** Official ** March 2011!!!

:)we just got back,,,and you are so right,,,we planned on going "before" the crowds and spring break,,,but Even Disney was surprised with the amount of early "breakers"..They didn't seem ready,,,and so many CM's were "Earning their Ears" that not many of them had answers to ANY Questions!!!
Example,,,I asked a CM standing in an intersection of Animal Kingdom..
"How do we find the Exit?"...He got out a map....and proceeded to try to
find out where we were standing first!!! OH Boy!!!
The Cheerleaders were everywhere,,,and Everyone who lives in South America were visiting!!! 2 Hour wait for Everything at MK on Sunday,,,in fact you could have lifted your feet and been pulled along in the tide, it was that crowded!!! Just a hint,,,Fast Passes were GONE for the day at each park by 11AM ...so send out an early scout if you have too!!!!
Good Luck,,,OH,,and it was 80 degrees and sunny every day:cool2:

Wow! It wasn't quite that bad when we were there. We could at least walk w/o being dragged along! :rotfl: But, the FP is good advice. We found a lot of them gone too. And, some rides weren't even scheduled to USE FP on the days we were there b/c they weren't expecting the crowds to need them! :scared1:
Sounds like you still had a great time! We did too. After all, its still Disney! :cloud9: (Poor CMs being trained though... Ay yi yi! Nothing like "trial by fire!")

WOW...we just got back. It was crowded, but we managed to have an awesome time and do MORE than we've EVER done on a WDW trip before! We were there from the 15th thru the 22nd. We did Rope Drops, used Touring Plans to figure out what parks to hit each day, and also used TP's app on my phone use our chosen park touring plan each day and follow line wait times. It was crowded, but manageable. I only saw some cheerleaders on our DHS day as they were in line with us at Rock & Roll (this was the only ride all week we waited over 20 minutes for). FPs WERE gone on our days for some of the 'most wanted' rides by about noon (R&R, TSMM, Soarin') but at each park we sent a runner for FPs for the most wanted ride at Rope Drop, as TP suggests, and then followed our touring plan (and continuing to get next wanted FP as available and ride other things in the meantime).

I will say when we were there MK was a little overwhelming by about 1 or 2 PM in the crowd levels. But, that was when we were winding down anyway (on our first full MK day we got there prior to 8 AM rope drop, got in right away and rode 14 different rides by noon and then we even got in some duplicates of some rides including Space twice, Splash twice, Pirates twice, and Thunder 3 times!!! Incredibley productive day!) We planned our TS dinners in parks we were in for the most part and early. Most of our days ended at 3 or 4 PM and then we swam and rested, though we did do one late night at MK doing the late EMHs and one night playing at Epcot until close. Crowd levels for most all our days were 10's.

Just wanted to respond for those still heading out - don't be scared of crowds...just have a plan and DO NOT sleep in!!!

Weather was PERFECT when we were there! No humidity, mid 80's and SUNNY every day!!!

WOW...we just got back. It was crowded, but we managed to have an awesome time and do MORE than we've EVER done on a WDW trip before! We were there from the 15th thru the 22nd. We did Rope Drops, used Touring Plans to figure out what parks to hit each day, and also used TP's app on my phone use our chosen park touring plan each day and follow line wait times. It was crowded, but manageable. I only saw some cheerleaders on our DHS day as they were in line with us at Rock & Roll (this was the only ride all week we waited over 20 minutes for). FPs WERE gone on our days for some of the 'most wanted' rides by about noon (R&R, TSMM, Soarin') but at each park we sent a runner for FPs for the most wanted ride at Rope Drop, as TP suggests, and then followed our touring plan (and continuing to get next wanted FP as available and ride other things in the meantime).

I will say when we were there MK was a little overwhelming by about 1 or 2 PM in the crowd levels. But, that was when we were winding down anyway (on our first full MK day we got there prior to 8 AM rope drop, got in right away and rode 14 different rides by noon and then we even got in some duplicates of some rides including Space twice, Splash twice, Pirates twice, and Thunder 3 times!!! Incredibley productive day!) We planned our TS dinners in parks we were in for the most part and early. Most of our days ended at 3 or 4 PM and then we swam and rested, though we did do one late night at MK doing the late EMHs and one night playing at Epcot until close. Crowd levels for most all our days were 10's.

Just wanted to respond for those still heading out - don't be scared of crowds...just have a plan and DO NOT sleep in!!!

Weather was PERFECT when we were there! No humidity, mid 80's and SUNNY every day!!!

thanks for the update....we will be there starting on the 29th and plan on doing everything you did! happy to hear you had a great trip!

WOW...we just got back. It was crowded, but we managed to have an awesome time and do MORE than we've EVER done on a WDW trip before! We were there from the 15th thru the 22nd. We did Rope Drops, used Touring Plans to figure out what parks to hit each day, and also used TP's app on my phone use our chosen park touring plan each day and follow line wait times. It was crowded, but manageable. I only saw some cheerleaders on our DHS day as they were in line with us at Rock & Roll (this was the only ride all week we waited over 20 minutes for). FPs WERE gone on our days for some of the 'most wanted' rides by about noon (R&R, TSMM,
Soarin') but at each park we sent a runner for FPs for the most wanted ride at
Rope Drop, as TP suggests, and then followed our touring plan (and continuing
to get next wanted FP as available and ride other things in the meantime).

I will say when we were there MK was a little overwhelming by about 1 or 2
PM in the crowd levels. But, that was when we were winding down anyway (on
our first full MK day we got there prior to 8 AM rope drop, got in right away
and rode 14 different rides by noon and then we even got in some duplicates
of some rides including Space twice, Splash twice, Pirates twice, and Thunder
3 times!!! Incredibley productive day!) We planned our TS dinners in parks
we were in for the most part and early. Most of our days ended at 3 or 4 PM
and then we swam and rested, though we did do one late night at MK doing
the late EMHs and one night playing at Epcot until close. Crowd levels for
most all our days were 10's.

Just wanted to respond for those still heading out - don't be scared of
crowds...just have a plan and DO NOT sleep in!!!

I'm happy to read you had a great time!

We have tomorrow left in WDW (sniffle). I'm "grounded" today b/c I got a horrible heat rash for the first time ever after waiting in hour plus lines 2 days in a row in the sun to meet Rapunzel & Flynn, and Terrance & Tinker Bell. Im thinking it must be due to a new medication I'm on, total bummer, but its better than being rained out:)
hope to be better tomorrow for my 40th birthday!

DITTO on early. We have not done rope drop, but try to get to parks by 9 or
10. We are hanging back a little on departure times to avoid bus crowds b/c
I'm scooter bound this trip due to foot surgery. It is crowded, but much more manageable than I expected by reports. I made a very detailed plan, broke up our MK days to where we did FRontierland & Adventureland 1st time, Fantasyland & Tomorrowland the next. Tomorrow is our last day, it's at MK & we'll hit what we missed:). The new castle projection show is awesome, but
our seats were from Tomorrowland Terrace which was too far back to see picture well. My tip would be get up close to the castle & brave the Main
Street crowd to see it up close. We chose our spot to see Tink's fly over & she did not:(. Winds are kinda high right now. The nighttime EMH were pretty
good, we got to see MSEP in FRontierland with plenty of space. Haunted
Mansion had 10 minute wait after that, but Fantasyland was crowded. We did Philharmagic & headed out around 1am

The Flower Festival is GORGEOUS. Epcot was quite manageable until close to
sunset. I just found a good spot for Illuminations early & stayed put:). My guys are at DHS w/o me:dance3::sick:::sad1: but it sounds like they are
getting to do everything they want & late F!

Hope every one has or had as much fun as we are. Got to do some new
things this trip, enjoy old favorites, & lots of happy memories!

this time tomorrow we will be at the airport :banana::banana:
4 days until WDW and the POP :banana::banana:
12 days until AKL :banana::banana:

hope to see some other March DISser's around the park...we will have our mickey heads decorated with flowers on our bags!

safe travels to all who are leaving soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter