Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Is "Runner Tracking" the only way to see bib numbers?
I haven't received any emails from RunDisney. Should I have received any notifications that I should fill our waivers, etc.? I ask because I seem to not get Disney emails even though I've signed up for communications like a millions times...

OOOPS...I see that @cincystamper just asked the same question. I guess I'm not the only one wondering if we should have received an official email from Disney.
I've not received any emails yet, but at some point in the future, they may send one out. Meanwhile, keep checking the runDisney page. It's posted there. When you first open the Rival Run event page, everything new is listed on the right side. The Expo Shedule has been there for awhile, and the Virtual Goody bag, Waivers, and Event Guide have been added. Then if you look under Runner Info, you'll see corral placements by bib number.

Read the Event Guide. It will give you most of the information you will need to get you through the weekend.

I would contact runDisney. I goofed on my sister's registration once...I contacted runDisney and told them the story. They just had us stop by Runner Relations at the expo, and they took care of it.
Thank you so much, I’m glad it’s not just me that does daft things then lol!! I’ve sent them an email but it’s good to know I can go to runner relations at the expo if I don’t hear from them xx

So, if anyone has put off their costuming, it's not too late to join the Kilted Trooper Running Corps!

Here's a FB group for it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2083631458588730/
Also a DIS thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/join-the-kilted-trooper-running-corps.3641852/

NB: We are not encouraging, um... 'authentic' kilt wearing protocols. It's still a run. It's still Florida. Humidity. You get the idea.

Not to drop in and complain after taking so much time off from the DIS, but if you haven't run that 10k course before, it contains a LOT more single lane than you think. Just a warning that congestion will be a real issue for some.

Wampa cave!!!

That photo op is the whole reason I submitted a POT!

I’m also hoping Jabba’s Palace makes an appearance.
The last 2 years they had a Jabba backdrop before and after the races.

Chewie! And maybe Darth Vader (my mom has a Darth Vader obsession and she would like me to stop for him). :chewy::darth:
My mom's the opposite. She worries about me because I think Darth Vader is cool. Naturally, this only encourages me.

I ALWAYS stop for a pic with Emperor Palpatine! And if I can afford the historically long wait, I’ll stop for Vader. But I’m not willing to get swept for any of them.
I think I waited 20-30 minutes last year for the Imperial group photo with Emperor Palpatine, Vader, the royal guard, et all right after we exited Epcot. I knew I was safe from being swept, so there's no way I was passing up that photo.

Does anyone know where to find info about pacers? I can make some assumptions what the finish times will be for the pacers in my corral, but I'm also trying to figure out what run/walk interval is for them.
[I've run loads of runDisney events but never run with the pace teams.]

I didn’t turn in POT on time (I honestly think it’s insane it has to be done so early, especially when the race still isn’t sold out), so I’m in the last corral. Just hoping to not get swept.

If you’re fast enough that you were anticipating a POT-requiring finish, you should be fine.

For the future, if you estimate a time that requires POT but you don’t get POt in, go into your account and change that estimate to one that doesn’t require POT (and is close to matching your pace). That way they place you based on the estimate, not on the “needed POT but didn’t submit” issue.

Maybe a dumb question, sorry, I’m new to the runD ways.

I registered for the challenge late. I entered a POT because it let me online but it was well past the deadline.

Does that mean I was just randomly placed as they see fit? Or is there any method to it?

Registering late gives you that one shot to enter POT. If you did it then, you’re placed based on that. If you don’t, it goes with the estimate, or the “needed POT but didn’t submit one” problem.

This year's Princess was the first half that has had the wet sponges (at least of any of the halfs over the last 3 years).

2018 Princess had the sponges, too. You just had to be going slow enough to come across them. Like me!

Does anyone know where to find info about pacers? I can make some assumptions what the finish times will be for the pacers in my corral, but I'm also trying to figure out what run/walk interval is for them.
I haven’t seen anything posted for Star Wars yet, but here’s what they were for Princess (if I linked it properly :D).
https://www.disboards.com/threads/g...iscussion-thread.3573267/page-7#post-60224969

It's my first RunDisney race and my DH's second, but his first was 5 years ago. What snacks do they usually give out? Is it a box with a banana, granola bar, and chips?

I'm in Corral F with my son. I didn't provide proof of time since he has none.

My plan is to go back to the room after the half marathon, shower, and possibly nap. We are going to Disney Springs for lunch at Splitsville, and heading to Epcot later for fastpasses and dinner.

Ok everyone!! Are we having a meet up? Friday is out for me as I don't land until 4ish then have to go to the expo. I just got park tickets and I am working on Fast Passes so I need to know where to be when, lol! Anyone up for a meet up Saturday? Or??

ETA: We have Via Napoli at 4:45 Saturday so it would have to work around that....

I did see the pacer information posted on the runDisneyRun facebook group and ti lists the pacer, goal time, intervals and what corral they are in.

I got into Corral B with a POT of 1:58:10. I was hoping for A but looks like I missed it by a little over 8 minutes. I love the Wampa stop and Ewoks and this time will probably try for the R2 photo stop if the line is not too bad. If they ever have a Jedi Mickey, I wouldn't care how long the line was.

Good job on B!! I was B for both Princess and SW 1/2's last year and nabbed my first (excited to have reached this goal!!) A corral for SW 1/2 with a 1:49 POT from my half last September. I never stop for R2 but maybe this year I finally will being in A for all 3 races! *fingers crossed* for little to no lines.

Ok everyone!! Are we having a meet up? Friday is out for me as I don't land until 4ish then have to go to the expo. I just got park tickets and I am working on Fast Passes so I need to know where to be when, lol! Anyone up for a meet up Saturday? Or??

ETA: We have Via Napoli at 4:45 Saturday so it would have to work around that....
Saturday afternoon works for me.

Been away from boards forever, but just finished the Shamrock Marathon weekend so I can now focus on Star Wars :darth:
I am in Corral B this year :rolleyes1 first time not in A, all will be fine, it was a slow year last year.

Have some shirts this year, no costumes, it was just too HOT last year and I sweat A LOT.

This will be my 4th Challenge but first Solo trip, looking forward to making some new friends.

I am going to search for for any word on meet-ups.

See you all soon - may the force be with you!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter