Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

OK Everybody let's build excitement a little: What's the one (or more than one) character stop you would just find irresistible? No matter how long the line you would have to stop. Even if you were in danger of being swept. For me, maybe Maz Kanata? Or if they had an amazing Leia look-alike.

Chewie! And maybe Darth Vader (my mom has a Darth Vader obsession and she would like me to stop for him). :chewy::darth:

I have some questions I can't seem to find the answer to.....DH is running the 5, 10 and half. I purchased the spectator package for the half, but how do we get to the finish line from SSR? and will there be transportation to the finish for the 5 and 10? DH wants to know how long separates the corrals? He's trying to figure out about when he will start based on his corral. Thanks!!

:tiptoe:Hello to all of you runners! I think its wonderful! Maybe one day I'll be a runner! My question is what do you do after the half marathon on Sunday? I see the course ends in the Epcot parking lot. I'm sure you are exhausted! But, do you plan to visit Epcot Sunday (or part of the day) after the race? The reason I ask is because we have to opportunity to visit Epcot either Sunday or Monday & thought we'd visit on the least crowded day. Maybe everyone rests Sunday & then hits the parks again on Monday? Your advice/sharing of plans is appreciated. :thanks: I wish you all the best!
I go back to my resort and shower up. Then eat and for sure I always take a nap since I wake up at 130 am. Usually I hit the pool area then im off to a park. Besides my knee is usually stiff and I need to walk around.

For those that ran last year, did they hand out wet sponges at some point on the course? The biggest mistake I made during the marathon in January was tossing the sponge shortly after using it. I was going to bring one of those dri-towels if not. I’m not a huge fan of running in the heat so I’m just trying to be prepared.
I think after the race they did. I could swear I got a towel.

I have some questions I can't seem to find the answer to.....DH is running the 5, 10 and half. I purchased the spectator package for the half, but how do we get to the finish line from SSR? and will there be transportation to the finish for the 5 and 10? DH wants to know how long separates the corrals? He's trying to figure out about when he will start based on his corral. Thanks!!

Others can chime in here as well. I've never been a spectator, but the buses run from the resorts to the finish lines as well (for the 5k you may want to just bus on over with him). There is a list of times at this website https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/

As far as the corrals, I think figuring out what time he will start has become more difficult as they let off the lower corrals in waves (three for E and 9 for F during the Princess Half). If you sign up for run tracker, it will tell you exactly when he crosses the start line as well as give you updates at each 5k and a projected finish time.

Hope that's at least somewhat helpful.

Others can chime in here as well. I've never been a spectator, but the buses run from the resorts to the finish lines as well (for the 5k you may want to just bus on over with him). There is a list of times at this website https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/

As far as the corrals, I think figuring out what time he will start has become more difficult as they let off the lower corrals in waves (three for E and 9 for F during the Princess Half). If you sign up for run tracker, it will tell you exactly when he crosses the start line as well as give you updates at each 5k and a projected finish time.

Hope that's at least somewhat helpful.
Thank you. It was my husband that wondered how long between corrals. He is in E, so wondered if there was 5 min between them, or what. Thanks for your info. What I Had read didn't indicate that buses ran from hotels to finish line! Thanks!

For those that ran last year, did they hand out wet sponges at some point on the course? The biggest mistake I made during the marathon in January was tossing the sponge shortly after using it. I was going to bring one of those dri-towels if not. I’m not a huge fan of running in the heat so I’m just trying to be prepared.
This year's Princess was the first half that has had the wet sponges (at least of any of the halfs over the last 3 years).

I'm planning on trying to actually run the 10k so nice, wide roads for the first 4 miles or so are fine with me! Like @KAT4DISNEY I'm hoping they spruce it up a bit with entertainment, maybe a fancy light & sound show, and some photo ops along that stretch. We are really getting there now! 2 more weekends of training after this one!
characters they have had for the 10k over the last 2 years are R2D2, Ezra and Sabine from Rebels, The Emperors Throne, Darth Maul, 501st, Stormtroopers, Speeders from Endor, Chewbacca. The wampa cave and trash compactor sets were out for the half. Pre-Post race photos included Darth Vader, Phasma, BB8, Jabba, Boba Fett with Han in carbonite. Granted it was Dark Side theme, so there may be some Light Side components this year. Since they now have Rey at DHS, I would assume she will be somewhere. It will be interesting to see if there are more light side type characters out.

Last edited:
when do waivers typically become available for people who register late? Of course the website says until 3/12 and I registered on 3/13. Curios...

Thank you. What I Had read didn't indicate that buses ran from hotels to finish line! Thanks!
I think the idea is that if the buses are running from the finish line to the hotels that they must be taking a return trip to pick up more people so they must go from the hotels back to the finish line. The runDisney buses are dedicated buses and not part of the parks transportation pool. At least that's true for Marathon Weekend. Once Epcot transportation starts on half marathon day you can just take an Epcot bus too I'm sure. Depending on how speedy hubby is. Regular park transportation buses start running a good while before park opening right? Anybody?

:tiptoe:Hello to all of you runners! I think its wonderful! Maybe one day I'll be a runner! My question is what do you do after the half marathon on Sunday? I see the course ends in the Epcot parking lot. I'm sure you are exhausted! But, do you plan to visit Epcot Sunday (or part of the day) after the race? The reason I ask is because we have to opportunity to visit Epcot either Sunday or Monday & thought we'd visit on the least crowded day. Maybe everyone rests Sunday & then hits the parks again on Monday? Your advice/sharing of plans is appreciated. :thanks: I wish you all the best!
I'm not running the half, only the 10k, but everyone else I'll be with is.

We are staying in boardwalk villas.

My plan is to go to a park in the morning (probably HS because it's close), go back to the resort to relax a bit, and then go to Epcot in the afternoon. Our first FP starts around 2pm.

Their plan is to finish the race, go back to the resort and shower/change/rest/meet up with me, and then head to Epcot in time for our FPs.

Please help!! I have just printed our waivers, my own and my two daughters, and on my eldest daughter’s Mile waiver I have realised that I’ve put the wrong date of birth so it says that she will be 5 on race day instead of 9!!! The day and month is right but I’ve put my youngest daughter’s year of birth instead, I blame the stress of trying to register everyone as quick as possible!!!! Anyway, what is the best course of action now to rectify this? TIA xx
I would contact runDisney. I goofed on my sister's registration once...I contacted runDisney and told them the story. They just had us stop by Runner Relations at the expo, and they took care of it.

Out of curiosity, were we supposed to get an email about the guide being online? This if my first RunDisney race so I wasn't sure if I should have been looking in my email for something or just checking the website periodically. If not for stalking - er, reading - this thread, I wouldn't have known it was up!

Out of curiosity, were we supposed to get an email about the guide being online? This if my first RunDisney race so I wasn't sure if I should have been looking in my email for something or just checking the website periodically. If not for stalking - er, reading - this thread, I wouldn't have known it was up!
They have before - they probably will at some point.

Is "Runner Tracking" the only way to see bib numbers?
I haven't received any emails from RunDisney. Should I have received any notifications that I should fill our waivers, etc.? I ask because I seem to not get Disney emails even though I've signed up for communications like a millions times...

OOOPS...I see that @cincystamper just asked the same question. I guess I'm not the only one wondering if we should have received an official email from Disney.

Last edited:
Is "Runner Tracking" the only way to see bib numbers?
I haven't received any emails from RunDisney. Should I have received any notifications that I should fill our waivers, etc.? I ask because I seem to not get Disney emails even though I've signed up for communications like a millions times...

OOOPS...I see that @cincystamper just asked the same question. I guess I'm not the only one wondering if we should have received an official email from Disney.

I have not received a SW rundisney email since 1/4/19.

OK Everybody let's build excitement a little: What's the one (or more than one) character stop you would just find irresistible? No matter how long the line you would have to stop. Even if you were in danger of being swept.
I ALWAYS stop for a pic with Emperor Palpatine! And if I can afford the historically long wait, I’ll stop for Vader. But I’m not willing to get swept for any of them.

~~~

Corral links were working for a little while Fri, but stopped working again Sat. Not sure what’s going on.

I’ve been working on costumes over the weekend and have them almost done. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter