OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

I noticed the parade was only during the day as well. So will it snow on Main Street during the daytime parades? I think I have only seen pictures of it snowing during the parade at night.
Not at 1:00 or 3:30.

Always possible they add a night time parade as the Christmas season gets further in. Who knows. I am kind of ambivalent- like the nighttime parade- but without it, it will be kind of nice to not have Main Street clogged up from 1 pm thru the rest of the evening.
I like that thought. Way to emphasize the positives!

Check the date. It was probably from a prior year. Last year they only did daytime runs, except for the one day in mid-November when Small World was having a special event and altered the schedule. I know we saw it in 2013 and 2014 in the evening, and it really is a much more magical experience.

Yeah, I found the video and it's from 2015 and in the description he says that it started as the sun was setting - I would love to see it at that time of day!

Yeah, I found the video and it's from 2015 and in the description he says that it started as the sun was setting - I would love to see it at that time of day!

I need to look back at when it was last year, because while I know it started well before sunset, I do remember being able to stay in our seats after the parade and watch IASW light up, and I think it was only like a 15 min wait. It was actually nice timing. It must have been a 4:15 start or something.

ETA yep, it was 4:15. I can’t believe it’s even earlier...

If anyone is interested, the Holiday Tour is on sale.

I asked about details when I booked, but ther's not much in the system. The CM I spoke to wasn't even convinced that it had Parade Seating this year. All she could tell me for sure was that it was about 2 hours long. ;)

What days do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party traditionally happen? We are thinking about arriving in the afternoon on Monday, Dec. 11th. If the party is that night, then I don't want to purchase a park ticket for each of us, but, will purchase party tickets instead.

There are no Christmas parties in Disneyland.

Wait . . .what? I thought they had a Christmas party on certain evenings, just like MNSVSH? :worried: Did I imagine that? We were thinking we needed to wait to make other plans until we know which days the parties are on.

Wait . . .what? I thought they had a Christmas party on certain evenings, just like MNSVSH? :worried: Did I imagine that? We were thinking we needed to wait to make other plans until we know which days the parties are on.

No parties at DL or DCA. There have been hints about them but nothing this year. So plan away!!!!!

Always possible they add a night time parade as the Christmas season gets further in. Who knows. I am kind of ambivalent- like the nighttime parade- but without it, it will be kind of nice to not have Main Street clogged up from 1 pm thru the rest of the evening.

I really hope so. It’s just not the same watching a Christmas parade at a hot time of the afternoon, especially after seeing the MVMCP parade on the night at WDW.

Would love for PTN to come back this side of Christmas, I can’t stop wishing and hoping for that!

No parties at DL or DCA. There have been hints about them but nothing this year. So plan away!!!!!

I always get my hopes up about the rumours every single year :)

Ok all my new Disneyland friends (WDW girl here)... Just want to clarify, is there only 1 dessert party between the 2 parks? And only the 2 dinner packages (WOC and Fantasmic) or am I missing something? Trying to make sure I book some fun things for our trip and that 60 day window is opening soon.

Ok all my new Disneyland friends (WDW girl here)... Just want to clarify, is there only 1 dessert party between the 2 parks? And only the 2 dinner packages (WOC and Fantasmic) or am I missing something? Trying to make sure I book some fun things for our trip and that 60 day window is opening soon.
Just to note, the dessert party is for one of the same events that also has a dining package (WOC).

There's also a Frozen dining package, but many will tell you it's benefits are marginal.

They have done parade viewing packages in the past but nothing right now.

If anyone is interested, the Holiday Tour is on sale.

I asked about details when I booked, but ther's not much in the system. The CM I spoke to wasn't even convinced that it had Parade Seating this year. All she could tell me for sure was that it was about 2 hours long. ;)

If they haven’t put the rides back in this year AND they take the parade seating out, this tour has zero value. I wish they’d tell the CMs what’s going on before putting things live. I’ll be interested to hear what the tour includes this year.

If they haven’t put the rides back in this year AND they take the parade seating out, this tour has zero value. I wish they’d tell the CMs what’s going on before putting things live. I’ll be interested to hear what the tour includes this year.

I was calling internationally, so I admit I didn't press the matter further after she asked two people and then told me the Parade "should be included." I just couldn't imagine them taking the parade away too. If anyone gets more info please share. I'm still booked - boyfriend's parents insisted on buying it as a gift - but I won't be able to report before the evening of November 12.

Just to note, the dessert party is for one of the same events that also has a dining package (WOC).

There's also a Frozen dining package, but many will tell you it's benefits are marginal.

They have done parade viewing packages in the past but nothing right now.

Thank you for the reply...I was afraid I was missing a package!

No kidding! Last year was a snooze fest (sorry!) and the ONLY value, for me, were those parade seats. You’re right, without the rides or the seats, I don’t know how they’d get away for charging $85 or whatever it is to have someone walk around and spout off facts into your staticky earbud.

Did you have a seat? I thought they only offered a standing area. I may consider it if there is an actual chair involved.

Yes, a white folding chair. Comfortable enough. They faced IASW and they brought us a big gingerbread cookie and hot coco and our pin. It was really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!