• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*********OFFICIAL January 2015 Thread - COME CHECK IN!!! ***************

So wunderground is giving us a 60% chance of rain next Thursday. Oh I'm sure that could change drastically in the next week but I'm not any less delighted. I bought adorable rain boots a few weeks ago. If I get to wear them I'll be the happiest 40 yro puddle jumper in the whole world! ;)

So wunderground is giving us a 60% chance of rain next Thursday. Oh I'm sure that could change drastically in the next week but I'm not any less delighted. I bought adorable rain boots a few weeks ago. If I get to wear them I'll be the happiest 40 yro puddle jumper in the whole world! ;)

love that attitude! It's looking like 60% chance of showers on Tuesday when I'm there too. I'm assuming that between the showers, the refurbishments and the stupid measles thing, I may actually be the only person in the park.

Too much to hope for? :thumbsup2;)

love that attitude! It's looking like 60% chance of showers on Tuesday when I'm there too. I'm assuming that between the showers, the refurbishments and the stupid measles thing, I may actually be the only person in the park. Too much to hope for? :thumbsup2;)

Well the forecast already changed! LOL! Hopefully it'll change for you, too. Buy cool rain boots so if it does rain it can be a happy thing!

I will be there on Tuesday with my 6 month old. Hopefully it's not too bad!

ok, other DISboard members and their families are allowed to come into MY park on Tuesday too, but nobody else. ;)

The rain thing has been moving around for the past few days. It was showers monday and tuesday. Now it's just Monday after midnight and tuesday. It could change 3 more times before we're there. The fact that they are described as showers instead of rain makes me hopeful that it wont be too bad, or constant.

I'm from Seattle, I'm ok with showers so long as it's warm. :)

We had steady rain for two days straight! We still had a blast! We had umbrellas because I could not get my teenagers in ponchos. We did do a change of clothes mid day, just to warm up. The water on the street is the biggest problem. I wouldn't even call them puddles, the patches of water on the ground were more like small ponds! Our shoe choice was bad. Dry feet would have been a plus.

We found DL is a better choice on rainy days. Still plenty to do. DCA did have quite a few weather related closures. The rain made for some interesting ride photos on Screamin!

Have fun!

We had steady rain for two days straight! We still had a blast! We had umbrellas because I could not get my teenagers in ponchos. We did do a change of clothes mid day, just to warm up. The water on the street is the biggest problem. I wouldn't even call them puddles, the patches of water on the ground were more like small ponds! Our shoe choice was bad. Dry feet would have been a plus.

We found DL is a better choice on rainy days. Still plenty to do. DCA did have quite a few weather related closures. The rain made for some interesting ride photos on Screamin!

Have fun!

Flipflops or sandals would be good for rainy days. Or if you're like me, and hate them, just make sure to have a second pair of shoes on hand for when the rain clears up. That way you don't spend the evening blow drying your shoes in the hotel room. Ha!

Just to follow up on my previous post about noise and power outages at the DLH. We were there from Jan 15-19. We had no problems with water or power outages. There was scaffolding on the roof area around Goofys Kitchen, and we were told it had to do with OSHA issues and they were installing railings along the top of the roof. We spent quite a bit of time in the pool area, and never noticed any construction noise, or really any activity up there at all. I wonder if they suspended work during the race/holiday weekend?

I did encounter a rather, less than enthusiastic CM when we checked in, and we were not given the room view that we had requested. I guess it was still considered a premium level which we had paid for, but kind of a bummer to be looking at the pool, and not downtown Disney, when we had been told on the phone we would likely be able to get that view since we planned to check in at the crack of dawn. In my opinion, they should add an additional room category that is specifically the high level rooms (non concierge) facing downtown Disney. I just don't think that looking at the pool is worthy of the price they charge for a premium level room, but to have a shot at downtown Disney you have to pay for that level and hope for the best. Just my opinion though ;).

Overall a nice stay at the hotel. Very convenient for coming and going before and after the 10K and half marathon!

Flipflops or sandals would be good for rainy days. Or if you're like me, and hate them, just make sure to have a second pair of shoes on hand for when the rain clears up. That way you don't spend the evening blow drying your shoes in the hotel room. Ha!

I don't like wet feet so I'll bring my rain boots juuuust in case. ;)

Just an FYI :

Disneyland Hotel Monorail Pool: Closed through February 8 for refurbishment.
Grand Californian Hotel – Storytellers Cafe: Closed through February 6 for refurbishment.
Grand Californian Hotel – Mickey Pool: Closed through January 21 for refurbishment.
Grand Californian Hotel – Redwood Pool: Closed through February 3 for refurbishment.
Grand Californian Hotel – Mariposa Pool: Closed February 4-6 for refurbishment.
Grand Californian Hotel – Mariposa Spa: Closed February 9-11 for refurbishment.

As posted on Micechat blog - the Disneyland Monorail pool will be closed until approximately February 6th.

I did call the hotel directly and they gave an estimated completion date of early February 5th or 6th as of this time. She did state that it would depend on how quickly they can complete the work.

I definitely can understand the frustration of it though as it did appear last minute and as many guests do resort days or half days it can put a damper on plans.

Thankfully the E ticket and D ticket pools will remain open at the Disneyland Hotel.

This thread also has some more information and discussion : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3372168

Well, thanks to the California Department of Public Health announcement earlier this week, our trip next weekend has now been reduced to just my husband and I and we'll re-plan the weekend with the whole family at a later date. Fortunately, we did not incur any cancellation costs. Our PhotoPass+ will be used when we finally all go together.

My husband and I are going to go and have a leisurely visit just the two of us :) We'll take pictures of all the things going on that we can see and then when we go back in May (17th to the 20th) what changes were made :)

OMG I am absolutely in LOVE with the DLH! It was awesome!! The monorail pool was closed, so we will have to find a way to stay there again some day.

We had a fantastic trip with many "firsts". I got the pleasure of introducing my daughter's best friend to a character breakfast. We did Minnie's and it was fabulous. I'm glad I gave it a second chance. The characters were amazing!

The girls got so much attention in their Anna and Elsa costumes. It helped that they fit the bill to a T. They were so cute prancing around all dressed up. The CM at the entrance even asked for their autographs.

What a great trip. I am so excited to plan our next trip, which will be at Easter. (Unless I win the lottery and can go back sooner!) hahahaha

OMG I am absolutely in LOVE with the DLH! It was awesome!! The monorail pool was closed, so we will have to find a way to stay there again some day. We had a fantastic trip with many "firsts". I got the pleasure of introducing my daughter's best friend to a character breakfast. We did Minnie's and it was fabulous. I'm glad I gave it a second chance. The characters were amazing! The girls got so much attention in their Anna and Elsa costumes. It helped that they fit the bill to a T. They were so cute prancing around all dressed up. The CM at the entrance even asked for their autographs. What a great trip. I am so excited to plan our next trip, which will be at Easter. (Unless I win the lottery and can go back sooner!) hahahaha

Where did you all stay in the DLH? We think we're going to stay there at this time next year, so that's good to hear!

Checked into the DLH premium view room category yesterday and have an amazing room , think we definitely got some pixie dust !

We were granted our request of adventure tower in an odd numbered room. I was pretty sure this meant DTD side which I wanted anyway but didn't request because I didn't want to be too specific. When we got to our room it was a double door that required our room key - oh that's interesting I thought. Then when we opened that double door there were two rooms right next to each other ( but separate numbered) - It dawned on me this must be used a 2 bedroom suite because the outer double doors are secured by room key only , yet two separate doors for separate rooms but could be used as a "hallway".

When the bellman came up I asked him out of curiosity and he confirmed what I thought. It appears no one needed the 2 bedroom suite so both rooms were sold separate. The room is a corner room and very large!
One king bed ( which is perfect for us) , closet space is deceptively large and has a chair (that could be used as a pullout if needed) , desk , and another sitting chair as well.

Then there is the view..let's just say I am loving it. It's "only" the 8th floor but it's perfect. You can definitely hear the music from DTD so light sleepers may not enjoy it but I love it. You can see DTD , Matterhorn , Splash ,BTMRR ( top of it) to the left , and DCA/Screamin , ToT , Mickey's Fun wheel to the right. Out of the corner window I can see the big sorcerer hat at the entrance of DLH.

I'm officially spoiled by this room but grateful for the awesomeness. Typing this from the room , looking out to see the Disneyland attractions is such an awesome feeling. Crowds have been pretty low -RSR was 5 minute single rider this morning , RSR fastpass were still available for 8-9pm yesterday around 1:30pm and we got a IASW boat all to ourselves last night it was so slow. It's been amazing.

Pics below :

Downtown Disney view from room

2469b48.jpg

DCA view to right from room

2qjy6nn.jpg

View of Disneyland/Matterhorn to left (zoomed in)

rjgorc.jpg

Wide view of Matterhorn from room

fmqf0m.jpg

Where did you all stay in the DLH? We think we're going to stay there at this time next year, so that's good to hear!

We were in the Fantasy Tower overlooking the pool. It was an accessible room on the second floor.

I want that headboard in my room at home!

Hoping someone there at parks can post an updated pic of covered castle? Trying to see if they update the brown tarp to a painted one? :upsidedow

No photo but it was plain old brown yesterday.....it's only just gone up so it might not change all that quickly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter