***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Hi all! Officially headed to Disney in January (1st - 6th)! Because of a school construction project, our district has an extra week off at the holidays this year - a family friend and I were talking about it and thought - what is better to do with an extra week off then head to Disney?! We both (and our kids) are huge Disney fans, but we've never taken a trip together...it is sure to be an adventure!

We are both giving the kids the trip to Disney as a Christmas present (so a surprise!), but it will really be two surprises - one Christmas morning and then again when they see each other at the airport (they won't see each other between Christmas and January 1st). They are going to LOSE THEIR MINDS! My DD is an only-child, so being at Disney with some kids her age will be a first. We joked that we better call ahead and warn the airport that there could be a lot of squealing from those kids when they see each other.

For Christmas morning I already know I'm going to get DD a suitcase and pack it with stuff for the trip as her present. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how we should go about surprising the kids at the airport with the news that we are going together? We are definitely going to video their reactions!

I'm also preparing myself for the crowds - I think we have good touring plans - but anyone else have advice for that time of year that is different than other times (e.g. I know rope drop and use FP+ effectively - but anything else you would suggest)? Thanks!!

So fun! I love this! My best friend and I went together with our families on a surprise trip years ago. Our boys are the same age and also best friends. It was such awesome time for us all to do Disney together! (The boys had been before, just not together.) You will have a great time.

So fun! I love this! My best friend and I went together with our families on a surprise trip years ago. Our boys are the same age and also best friends. It was such awesome time for us all to do Disney together! (The boys had been before, just not together.) You will have a great time.

How great! Yes my daughter is 9 and they have a 9 year old and an 8 year old daughter...and an almost 2 year old son. The girls are really close, so I know they will have a blast!

I am officially booked! Staying at Art of Animation 01/17-01/24 with my husband and two daughters (7 and 2). I am so excited!!

Those are the same exact dates at AOA as my family, it is going to be my wife and DD2. Maybe we will see each other there!

Great news on the Disney After Hours. I never though that it was going to be during our trip so i am very excited. I have only heard great things about it so i know it is worth it. here is my dilemma.

It is myself, my DW, and our DD2 going on this trip. My DD will not be able to stay awake that late so it is out of the question for all of us to do after hours. My wife likes Disney but is no where near obsessed with it. I have already put the bug in her ear that i might want to go to EMH while they are sleeping and she seemed like it might be ok. I mentioned after hours to her and she didn't seem interested at all. Is it bad if I go by myself?

Girls only trip January 18-23!!! Just my mom, my mother in law, my sister in law, and I! Staying at Poly and we have our Disney After Hours tickets all ready to go! Oh, and we'll be there for my 38th birthday on January 22nd!!! I haven't stayed at Poly since 1984 so this will be a great treat!

Yay on your girly :bday: trip - and definitely 1980 was the best year to be born in (I'm 38 in April)

I have added your trip to the roll call and so glad you got your after hours tickets :thumbsup2 and I hope you have a super fun trip.

The Poly is definitely on my Disney Hotel list; although to be fair most of the hotel are on my list lol :rotfl:

Hi all! Officially headed to Disney in January (1st - 6th)! Because of a school construction project, our district has an extra week off at the holidays this year - a family friend and I were talking about it and thought - what is better to do with an extra week off then head to Disney?! We both (and our kids) are huge Disney fans, but we've never taken a trip together...it is sure to be an adventure!

We are both giving the kids the trip to Disney as a Christmas present (so a surprise!), but it will really be two surprises - one Christmas morning and then again when they see each other at the airport (they won't see each other between Christmas and January 1st). They are going to LOSE THEIR MINDS! My DD is an only-child, so being at Disney with some kids her age will be a first. We joked that we better call ahead and warn the airport that there could be a lot of squealing from those kids when they see each other.

For Christmas morning I already know I'm going to get DD a suitcase and pack it with stuff for the trip as her present. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how we should go about surprising the kids at the airport with the news that we are going together? We are definitely going to video their reactions!

I'm also preparing myself for the crowds - I think we have good touring plans - but anyone else have advice for that time of year that is different than other times (e.g. I know rope drop and use FP+ effectively - but anything else you would suggest)? Thanks!!

Yay on the trip and double yay on the Christmas surprise :santa: there are going to be a lot of lucky children - Although Santa might get the credit for all your hard work; well the man does work on Christmas so I suppose he does deserve a little something back lol :rotfl:

It going to be so nice travel with friends as they all have so much fun.
Well I hope you have a fantastic trip and the other airport passengers aren't to deafen by the squeals :rotfl2: and I have added your trip to the roll call.

It is myself, my DW, and our DD2 going on this trip. My DD will not be able to stay awake that late so it is out of the question for all of us to do after hours. My wife likes Disney but is no where near obsessed with it. I have already put the bug in her ear that i might want to go to EMH while they are sleeping and she seemed like it might be ok. I mentioned after hours to her and she didn't seem interested at all. Is it bad if I go by myself?

If your wife okay about it (and really okay and not like when I tell my DH I'm okay and I'm not; and then get angry him as he thinks I'm okay lol :rotfl:) I say go as it looks like such a fun experience.

Also you can get through all the rides you want to go on then when your back at MK with the family focus on the rides your DW and DD want to do.

If your wife okay about it (and really okay and not like when I tell my DH I'm okay and I'm not; and then get angry him as he thinks I'm okay lol :rotfl:) I say go as it looks like such a fun experience.

Also you can get through all the rides you want to go on then when your back at MK with the family focus on the rides your DW and DD want to do.

That is exactly what i am thinking while trying to decide on this. I know she will say its fine, i am just worried about if it really is or not lol. I will keep putting the idea in her head and see if one day she is more into it lol. I completely agree with the rides as well, because there will be many that we cannot do with our DD that i would like to do and would rather do this than rider swapping in the day time.

Does anyone know how quickly the after hours usually sells out? I am thinking it might not go that fast since it is in the slow time of year but maybe i am wrong

That is exactly what i am thinking while trying to decide on this. I know she will say its fine, i am just worried about if it really is or not lol. I will keep putting the idea in her head and see if one day she is more into it lol. I completely agree with the rides as well, because there will be many that we cannot do with our DD that i would like to do and would rather do this than rider swapping in the day time.

Does anyone know how quickly the after hours usually sells out? I am thinking it might not go that fast since it is in the slow time of year but maybe i am wrong

Im pretty sure the last time tickets were offered they sold very few to the point they gave them away to DVC members for FREE...so i'd say chances are they won't sell out.

Im pretty sure the last time tickets were offered they sold very few to the point they gave them away to DVC members for FREE...so i'd say chances are they won't sell out.

That is good, that gives me time to convince her before i buy the ticket.

How many others are gifting this trip for the holidays? I am going to tell them about the trip in early December and then give them more details throughout the month. Anyone have a unique countdown they use? I am planning on gifting the countdown when I tell them.

Hmm I was just looking at the Disney Parks and Hours schedule for when I'm away, in a vain hope that they will have the ROL or SW info.

They don't, although I did notice that they put up the Festival of the Arts days and hours.

Now from the information they released the other week (and it still says it on the FOTA web page) it's now 7 days a week. Although when I looked there were no hours for it on the 16/17/18 or 23/24/25 and 30/31/1 - Now I am sure this is just an error and they are putting in the dates and time for last year.

Someone in the web team probably didn't get the memo, but I do find that slightly slap dash as the hours weren't there last week.

Meaning these hours were put out after they made the announcement, so they should be able to factor in the changes. Oh and while they're at it give me ROL and SW times :rotfl:

If you've been thinking about booking the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party at EPCOT for your January trip, it's time to do so. The January dates opened up for booking last night.

Joining in! We're split-month, so 2 new threads to watch ! :lovestruc Dates are 27Jan-03Feb first stay at AoA Cars Suite!! Cast: DH, me, DS12, DS8, DD6, DS4, DD2 !! (Only shot at a family suite, we're SO taking it!)

Im currently looking at booking 1/6-12th but trying to find somebody to come with me. Might go solo. Still not sure...

Joining in! We're split-month, so 2 new threads to watch ! :lovestruc Dates are 27Jan-03Feb first stay at AoA Cars Suite!! Cast: DH, me, DS12, DS8, DD6, DS4, DD2 !! (Only shot at a family suite, we're SO taking it!

:welcome:to the Jan (and Feb) travelers, I have added your trip to the roll Call.

So glad you managed to get a room big enough so the whole family can be together :grouphug: I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time, say hi to Mater for me lol :thumbsup2

Im currently looking at booking 1/6-12th but trying to find somebody to come with me. Might go solo. Still not sure..

I say go for it, even if it's a solo trip as that means you can just do the Disney Stuff you like to do and have a "totally you" holiday.

On my trip I'm getting one day when the rest of the Family are visiting Kennedy and I can't wait I have a list of thing I wanna do solo.

I would love a solo trip for a few days but coming from the UK it would be pricey and I don't think the rest of the family would be happy if I spent most of our annual holiday budget on myself lol :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!