• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*********OFFICIAL January 2015 Thread - COME CHECK IN!!! ***************

We leave for California tomorrow and check int the Grand Californian on Saturday! I can't believe its here!!!

We leave tomorrow! So excited!:cool1: We are trying to focus on all of the positives of everything that will be open as the list of closures can be quite overwhelming to look at sometimes.

We leave tomorrow! So excited! We are trying to focus on all of the positives of everything that will be open as the list of closures can be quite overwhelming to look at sometimes.

We just got back today and I have posted a trad on visiting in January... don't worry you will have a great time!:goodvibes

Hubby and I arrived about 3:30 PM PDT. Walked down to the CVS at Katella and Harbor and back. We have a nice room at the BWPPI. It's a "suite" but mostly just a pony wall separating the couch/sofa area from the beds. But nice sized. A/C unit doesn't seem to be working as well as we think it should, waiting for maintenance to return with a box fan to help cool off the room more. Humidity is high because of the recent rains and clouds that are still hanging around. We actually got rained on while driving south, but none in Orange County.

I think we'll be heading over to Downtown Disney to get dinner and do some shopping once the maintenance person comes back, hopefully soon, as I'm getting a bit hungry LOL

This hotel is undergoing some renovations of their lobby area. So they've moved the registration desk into another room and they're quite cozy in there LOL. Front staff was very nice and pleasant, quick to get us checked in. We have a room on the 2nd floor, about 1/2 way back past the pool area. Breakfast "buffet" is included and is being served in an upstairs area of the restaurant, Captain Kidd's, next door. Simple buffet offered by the looks of the menu in the room. Hot eggs, fried potatoes, hot breakfast meat, waffles, danish and muffins; bagel (only "white") with cream cheese; oatmeal; donuts; yogurt; white and wheat bread with butter & jam; fruit; and some cold cereal. Beverages are 2% milk & skim milk; Coffee, tea, orange and apple juice. Just in case someone cares LOL

Room has been recently updated; but it's very dark and, of course, they don't put high watt bulbs in the lamps/fixtures. We'll see how comfy the beds are once we sleep on them tonight.

Well, we're off to dinner. Everyone who's here this weekend, have a great time!

Checked into the DLH premium view room category yesterday and have an amazing room , think we definitely got some pixie dust ! We were granted our request of adventure tower in an odd numbered room. I was pretty sure this meant DTD side which I wanted anyway but didn't request because I didn't want to be too specific. When we got to our room it was a double door that required our room key - oh that's interesting I thought. Then when we opened that double door there were two rooms right next to each other ( but separate numbered) - It dawned on me this must be used a 2 bedroom suite because the outer double doors are secured by room key only , yet two separate doors for separate rooms but could be used as a "hallway". When the bellman came up I asked him out of curiosity and he confirmed what I thought. It appears no one needed the 2 bedroom suite so both rooms were sold separate. The room is a corner room and very large! One king bed ( which is perfect for us) , closet space is deceptively large and has a chair (that could be used as a pullout if needed) , desk , and another sitting chair as well. Then there is the view..let's just say I am loving it. It's "only" the 8th floor but it's perfect. You can definitely hear the music from DTD so light sleepers may not enjoy it but I love it. You can see DTD , Matterhorn , Splash ,BTMRR ( top of it) to the left , and DCA/Screamin , ToT , Mickey's Fun wheel to the right. Out of the corner window I can see the big sorcerer hat at the entrance of DLH. I'm officially spoiled by this room but grateful for the awesomeness. Typing this from the room , looking out to see the Disneyland attractions is such an awesome feeling. Crowds have been pretty low -RSR was 5 minute single rider this morning , RSR fastpass were still available for 8-9pm yesterday around 1:30pm and we got a IASW boat all to ourselves last night it was so slow. It's been amazing. Pics below : Downtown Disney view from room DCA view to right from room View of Disneyland/Matterhorn to left (zoomed in) Wide view of Matterhorn from room
Sounds great! We're looking to possibly book a suite as well so that sounds just about perfect. Thanks for the pics!

Just got back from our mini two day trip. Had such a good time can't wait to do it again. Ended up doing the river belle fantasmic dinner pkg and was so worth it. Great view from our table and the food was amazing! Also did the paradise pier character breakfast and it was amazing for my two and a half yr old. The character interactions this trip were incredible. Hope all of you who haven't gone have such a good time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter