*********OFFICIAL January 2015 Thread - COME CHECK IN!!! ***************

204charity

DIS Veteran
Helpful Links:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072276
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab
http://www.mouseplanet.com/10856/Disneyland_Resort_Update]

Please reply with your dates of travel and I will add you to the list! Hope to get a good crowd going so we can all start sharing tips and plans with one another and get the excitement building just a bit more!! (Cause we all need that right?)

List of Travellers:

January 1
She Taz, Jan 1-7, HoJo
January 2
MyGirlsRock, Jan 2-13
jennynwdw, Jan 2-9, Park Vue Inn

January 3
wdwfan22, Jan 3-13, Tropicana
January 4
DVCTigger, Jan 4-Jan 9, GCV
lorijohnhill, Jan 4-11, PPH

January 5
Excited much, Jan 5-11, HoJo
branmuffin, Jan 5-8, DLH

January 6
January 7
travelbug08, Jan 7-13, DLH
January 8

crazyventures, Jan 8-11, DLH
Halloweenqueen, Jan 8-11, DLH
karri868, Jan 8-12, Fairfield Inn

January 9
GoofyDaDude, Jan 9-17, Dolphins Cove
KrisBars, Jan 9-13, GCH

January 10
pattyduke, Jan 10-14
January 11
roflclaw, Jan 11-16, Split-stay, La Quinta & DLH
LV Disney Fan(atic), Jan 11-15, GCH

January 12
January 13
January 14
JayCee, Jan 14-17
moose615, Jan 14-19, GCH

January 15
bellrae, Jan 15-19, GCH
hipporina, Jan 15-20, BW PP

January 16
January 17
January 18
January 19
204charity,Jan 19-22, DLH
kprincesskate, Jan 19-22, BWPPI

January 20
ScrtSolstice, Jan 20-25
January 21
sweetpee_1993, Jan 21-25, GCH
January 22
January 23
8lavesmickey, Jan 23-26, GCH
January 24
farmfresh, Jan 24-27, DLH
January 25
talentedmummy, Jan 25-29, PPH
blossom64, Jan 25-30, GCH

January 26
January 27
AndreAggie, Jan 27-30, Springhill Suites
mt_mommy, Jan 27- Feb 1, GCH

January 28
January 29
PoohBearFriends,Jan 29-Feb 2, PPH
January 30
CruzTerri, Jan 30-Feb1, BWPP
January 31
CdnCarrie, Jan 31-Feb 4,

We are going to San Clemente, California in January for 10 nights, planning on staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel for 3 nights and getting a 3 day park-hopper pass to the parks for Jan 20-22. Hoping that these will be good days for crowds since MLK day will be passed, and it's mid-week. :thumbsup2

And your trip is after Star Wars 1/2 weekend so that def should help with crowds.

And your trip is after Star Wars 1/2 weekend so that def should help with crowds.

Whew! When we picked our parks days, we didn't even know it was MLK day on Monday the 19. We were originally planning to start our Disney Days THAT day! Then a fellow dis-er reminded me (I'm Canadian and not that familiar with US holidays) and we quickly changed our plans!! :thumbsup2

We are headed there Jan 1-7. There will be the three of us: DH, DD (9yrs) and myself. It's a Christmas present for our daughter. I've made a puzzle as one of her gifts saying "We're celebrating New Year's at the Happiest Place on Earth." Can't wait until she opens it up. Staying at the HoJo.

We are headed there Jan 1-7. There will be the three of us: DH, DD (9yrs) and myself. It's a Christmas present for our daughter. I've made a puzzle as one of her gifts saying "We're celebrating New Year's at the Happiest Place on Earth." Can't wait until she opens it up. Staying at the HoJo.

Welcome SheTaz! Awesome on the puzzle! I'd love to see a picture of that. Our kids know we are going, for most of the trip we will be staying with family in San Clemente for FREE, but during our time at DL, we wanted to immerse ourselves in the magic and are going to stay at a hotel either on-site or near by. Have you stayed at the HoJo before? It was/is on our short list - but I really am accustomed to staying a 4 or 5 star hotels, and I seriously do NOT want to be dissapointed! We are leaning towards a splurge at PP, but again, just not 100% sure. Thoughts? :confused3

We will be going Jan 29- Feb 2. Staying at Paradise Pier

PoohBearFriends - you have stayed at PP before? We need someone to help us decide!! We are thinking PP or the BWPVP or the HoJo. PP would cost us just over $1000 cdn for 3 nights, whereas the others would be less than $500 for the 3 nights. Worth it? HELP!!! :confused3

Hello! We extended our dates by a night and will be at Desert Inn and Suites from the 17th- 22nd!

Woohoo!

DBF and I are going the 11-16th. We're doing a split stay between 2 nights at the La Quinta and then moving to 3 nights at DLH! It'll be our first stay onsite and we're both reeeeeeeally excited.

Welcome SheTaz! Awesome on the puzzle! I'd love to see a picture of that. Our kids know we are going, for most of the trip we will be staying with family in San Clemente for FREE, but during our time at DL, we wanted to immerse ourselves in the magic and are going to stay at a hotel either on-site or near by. Have you stayed at the HoJo before? It was/is on our short list - but I really am accustomed to staying a 4 or 5 star hotels, and I seriously do NOT want to be dissapointed! We are leaning towards a splurge at PP, but again, just not 100% sure. Thoughts? :confused3
We've stayed at the PPH, DLH and the HoJo. They all have their pluses and minuses. We have the kids suite booked at the HoJo. It consists of two attached rooms with a king size bed for the hubby and I in one room and bunk beds and a pull out couch in the other. Plenty of room and only 159$ a night with the CAA rate. Good price for the holidays. Plus the DD loves their water park. The rooms are nice and the staff very helpful. It only takes us 10 mins to walk to DL. Downsize no restaurant but with a fridge and microwave in the room we just buy groceries and eat breakfast before we go.
Really liked the PPH. The last time we went we had a Premium view Concierge room. The room was quite large and we had an awesome view of WOC at DCA. Would have stayed again but at 398$ a night we just couldn't justify it. Especially with the exchange rate. Last time we got 25% off with CAA. If another deal comes around like that for our trip in Oct 2015 we will probably jump on it.

Love it! So excited that we are getting a great group going here! She Taz - you didn't help me at all!!! Now they all sound great! LOL

Welcome to the group Halloweenqueen & roflclaw!!!

Booked at the Grand Californian January 23 - 26 for a girls' weekend (or actually a weekend plus a Friday and a Monday!). Been a while since I've stayed at the Grand, but I got an AP deal and splitting it with friends makes it do-able. Hoping for some winter sunshine and lower lines than we had in August :).::MinnieMo

Woohoo!

DBF and I are going the 11-16th. We're doing a split stay between 2 nights at the La Quinta and then moving to 3 nights at DLH! It'll be our first stay onsite and we're both reeeeeeeally excited.

Have a blast! I absolutely LOVE the Disneyland Hotel -- beware of getting spoiled by living in the magic! Don't forget to go to Trader Sam's (by the pool) for a beverage and/or snack. It's amazing!

Myself and my 19 yr old daughter will be there from Jan 3 - 12. We will be staying at the Tropicana. She has been to DW 6 times, but just DL once when she was about 8, and doesn't really remember much about DL. I'm taking her to try and share my love for the park I grew up going to and show her how special DLR is.

I'm was thinking the crowds would die down after the 5th, but now I'm getting a little nervous through because I just read another thread that LA schools are off til the 12th. Does that mean the parks will be slammed the whole time? I know we can still have a great time regardless, but I just don't want her first impresstion to be of high level crowds the whole time.

Hi all! We will be there Jan 2-9. It will be me, my hubby and our 2 boys (5&8). We have never been to DL as a family. We have been to WDW several times though. We are excited for this adventure. We booked a room at the Park Vue Inn. I've never stayed there but I have read many many great reviews. I hope I'm not let down. We plan on 5 day park hoppers. January is just around the corner by its going to take forever to get here!! 81 more days!

We will be there Jan 25-29th, staying at PPH. Our DD will celebrate her 3rd birthday at DL. We went same week last year and she still talks about it, can't wait to surprise her and her brother (6) with this trip.

PoohBearFriends - you have stayed at PP before? We need someone to help us decide!! We are thinking PP or the BWPVP or the HoJo. PP would cost us just over $1000 cdn for 3 nights, whereas the others would be less than $500 for the 3 nights. Worth it? HELP!!! :confused3

We have not stayed at PP. I thought we would give it a try. We have stayed at DLH last 2 x. Very nice to ne immersed in Disney experience.

We have stayed at Tropicana and Faifield Inn a few times. Both were nice hotels and cheaper with 1 day free discounts we got those years.

But I really liked being immersed. Different feel staying on Harbor.

Welcome to the group 8lovesmickey, wdwfan22, jennynwdw & talentedmummy!!!

Feels like January is forever and a day away......wish we were there now!!! Doesn't help that my 7 year old is in Florida RIGHT NOW on his way to WDW for a day at the MK and the MNSSHP!!!

I hear you about it being forever. Keeping it secret from my daughter is killing me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter