OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

I would also check https://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/crowd-calendar# in about a month. Right now it only goes up to the 10th December but keep an eye on it and it will give you another view point.

Not sure if it's because I subscribe, but I can see the week of January 1st already and this is it: [edited: can't seem to paste a picture]

Monday, January 1: 7/10
Tuesday, January 2nd: 8/10
Wednesday, January 3rd: 9/10
Thursday, January 3rd: 9/10
Friday, January 5th: 8/10
Saturday, January 6th: 7/10
Sunday, January 7th:8/10

We went one year the first week of January in 2016 and it was pretty busy. Still doable, but quite busy.

Last edited:
We went one year the first week of January in 2016 and it was pretty busy. Still doable, but quite busy.
Any tips when going that first week?
I am still on the fence about going when it is so busy. I really want ot go and since we will have no children or elderly with us, I think we should be ok. We will be deciding this week.

Any tips when going that first week?
I am still on the fence about going when it is so busy. I really want ot go and since we will have no children or elderly with us, I think we should be ok. We will be deciding this week.

It's good that you've got no kids, etc. That will help. It was busy enough that I would get MaxPass. Early starts are essential - not sure if you are an early bird but I definitely would be that week and take advantage of rope drop. It was definitely less busy that it would have been a week or two earlier, but I remember thinking it was still pretty busy, so not for the extremely crowd averse.

Could you do Vegas and DL? We do a big loop that includes both and I love that.

Could you do Vegas and DL? We do a big loop that includes both and I love that

That would be fun but I don't have enough vacation time to do more than a couple of days. Maybe we will do both next year when I become an empty nester :-)yay: shhh!!) and have more time.

Thanks for the tips! I am an early riser so it won't be a problem for me and I think my friend is also but I will need to check. I am thinking of spurging for an onsite hotel so we can get into the parks early.

We will be there staying at the GCH from Dec 9 - Dec 13
I'm going!party:Can I add you to the list of crazy people who are going for the holidays!

Mommy2PrincessAbby...Nov.2-3

katiexlovesxdisney...Nov.3-11...

Malcon10T...Nov.9-12...

2wordsforyou...Nov.9-12...7

dolewhipdreams...Nov.15-16...

chttyangel...Nov.13-15...

nikerbokers...Nov.14-17...CCI

AnneUCSB...Nov.16-17...CCI

danceanddisney2010...Nov.16-20...GCH

calimama...Nov.16-20...PVI

Andrea0710...Nov.17-22

biochemgirl...Nov.18-23...

DisneyJamieCA...Nov.19-25...

Bossy22...Nov.12-20...

CandyMouse...Nov.21-24...

audrianna890...Nov.21-24...

Malcon10T...Nov.22-26...

Shellyred8...Nov.24-30

atisikitabasket...Nov.25-Dec.1...

lilsassymom...Nov.25-Dec.2...DH

Sparrow78...Nov.25-Dec.2...HoJo

disland7...Nov.26-Dec.1...GCV

mnmrmustard...Nov.26-Dec.1...Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Iwanthony...Nov.26-Dec.2...GCV

Rhebot...Nov.26-Dec.2...Hyatt House

catmegs..Nov.27-Dec.2...GCH

Our Aussie Six...Nov.27-Dec.3...Hyatt House

Elk Grove Chris...Nov.28-Dec.1...Grand Legacy

Disney Liz...Nov.28-Dec.4...GCV

Lolly&Rue...Nov.29-Dec.3...DLH

cinder-ellah...Nov.30-Dec.3...GCH

pattyduke34...DLH...Nov.30-Dec.5

JBF 1982.....Dec.1-3...BW Stovall's

Malcon10T...Dec.1-3...

Rainy Day Pixie...Dec.1-3...still climbing the hill!

mlnbabies...Dec.1-4...BWPPI

krispin41...Dec.1-4...DLH

chirurgeon...Dec.1-7...BWPPI

valiamo...Dec.1-7...

Malcolm10t...Dec.2-3...

scrapshappen...Dec.2-3...

amyg1975...Dec.2-4...

poppins2008...Dec.2-7...Camelot Inn

siskaren...Dec.2-8...Hilton Anaheim

blondietink...Dec.2-8...Camelot Inn

egritz...Dec.2-9...Tropicana or Desert Palms

Disney-&-Baseball...Dec.2-12...

Yusani...Dec.3-7...

Vettegirl...Dec.3-7...

Mintycake...Dec.3-9...

millie0312...Dec.3-14...

Dizme...Dec.4-7...GCH

NewbieMouse...Dec.4-8...BWPPI

bethannie203...Dec.4-8

Squeezle...Dec.4-9...First wedding anniversary!

Mickeybell...Dec.4-9...CCI

dec2009mama...Dec.5-9...

StephieLou...Dec.5-12...Hilton Anaheim

farmfresh...Dec.6-

DizneeRailFan62...Dec.6-10...Hilton Anaheim

DL_Forever...Dec.6-13...GCV

Forcingmagnolia...Dec.7-9

Kristie101...Dec.8-11...Hojo

haileymarie92...Dec.8-14...Getting Married Dec.9 in DTD!!!!❤

JeannieJay...Dec.9-12...Tropicana

nicolita3...Dec.9-12...PP

dcraythorn...Dec.9-12...ALO in Orange...celebrating 60 fabulous years!

jlhinvegas...Dec.11-14...

MaleficentRN...Dec.11-15...GCH....celebrating her 50th bday

ksunwb...Dec.12-17...Marriott

GenGen22...Dec.14-17...Embassy Suites Anaheim South

tiffjoy...Dec.15-17...CCI

rentayenta...Dec.15-17...GCV

jenbright...Dec.15-19...PPI

MacMama0930...Dec.16-19...GCH

Morningsun70...Dec.16-22...

Soccerluvinmama...Dec.17-19...

Disneymom20...Dec.17-28...

are you ready...Dec.19-21...

DizFan13...Dec.19-23...HOJO

Susie63...Dec.20-23 & Dec. 30-Jan.4...CCI... celebrating DH 50 & DD Sweet 16❤

Pyrotechnictigger...Dec.21-Jan.2...Hilton Anaheim

SDSUMom...Dec.22-29...

bandaidqueen...Dec.23-26...GCH

Canadian Harmony...Dec.23-30..DI&S

blue888...Dec.23-30...DLH

Mickey&JoshNut...Dec.24-27...PPH

PoohsFan1...Dec.24-Jan.1...DLH

katyringo...Dec.26-31...HOJO

jeepnjudy...Dec.26-Jan.2

o&smom...Dec.27-Jan.1...

uneekstylez...Dec.27-Jan.1

Piglet99645...Dec.28-Jan.3

MontanaFmly...Dec.29-Jan.1

mpadilla89...Dec.29-Jan.2...

ParkHopper1...Dec.30-Jan.1...Courtyard Anaheim

BandMom1...Jan.1-8...GCV

Dopey1980...Jan.2-5...

That would be fun but I don't have enough vacation time to do more than a couple of days. Maybe we will do both next year when I become an empty nester :-)yay: shhh!!) and have more time.

Thanks for the tips! I am an early riser so it won't be a problem for me and I think my friend is also but I will need to check. I am thinking of spurging for an onsite hotel so we can get into the parks early.

Fun! If I was choosing between splurging on an onsite hotel to get EMH vs. MaxPass, I'd choose MaxPass. But amazing if you could do both!

Not sure if it's because I subscribe, but I can see the week of January 1st already and this is it: [edited: can't seem to paste a picture]

Monday, January 1: 7/10
Tuesday, January 2nd: 8/10
Wednesday, January 3rd: 9/10
Thursday, January 3rd: 9/10
Friday, January 5th: 8/10
Saturday, January 6th: 7/10
Sunday, January 7th:8/10

Could I impose upon you to check what TP says for November 6-13? We have five day passes and were planning to go Tuesday - Friday and Sunday. Someone on this thread suggested Saturday instead of Sunday because of the AP blackouts. In order to see all the holiday entertainment, we would need to go Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Isitpacked says Thursday will be "alright" versus "packed" on Sunday. I am debating which day we should be doing (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday are for-sure).

Thanks so much!

Could I impose upon you to check what TP says for November 6-13? We have five day passes and were planning to go Tuesday - Friday and Sunday. Someone on this thread suggested Saturday instead of Sunday because of the AP blackouts. In order to see all the holiday entertainment, we would need to go Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Isitpacked says Thursday will be "alright" versus "packed" on Sunday. I am debating which day we should be doing (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday are for-sure).

Thanks so much!

Mon, November 6, 2017 4 out of 10

Tue, November 7, 2017 4 out of 10
Wed, November 8, 2017 3 out of 10
Thu, November 9, 2017 5 out of 10
Fri, November 10, 2017 7 out of 10
Sat, November 11, 2017 8 out of 10
Sun, November 12, 2017 6 out of 10
Mon, November 13, 2017 4 out of 10

Fun! If I was choosing between splurging on an onsite hotel to get EMH vs. MaxPass, I'd choose MaxPass. But amazing if you could do both!
Thanks! I am thinking of doing both. We have to discuss our vacation but I think if we could get to the parks early and use the MP, we could get a lot done. If we get tired of the crowds, we can head back to DTD and visit the other two hotels.

I'm super exited to be going to the Fan Double Feature Premier of Star Wars The Last Jedi on December 14th in Downtown Disney! Anyone else going?

Have a great time!! My DD16 is SW obsessed, I am going to have to try and find a way to divert her attention because I know she will want to go during opening weekend, little does she know we are planing on going to see it in DTD on one of our off days :goodvibes.

Thank you so much! It looks like Thursday would be better than Sunday, but not by much. I will have to weigh that against the extra holiday entertainment (it would mean having separate nights to do F! and the fireworks, as opposed to both on Friday).

Thanks again :)

I'm super exited to be going to the Fan Double Feature Premier of Star Wars The Last Jedi on December 14th in Downtown Disney! Anyone else going?

How do we plan for this?

ETA
never mind, I figured it out! I couldn’t do the 14th but I bought tickets for the 15th for my son and husband and my daughter and I will go do Ariela’s Grotto for late lunch/dinner!

Last edited:
So I just looked at the Christmas parade schedule once things switch to Holiday season. Just 1:00 and 3:30 most days. Some days just 3:30. Very disappointing they aren't doing an evening run of the parade with PTN still gone. It ran at night for years before, even with PTN running.

So I just looked at the Christmas parade schedule once things switch to Holiday season. Just 1:00 and 3:30 most days. Some days just 3:30. Very disappointing they aren't doing an evening run of the parade with PTN still gone. It ran at night for years before, even with PTN running.

I've been looking at the same thing. Makes no sense to me, but what do I know? I sure loved the night time run of the parade though. Something special about all the lights.

Still keeping my hopes up for garland..... :)

That's interesting because I've seen a video on YouTube of the parade that I love because it takes place as the sky is getting dark, but it seems like 3:30 would be a little early for that to be happening.

I noticed the parade was only during the day as well. So will it snow on Main Street during the daytime parades? I think I have only seen pictures of it snowing during the parade at night.

That's interesting because I've seen a video on YouTube of the parade that I love because it takes place as the sky is getting dark, but it seems like 3:30 would be a little early for that to be happening.
Check the date. It was probably from a prior year. Last year they only did daytime runs, except for the one day in mid-November when Small World was having a special event and altered the schedule. I know we saw it in 2013 and 2014 in the evening, and it really is a much more magical experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter