OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

I've been trying to find find the answer to this question but haven't been able to. I am about to make my F! BB dining reservation and want to base it on the Fantasmic show time. We will be going on December 8 so I know that is considered the off season and F! will probably only show once a night. Does anyone have an estimate on when the show will start?
I am sure the 8th will be very busy. I would expect a Fantasmic! show at 9 and 1030.

I am sure the 8th will be very busy. I would expect a Fantasmic! show at 9 and 1030.

I agree. The 8th is not off season. It will also be very busy being the last Friday night the SoCal AP's can go. APs will flood the park at night. This means Fantasmic will run both shows. 9pm and 10:30pm are the usual times for these shows and I wouldn't expect them to deviate from these times.

RALPH BRENNAN'S GINGERBREAD WORKSHOP dates will be announced at the end of this month and tickets will go on sale in November. I will post as soon as I get more info.

Oh goodie! I put myself on their email list and they said they’d be sending out an email. I haven’t received anything yet. Where did you see that info? I am really hoping they offer it while we’re there!

I've been trying to find find the answer to this question but haven't been able to. I am about to make my F! BB dining reservation and want to base it on the Fantasmic show time. We will be going on December 8 so I know that is considered the off season and F! will probably only show once a night. Does anyone have an estimate on when the show will start?

Also just so you know, when you book the Fantasmic Dinner package at BB if you schedule it before 7 (or maybe 7:30) it will say "First Showing" meaning the 9 pm showing of Fantasmic. But I've spoken with multiple BB servers and people who have gone and they all say if you want the 10:30 show you can still request the tickets for the later time, just tell your server.

So we decided to do F! Dining package at Cafe Orleans (while RBT is closed) and use FPs for WOC. The Disneyland calendar shows WOC every night we are there, so we should be able to go on a Tuesday evening which hopefully will be a bit quieter. Not that it's really ever quiet anymore, haha. But I just couldn't quite come to terms with paying $80 for my 4 year old. Hopefully we don't regret our choice :)

We're also booked for CD at Plaza Inn and Goofy's Kitchen, I'm looking forward to that too!

With our last day being the first day of holidays in the parks, I'm most excited for the first day of IASW and the Christmas parade & fireworks. I'm so excited!! Less than a month for us! I'll try to talk lots of pictures that day of anything any of you all want to see :)

We are going Nov 16 - Nov 20 and staying at the Park Vue Inn. It will be my mom's first time to Disneyland since I was a baby, which yes, means that I must divulge that I am 45 years old! My dad, who was a huge Disney fan and considered Disney World one of his most favorite places on earth, passed away from cancer last December and so along with my kids, husband, and sister, we are hoping for a fun magical time showing my mom all the things I have come to appreciate about Disneyland (especially during the holidays!) now that I am a west coaster.

I saw the crowd calander a few pages back :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:. A friend and I are thinking of going (DL or Las vegas) for a few days the week of January 1st - adult only trip. We always have a blast at DL and Christmas decorations!:santa: Any thoughts on which would be the best days? I have fly back no later then that friday but we could do the parks for most of the day on friday. We don't have to do everything but it would be nice to be able to do a few rides and shows instead of just pretending to be a sardine. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Last edited:
I saw the crowd calander a few pages back :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:. A friend and I are thinking of going (DL or Las vegas) for a few days the week of January 1st - adult only trip. We always have a blast at DL and Christmas decorations!:santa: Any thoughts on which would be the best days? I have fly back no later then that friday but we could do the parks for most of the day on friday. We don't have to do everything but it would be nice to be able to do a few rides and shows instead of just pretending to be a sardine. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Im not saying these forecasters are perfect but check out:

http://www.isitpacked.com/disneyland-crowd-forecast-predictor-calendar/

For January it suggests 1st Jan as the day to go.

Based on the blockout dates at : https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

I would think the only date ok would be the 1st or 2nd January. From the 3rd the Delux passes are allowed back in so you will get an influx of AP's for the rest of the week especially after a few weeks of not being able to go.

I would also check https://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/crowd-calendar# in about a month. Right now it only goes up to the 10th December but keep an eye on it and it will give you another view point.

do any of the character dining restaurants do anything special for New years eve or the week leading up to it?

We arrive to DLR exactly 5 weeks from today! We will be at the parks on Thursday, Nov. 16 and Friday, Nov. 17. DLR at Christmas time is one of my most favorite places on earth and I can't wait to be there again. My family of 5 is trying out the Candy Cane Inn for the first time (we are regulars at HoJo Kids Suite). I'm watching this thread anxiously hoping to catch a glimpse of some snow on the castle and holiday treats before we arrive:santa:

Nope! Everything should still be in place for the holiday season. It's the 8th you'd have to worry about.
Are the resorts decorated as long as the parks? I went to Disneyland this past January around the 6th and 7th and while the parks were still decorated, the Grand Californian was not. A CM told me the other 2 resorts had already taken down the decorations too.

All the decorations will be up by the 10th. As they are taping the parade early you can expect at least main street and the castle to be up by the taping.
Thanks. That will be nice for the people arriving before the 10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter