Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

They absolutely will not - rD is very strict about having to pick up your own bib. Can your wife change her plans in order to get in earlier on Thurs? If not, her only option will be getting to the 5K VERY early and going to the tent used for same-day emergency bib pick-up. This is not something rD advertises, and there's no guarantee it will be available at all, but it's been there in the past. If it is there, she'll only be able to get her bib: she'll have to go to the expo later in the day for her shirt.

No there isn’t a way for her to get in earlier ... so can I talk to someone about making sure her big is at this emergency tent? And where is this tent at?

I want to sign up for the 10k but will be driving myself there. How are the parking options for run weekends? Will I be able to drive there and park and not take disney transport? We do not stay onsite ever.

I want to sign up for the 10k but will be driving myself there. How are the parking options for run weekends? Will I be able to drive there and park and not take disney transport? We do not stay onsite ever.

Yes you can park there for free.

Plan to get there early by 3:00 and you will have no issues. We have driven and parked regularly with no issue.

Star Wars if I remember we have to take a bus to MK parking lot from Epcot.

Plan to get there early by 3:00 and you will have no issues. We have driven and parked regularly with no issue.

Star Wars if I remember we have to take a bus to MK parking lot from Epcot.

Ughhhh @ early mornings. I am not rolling out of bed before 3:00am.

No there isn’t a way for her to get in earlier ... so can I talk to someone about making sure her big is at this emergency tent? And where is this tent at?
IDK exactly where the tent will be,a s I've never used it, but it will be somewhere in the pre-race area. It can't hurt to email rD, but from what I've read of others' experiences, they won't make any guarantees. I think they just have a bunch of extra bibs on hand and they assign one of those to runners who have to do emergency pickup.

I always drive to the races and it's no problem at all. We'll receive instructions in the official race guide re: driving and parking - you'll want to read through that carefully. You will have to use WDW transportation, though, as the race starts at MK and ends at EP - drivers have to park at EP and take a shuttle to the start.

So yes, it looks like my husband and I are driving separately to Disney (at least we’re DVC & we don’t pay for parking) but looks like he should be able to make it to the expo before close on Friday!

Now I’m gonna rearrange the first two days of the trip for it being solo time!

Thanks. Yes I saw that there is a bus from Epcot to MK for other races. Thanks for the parking info, I think I will probably do this. First time ever and I am getting excited. If not this (if can't register) then the wine one for sure.

I came here to mention the Acclaim email, too. :)

I know I cant pick up my wifes challenge bib, but will they let me pick up her 5k bib? She wont be in before the expo closes Thursday.

Nope.

The Runner Information (or Relations?) tent is always pretty obvious. At Princess for the 5K we passed a big long line of people. We knew we ewren't heading anywhere that had a line so kept on going. When we got towards the front people in the line we realized it was the line of people getting their bibs for the 5K. It was a LONG line. LONG. So if you see a long line of people shortly not too terribly far after being checked by security, see if that's the line.

Oh, and if you write or call rundisney they'll tell you that they very likely won't even have the tent. So if you value your sanity, don't write them. If she truly TRULY cannot change her schedule, the tent will or won't be there, and talking to them will help nothing. Might as well not obsess over their rotten response ahead of time.

Does anyone have photos of costumes from last year's Star Wars run or what you're planning to wear this Rival Run weekend? Trying to judge how intricate my costume should be.

Thanks!

Does anyone have photos of costumes from last year's Star Wars run or what you're planning to wear this Rival Run weekend? Trying to judge how intricate my costume should be.

Thanks!
You’ll see all types from inspired by to detailed.

My suggestion is to make sure it is breathable as it will be a warm run. As a slower runner, I can tell people that made too much clothing as they must abandon on the side of the road a fair amount of costume pieces.

Thanks!
I don’t have clear pictures but my running costumes are more DisneyBound then cosplay for last year when I ran Dark Side I wore:
5k- a newsie/Han mashup (White champion short sleeve tech shirt, a black tech tank from kohls’s athletic brand cut into a vest and a Fila brand skort plus a few props)
10k- Kylo Ren (black top from jcpenny’s athletic brand, skort and costume headband made from performance fabric purchased at Joanne’s )

So my injury just went from bad to worse. The MCL tear caused my knee to buckle under me and I fell down our basement stairs, hurting my good knee. I have to use a walker right now for balance. Orthopedic doctor doesn't think I tore anything else and that it's just a knee sprain. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do my 5K. :sad:

So my injury just went from bad to worse. The MCL tear caused my knee to buckle under me and I fell down our basement stairs, hurting my good knee. I have to use a walker right now for balance. Orthopedic doctor doesn't think I tore anything else and that it's just a knee sprain. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do my 5K. :sad:

Oh, man - that stinks! Wishing a speedy recovery!!

So sorry! :guilty:

No photos from me, but you can find a smattering in rD's Facebook album from last year: https://www.facebook.com/pg/RunDisney/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2433760876649860

You'll see everything from extraordinarily intricate, to a mere nod to the SW franchise, and everything in between. My advice is to make it COMFORTABLE above all, and keep weather (likely warm and humid) in mind. Personally, I make my "costumes" out of running apparel. I'm probably re-using my Imperial Officer outfit this year: black tech shirt, black running skirt, black calf sleeves, plus an Imperial rank bar I got on Etsy, an Imperial hat from Disney, and a belt I made out of craft foam.

That sounds painful - I'm so sorry! Sending good wishes for speedy healing.

Thanks!

As others have said, there will be all levels. For me, I want to be comfortable but it also depends on distance. For example, I've worn wigs for 5K and 10K costumes but would never do that for a Half. My costumes are generally a combination of sparkleskirts(dot com) bottom and raw threads top with some embellishment and accessories that won't get too much in my way.

For this year, I'm doing mashups. For the 10K, I'm doing Oswald Solo, and for the Half I'll be Jungle Cruise Skipper Rey. No pics yet as I'm still gathering finishing touches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter