***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Now I am curious - I can't remember out exact dates, I am going to investigate...

OK - so tell me how I can write a TR and not put any dates in it??? Kinda important. :lmao: OK - so thinking really hard here - I *think* we were there Jan 16-25, 2016??? Pretty sure...

I thought the exact same thing!!! I thought - "I am a hearty Minnesotan!!! ROAR!!!!" And then - by the end of the trip, this is how I was dressing... :lmao: The layers I had on were comical... Tank top, tee shirt, long sleeved tee shirt, fleece jacket and finally the sweatshirt... And believe me, when I go to Disney - I PLAN my outfits to a T... This was not part of my plan. ::yes:: (The sweatshirts weren't even ours!)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7587266982.jpg

At one point - I had the blue sweatshirt on as a scarf... :lmao:

20160123_195817.jpg

Literally - I just wanted to get back home and to be WARM... LOL I was so disappointed in myself.

So, this time... Let's just say that my outfit planning is taking a MUCH different course... And it does include a light down jacket, gloves... :scratchin

D~
Now I am curious - I can't remember out exact dates, I am going to investigate...

OK - so tell me how I can write a TR and not put any dates in it??? Kinda important. :lmao: OK - so thinking really hard here - I *think* we were there Jan 16-25, 2016??? Pretty sure...

I thought the exact same thing!!! I thought - "I am a hearty Minnesotan!!! ROAR!!!!" And then - by the end of the trip, this is how I was dressing... :lmao: The layers I had on were comical... Tank top, tee shirt, long sleeved tee shirt, fleece jacket and finally the sweatshirt... And believe me, when I go to Disney - I PLAN my outfits to a T... This was not part of my plan. ::yes:: (The sweatshirts weren't even ours!)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7587266982.jpg

At one point - I had the blue sweatshirt on as a scarf... :lmao:

20160123_195817.jpg

Literally - I just wanted to get back home and to be WARM... LOL I was so disappointed in myself.

So, this time... Let's just say that my outfit planning is taking a MUCH different course... And it does include a light down jacket, gloves... :scratchin

D~
We were there January 23-30. I think we had one day where we wore shorts, but then it rained most of the day. I will be much better prepared on the packing front this time! Packable down jackets for everyone...

We were there January 23-30. I think we had one day where we wore shorts, but then it rained most of the day. I will be much better prepared on the packing front this time! Packable down jackets for everyone...

We were there as well 1/13-/1/24 of 2016 and froze...so many pics with our winter hats on from when we left Boston. Hoping for much better weather this time.

We were there as well 1/13-/1/24 of 2016 and froze...so many pics with our winter hats on from when we left Boston. Hoping for much better weather this time.

Looks like many of us were there at the same time. :)

D~

Oh no I've been telling everyone at work I'm off for some winter sun - but with these weather predictions think I might need to book a spray tan for when I get back lol. :rotfl:

Play, stay and dine discount applied! :cool1: Now I can start tinkering with my park plans instead of obsessively waiting for that to drop ;)

I am on hold right now to try to apply the Play, stay and dine discount to my reservation. Unfortunately it isn't offered at my resort so I will have to switch resorts if I go for that. We LOVE POFQ and it's the only resort we've ever been to so switching to Riverside makes me a bit nervous. If it's a significant discount though I will switch for sure. There is also the Fun-filled escape discount which would give us 10% off POFQ which I guess it's better than nothing! I will see what the cast member says. :)

So looks like since I already purchased my park tickets last May when Disney had the Canadian discounted tickets offer (so they are actually vouchers), I'm unable to get the Play, Stay and Dine discount since park tickets need to be purchased for this at the same time. :(

Does this make sense? I spoke to a cast member yesterday who said that there were no rooms left at POR for the Play, Stay and Dine package and never mentioned anything about me not being able to apply it to my reservation. I called back this morning since I noticed a Royal Room currently available now and the cast member said she couldn't do it without adding tickets to the package. I did get another Canadian room discount that saved me about $250US and I get to stay at our favourite resort which is certainly better than nothing, but I feel like the Play, Stay and Dine would have been a much better deal for me.

Oh well. I guess with the ticket discount and the new additional discount I didn't do too badly in the end.

With the discounts released, I switched to Port Orleans, Riverside in a Royal Room! yay!! The girls are going to love it!!! We stayed at Riverside on our first WDW vacation and while we wanted to try something new, it was an easy switch to what we know and love.

Sorry BurTam, my post now looks really insensitive. I think we were posting at the same time. I am sorry the change didn't work out.

Hi All! I just found this thread! We're doing a 4 night cruise (our first ever!) followed by 4 nights at WDW staying at WL! This will be our second trip to WDW. We were also there in early January 2016. I agree it was chilly those days - we only had one day that was warm enough to use the pool - but we're from Northern NY so the cold didn't bother us. Even though we're only going to WDW for 4 days, I'm struggling to plan this trip. First, I had my heart set on the Cirque du Soleil show, but we'll miss it by less than 2 weeks. Then, I really wanted to do the 7 hour Star Wars tour at HS - but now they've changed it so that's out. But, we're still super excited to finally be going back!!

LOL. No worries Megan! I just redid the calculations and it looks like I'm still way ahead by sticking with my current reservation then if I switched to the Play, Stay and Dine package so all is good. :) As much as I think my girls would have loved the Royal Rooms at POR, we have a special place in our hearts for POFQ and I think my girls would have been a little disappointed if we weren't staying there again. So win win!

We were able to get AKL for only a few hundred more than LM at AOA with the Visa discount today! I had to call to have them apply it.
That sounds amazing! I know my TA applied a discount, but what is the Visa offer? I'm intrigued and I'm not sure she remembers I have the Disney Chase Visa!!

that is perfect, actually, since I'm going solo in 17 days ( !!! :cool1:) and going to upgrade to an AP...which means our family plans have to be swapped over to room only anyway! Thank you for the answer!

We are official!!!

POFQ booked for 1/20–1/27!

It will be me, my 15 yo daughter and 14 yo son!

:yay:

We are official!!!

POFQ booked for 1/20–1/27!

It will be me, my 15 yo daughter and 14 yo son!

Yay party: congrats on booking your trip, I have added you to the roll call.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter