)

:wave2:

Hey, there!!! First, hello from your neighbor! Second, when are you going? We're going to be there March 17th through the 28th. We are going to stay at the Poly (I'm waiting for the rates to come out so I can book). If we're going to be there at the same time I would LOVE to say hello.

And thank you for starting this thread!!!!:goodvibes If any DISers are going the same time I am, reach out to me and I will be sure to look for you (or even plan a meet!)

:wave2:

Hello neighbor. We will be there from the 6th-12 right. So we will be missing you by a few days.

Still have no clue where we want to stay for the extra night or 2. I went over and looked at the club lounge pics and now I am even more confused. I guess it will all come down to price. UGHHHH too many decisions.

Enjoy your trip!!!

So, should we convert this thread to be the *official March 2011* thread? I am pretty sure I can edit my first post and retitle it. :)

Seems like quite a few of us will be there for MG... I really think that crowds will be really different in March due to a very late Easter - I don't think they will follow the tides of years previous. Do you think that Easter plays into the crowds?

D~

So, should we convert this thread to be the *official March 2011* thread? I am pretty sure I can edit my first post and retitle it. :)

Seems like quite a few of us will be there for MG... I really think that crowds will be really different in March due to a very late Easter - I don't think they will follow the tides of years previous. Do you think that Easter plays into the crowds?

D~

We are normally there for Christmas so the crowds last March were nothing compared to what we are used to. We went a few days later last year then we have planned for this year. I know we got there the week that Spring Break season started and there was a larger college age crowd. Epcot and the Boardwalk at night was not pretty LOL.

I know there was a MAJOR cheer competition last year while we were there. We had scheduled to do DHS one day and got off the boat from the boardwalk and kindly RAN to a bus to get the heck out of there. There was thousands of cheerleaders pouring in. Later that day we were talking to a couple who spent the day at DHS and said it was fine until the competition let out and then all hell broke loose. They also had a high school band competition as well going on the same week. We ran into a few of those groups but they were always very nice and polite. The cheerleaders were the worst though. My DD is a cheerleader so I have nothing against respectful ones. Lucky us we got to ride home with 2 difffernt squads on our plane and lets just say the wait at the airport was HORRIBLE I was ready to walk home. LOL The girls were yelling and screaming and argueing and just being nasty.

I know some of the numbers for the week we are going are MUCH lower then last year. Last year I think the highest we had on the crowd calandar was a 7 but the lowest was a 5. This year I don't think we have anything over a 5 but its still early. Anytyhing is better then the Christmas crowds we deal with but we love going that time of year. Everyone is so much more happy. When we went in March we ran into some of the most miserable people. I would also look at them and smile and say have a wonderful day you are at WDW. DH thought I was a nut LOL

D~

I would say it definitely plays into it. The past few years we have been there for our spring break, the crowds have been very managable. Then, the week before Easter, you start seeing park closures, and seeing pictures of crowds that are miserable to look at, let alone be in. We weren't planning on going this year, but now that we know Easter is so far off from our spring break :confused3

Do they do anything special for Mardi Gras? When we booked I had no clue it was even MG I just booked for our anniversary. Now I am thinking we might do 1 or 2 nights at Universal instead of adding the 1 or 2 nights on at WDW since I hear they have some special things for MG. We already have 2 tickets for Uni so we would just be paying to stay which I have to do at WDW anyway.

TIA
Vicki

Port Orleans French Quarter is the place to be. The cast members there get into the spirit of Mardi Gras, and stage a parade. Carts are decorated as floats, and every year they have a theme.

Glad to have found this thread! We're going March 26-April 3 which is spring break around here. It will be a great break from our Canadian winter. :)

Last time we were in WDW was the week after Christmas 2007. The crowds were insane and the weather turned to freezing mid-way through the week. We still managed to have a fantastic time, but hopefully March will be a better month for crowds and weather. :yay:

Glad to have found this thread! We're going March 26-April 3 which is spring break around here. It will be a great break from our Canadian winter. :)

Last time we were in WDW was the week after Christmas 2007. The crowds were insane and the weather turned to freezing mid-way through the week. We still managed to have a fantastic time, but hopefully March will be a better month for crowds and weather. :yay:

March looks to be a good time to go! :cool1: Do you know where you are staying yet?

D~

We are headed to WDW for Mardi Gras as well. My youngest DS's birthday is the day after Mardi Gras and I promised him a long time ago that if his birthday ever fell during their school break for Mardi Gras we'd go. Older DS has already celebrated his birthday in WDW, Mardi Gras week as well--his birthday is in Feb. So thanks to DS we are going, not that we really needed an excuse. LOL. I'm looking forward to nice weather and hopefully low crowds. We let DS pick the resort and as of now it looks like we'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Glad to find this thread. I have thoughts of a March trip. Thinking about staying at CR?! We went in September of 2009 and it was still to hot for us! I am probably going to do early March like first or second week after that lots of places have Spring Break and last years spring break here was the cheeerleading week...I knew someone that was down there cheering.

I am probably going to go ahead and book in August and then if a deal comes out apply it. Last year wasnt in the buy 4 get 3 free????

Glad to find this thread. I have thoughts of a March trip. Thinking about staying at CR?! We went in September of 2009 and it was still to hot for us! I am probably going to do early March like first or second week after that lots of places have Spring Break and last years spring break here was the cheeerleading week...I knew someone that was down there cheering.

I am probably going to go ahead and book in August and then if a deal comes out apply it. Last year wasnt in the buy 4 get 3 free????

Last March through the 27th was in the buy 4 get 3. The year before, there was also a gift card. Hoping for another great deal this year!

I googled cheerleading and Disney and came up with a site saying Disney is hosting a cheer competition the 18th through 20th, I believe it was. Does that mean the cheerleaders will probably arrive the 18th, or will they be there earlier? The 18th is at the tail end of our week, and I want to plan accordingly.

Still, our last trip was the week before Easter, so this pretty much has to be an improvement in terms of crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter