• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*********OFFICIAL January 2015 Thread - COME CHECK IN!!! ***************

We will check in Jan 26, leave on the 31st. Disneyland Hotel. Can't wait for Frozen Fun, Star Tours, Radiator Springs, and (hopefully) a chance to meet Baymax!!

I don't know if Baymax will be back by then (if at all). When we were there last week, we were told their visit had ended on Jan 6.

One of the first "dates" my now wife and I went on was a trip to Disneyland. Two and a half or so years later, with a ring box in my pocket all day, (we had room at DL Hotel, so early entrance to the park) and after a call to her folks to ask for her hand a few days before, at dusk I knelt on one knee in the center of the compass rose. As a 30 year-old man, it was the most nervous I had ever been. Many saw what was happening, and someone yelled, "hey give me your camera, I'll snap a picture!".

We live, and I grew up, in west Los Angeles, so I'd been to DL dozens of times, starting when "ticket" really meant something, family trips, trips with friends as teenagers, Grad Night.

So this Saturday January 24th will be 17 years (same day / date) since my Disney proposal. My Princess and I are driving down to The Happiest Place on Earth that morning early, dropping our stuff at Paradise Pier and then running over to DL for the hour early entrance. A little bummed about some of the closures, and most disappointed that he castle will likely be covered for renovation. But, at dusk we'll be there, in front of the castle on the compass.

Sunday we'll spend the better part of the day at CA Adventure and then home. I already know I'll feel like a little kid, tired but so sad to be leaving and dreaming of when I might be back. I hope I can talk my wife into a trip later in the year, this the 60th anniversary of the park.

I've never been, my wife has before she met me, to WDW so I can't say, but I do feel that DL is somehow the most magical (I'm sorry Florida peeps). Its the first, its the very soil that Walt and his family walked on. The black and white TV coverage of opening day, kids running through that very same castle. I know I feel the magic. For the past couple of weeks now I've been immersed in everything, every photo, every trip report, every engagement story I can find. Now 47, seventeen years after my proposal, and almost four years since my last visit, I find myself on one hand feeling like a 10 year old, and on the other like a very nostalgic late-middle aged man looking back through the eyes of a kid. Not ashamed to say my eyes well up.

I know the world is not the magical place it seems to a kid, and maybe that's why Disneyland is so important to so many "big kids". I'm glad there is a place where, if even for just a little while, if you let it, magic can happen.

Last edited:

Just looked at the Anaheim forecast...wow, looks gorgeous this week! Enjoy the sunshine Jan. DISers!

One week!! Just have to get through this work week, then we hop on the plane Saturday morning...the weekend in San Diego, then one week from today we'll be in Disneyland! Weather looks fantastic so far...fingers crossed it stays that way. Can. Not. Wait.

Hello!
We just booked a last minute trip to Disneyland at the Disneyland hotel January 29 - Feb. 2nd. So excited to finally be going to DL where all of the magic started!

Hello!
We just booked a last minute trip to Disneyland at the Disneyland hotel January 29 - Feb. 2nd. So excited to finally be going to DL where all of the magic started!

We'll be in the Parks Saturday (1/31) and Sunday (2/1); We arrive our hotel on Friday, 1/30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter