Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Maybe a dumb question, sorry, I’m new to the runD ways.

I registered for the challenge late. I entered a POT because it let me online but it was well past the deadline.

Does that mean I was just randomly placed as they see fit? Or is there any method to it?

I registered for the challenge late. I entered a POT because it let me online but it was well past the deadline.

Does that mean I was just randomly placed as they see fit? Or is there any method to it?
Was your POT race from before the deadline? This is my only thought, that if the race itself was after the deadline, maybe you were randomly placed???

I really have no idea how they deal with signups after the deadline, but if they let you enter a time, and the link you used for it was correct, I would think they would use it.
:confused3

Welcome to your new addiction!

It is my understanding late registrations can enter PoT and will be placed in the appropriate corral. You just can’t change it and you won’t have your name on your bib.

For those that ran last year, did they hand out wet sponges at some point on the course? The biggest mistake I made during the marathon in January was tossing the sponge shortly after using it. I was going to bring one of those dri-towels if not. I’m not a huge fan of running in the heat so I’m just trying to be prepared.

Welcome to your new addiction!

It is my understanding late registrations can enter PoT and will be placed in the appropriate corral. You just can’t change it and you won’t have your name on your bib.

No kidding, like I really need another Disney addiction. And a rather expensive one at that!

I’m in E, which fits my Princess time so I’ll take it, although that time was slower than I had hoped (man the heat took it out of me those last few miles). I figured I’d be at the back registering late, so I’m good with the outcome.

Thanks for the info!

For those that ran last year, did they hand out wet sponges at some point on the course? The biggest mistake I made during the marathon in January was tossing the sponge shortly after using it. I was going to bring one of those dri-towels if not. I’m not a huge fan of running in the heat so I’m just trying to be prepared.
Not that I can remember either of the past two years (could very well of missed it). They have given out the dri-towels in the finish chute.

I can't answer for this race, but they did at Princess last year when it got warmer than expected so I'd assume they would here!

Yeah, they had sponges at the Princess Half this year sometime around Mile 10 before you took the loop from World Drive to Epcot Center Drive. I think. Brain was getting mushy by that point!

I do remember that I was slightly annoyed at the sponges I was having to dodge on the ground! It’s funny the small things that get to you/get stuck in your mind on these races. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter