***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Hi everyone!!! :)

We are here for another January trip! We froze our tooshies off in 2016, and now we are preparing for one of our last "Epic Girls Trips" - now that my girls are officially adults. :eek:

I have links to all of our previous trips - and Trip Reports to correspond if you all are bored and interested in reading. :) Some of them are quite lengthy. And if you want to hear about this MN girl not being able to tolerate the FL January cold - I'll point you specifically to my January 2016 TR. :lmao:

First question - is there a private FB group for us yet??? I always find these month specific groups to be so helpful when they are instantaneous on FB. :) I tried to look through this thread this morning, but The Dis is being a little funky for me today. :scratchin

Looking forward to getting to know you all - I see a few familiar faces here - happy to see some old friends braving January with me. ::yes::

D~

I will have to check out your PTR! When in January are you going?

Oh and to answer your question I do not know if there is a group on FB for us but I would be happy to join if there is :)

I will have to check out your PTR! When in January are you going?

Oh and to answer your question I do not know if there is a group on FB for us but I would be happy to join if there is :)

Awesome! :lovestruc I'd love to have you following along! :)

Sadly - due to an incident that occurred a few years ago, I no longer give out my actual trip dates on The Dis. :) On a previous trip, my girls and I were being "stalked" while we were in Florida - to the point where I was starting to feel very uncomfortable - which led to me to re-do our entire trip on the fly... It was no fun and quite scary. :) Which makes doing a PTR a little bit - um - complicated, LOL... But I've managed to pull it off now for several trips and everyone that follows along understands. :)

Hmmmm... Maybe I'll start a FB group if there isn't one already? :) I'll wait to see if anyone else has any other info. :)

D~

Hmmmm... Maybe I'll start a FB group if there isn't one already? :) I'll wait to see if anyone else has any other info. :)

I don't think there is a FB group so it would be great if you wanted to start one - as I am not the greatest FB user - I'm more a twitter girl.

Also now hoping it's not as cold as your Jan 16 trip as I'm looking forward to a bit of winter warmth, as I'll be coming from the cold UK winter.

Sadly - due to an incident that occurred a few years ago, I no longer give out my actual trip dates on The Dis. :) On a previous trip, my girls and I were being "stalked" while we were in Florida - to the point where I was starting to feel very uncomfortable - which led to me to re-do our entire trip on the fly... It was no fun and quite scary. :) Which makes doing a PTR a little bit - um - complicated, LOL... But I've managed to pull it off now for several trips and everyone that follows along understands. :)

D~

I'm in a January 2018 group on FB, but I have no idea who started it.

D~
Yikes, well I can understand not wanting to share info! If you start a group can you PM the link?

I'm in a January 2018 group on FB, but I have no idea who started it.
I am in a multi month group but not Jan. The only Jan one I saw was a TA group and she just has a group for every month and they usually aren't active. Is the one you are in pretty active?

Yikes, well I can understand not wanting to share info! If you start a group can you PM the link?

I am in a multi month group but not Jan. The only Jan one I saw was a TA group and she just has a group for every month and they usually aren't active. Is the one you are in pretty active?

It's not active at all. I'd love to join a new one!

I guess links for Facebook are not allowed on the Dis??? Sorry guys. I've edited my post to remove the link.

D~

Last edited:
Pretty sure we were
Hi everyone!!! :)

We are here for another January trip! We froze our tooshies off in 2016, and now we are preparing for one of our last "Epic Girls Trips" - now that my girls are officially adults. :eek:

I have links to all of our previous trips - and Trip Reports to correspond if you all are bored and interested in reading. :) Some of them are quite lengthy. And if you want to hear about this MN girl not being able to tolerate the FL January cold - I'll point you specifically to my January 2016 TR. :lmao:

First question - is there a private FB group for us yet??? I always find these month specific groups to be so helpful when they are instantaneous on FB. :) I tried to look through this thread this morning, but The Dis is being a little funky for me today. :scratchin

Looking forward to getting to know you all - I see a few familiar faces here - happy to see some old friends braving January with me. ::yes::

D~

Pretty sure we were there at the same time in 2016. Our first morning at MK it was 34 degrees. We are from Michigan, so we could handle it, but I think it was colder that day in Florida than it was in Michigan!

I guess links for Facebook are not allowed on the Dis??? Sorry guys. I've edited my post to remove the link.

D~
Are you allowed to PM them?

Pretty sure we were

Pretty sure we were there at the same time in 2016. Our first morning at MK it was 34 degrees. We are from Michigan, so we could handle it, but I think it was colder that day in Florida than it was in Michigan!
:scared:34! Fingers crossed it isn't that chilly this January lol But I guess you get a fairly unique experience that way!

As a Brit got really excited when I saw 34 degrees but then remembered America is Fahrenheit not Celsius lol - I did the calculation and that is pretty cold brrr!!!

But no I will not allow it, we must all think Sunny thoughts - Sunny - don't you be thinking about cold - Think only hot thoughts (weather hot, you naught people)

Last edited:
As a Brit got really excited when I saw 34 degrees but then remembered America is Fahrenheit not Celsius lol - I did the calculation and that is pretty cold brrr!!!

But no I will not allow it, we must all think Sunny thoughts - Sunny - don't you be thinking about cold - Think only hot thoughts (weather hot, you naught people)

It was very cold for Florida and I had not packed accordingly. The weatherman had not predicted it was going to be so cold. I think my boys and I wore the same pair of jeans all week. Luckily we had a couple pair of gloves from our trip to the airport, and 34 on vacation in Disney feels much warmer than 34 at work in Michigan. :)

Update: Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular times are up on the site.

Still not taking bookings for Dessert parties but I can see the times so I am super, super excited!!!!!!!!!! :darth::chewy::darth::chewy:

Although still no ROL :scared1:

Great! Thanks for the head's up. That's what happened with the Frozen dessert party. Dates opened and then a couple of days later, they were ready to be booked. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday, we will be able to book it.

We are also waiting on ROL! : ) If you see anything happen there, please let us know.

Something must be wrong on my end because I can't see any January dates for the Star Wars dessert party. Or maybe they briefly added them and then took them back down again? Or do you see a different site since you're in the UK, @k8Davies ? Regardless, the fact that you saw something is encouraging because it means somewhere someone is working on it! I think I'll pop over to Yulilin3's SW thread and see if there's any chatter about this.

@Twilight Sparkle apols if I wasn't clear meant they've put the SW fireworks dates and times up. No dessert party's yet.

But I'm hoping that means they are going up so soon, I'm going to be watch the threads closely.

Especially now as yesterday I paid off the balance of my trip (now officially poor lol) accommodation, flights, car and tickets all done, so now have a few months to save up for all the fab Disney things I'm gonna buy

@Twilight Sparkle apols if I wasn't clear meant they've put the SW fireworks dates and times up. No dessert party's yet.

But I'm hoping that means they are going up so soon, I'm going to be watch the threads closely.

Especially now as yesterday I paid off the balance of my trip (now officially poor lol) accommodation, flights, car and tickets all done, so now have a few months to save up for all the fab Disney things I'm gonna buy

Nope, totally my fault. I've had the party on my brain because that and the ROL dining package are the last two things I'm waiting to book. The wait is driving my crazy, so I'm reading way too much into any mention of SWaGS or ROL. Sorry about that!

Now I am curious - I can't remember out exact dates, I am going to investigate...

OK - so tell me how I can write a TR and not put any dates in it??? Kinda important. :lmao: OK - so thinking really hard here - I *think* we were there Jan 16-25, 2016??? Pretty sure...

It was very cold for Florida and I had not packed accordingly. The weatherman had not predicted it was going to be so cold. I think my boys and I wore the same pair of jeans all week. Luckily we had a couple pair of gloves from our trip to the airport, and 34 on vacation in Disney feels much warmer than 34 at work in Michigan. :)

I thought the exact same thing!!! I thought - "I am a hearty Minnesotan!!! ROAR!!!!" And then - by the end of the trip, this is how I was dressing... :lmao: The layers I had on were comical... Tank top, tee shirt, long sleeved tee shirt, fleece jacket and finally the sweatshirt... And believe me, when I go to Disney - I PLAN my outfits to a T... This was not part of my plan. ::yes:: (The sweatshirts weren't even ours!)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7587266982.jpg

At one point - I had the blue sweatshirt on as a scarf... :lmao:

20160123_195817.jpg

Literally - I just wanted to get back home and to be WARM... LOL I was so disappointed in myself.

So, this time... Let's just say that my outfit planning is taking a MUCH different course... And it does include a light down jacket, gloves... :scratchin

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter