Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Sorry if this seems a silly question but is it generally cool enough at the start to take some throw away clothes, I’m starting to think about packing and wondered if I should bother taking them or not, TIA xx

Sorry if this seems a silly question but is it generally cool enough at the start to take some throw away clothes, I’m starting to think about packing and wondered if I should bother taking them or not, TIA xx
Maybe. Also maybe not. Too soon to say what weather will be, as it could be hot, or if a cool front makes its way down to central FL, it could be a bit cooler. Count on humid. We won't really know until a few days out, so for now, it's best to have options in mind.

Definitely not a silly question. Some years throwaway clothes are a necessity. I have visited the thrift stores before many races to get my throwaways. As to what happens to the discarded clothes, cast members collect and launder it. It is then donated to charity. Many tons of clothing are collected.

Maybe. Also maybe not. Too soon to say what weather will be, as it could be hot, or if a cool front makes its way down to central FL, it could be a bit cooler. Count on humid. We won't really know until a few days out, so for now, it's best to have options in mind.
Thank you, I guessed it would be too soon to say, I got the throw away clothes out then DH said don’t bother so then I didn’t know what to do lol!! I’ll keep them handy just in case xx

Definitely not a silly question. Some years throwaway clothes are a necessity. I have visited the thrift stores before many races to get my throwaways. As to what happens to the discarded clothes, cast members collect and launder it. It is then donated to charity. Many tons of clothing are collected.
Thank you, I never mind throwing the clothes away as it’s lovely it all gets donated to good causes, and always get things in the sales so not expensive at all! I’ll keep my eye on the weather nearer to the time xx

I KNOW it is completely ridiculous to check the weather in FLORIDA this far out but does that stop me? NOPE!! Lol. I love accuweather and their month weather forecast. Do I know it will probably be wrong? Yes. Do I care? NOPE. It is a game I play as I sit here in 20 degree weather to make myself happy, lol. :)

I KNOW it is completely ridiculous to check the weather in FLORIDA this far out but does that stop me? NOPE!!
You may actually be a Floridian... ;)

I'm about 100 miles west of WDW and weather this week has been stupid. This morning, it was cold enough for my heat to kick on... but it's going up to 77* later, so AC will be on. Feels Like was 35 at my house Wed morning - actual temps in the mid-80s this weekend. I'm checking the weather daily to figure out what to wear!

You may actually be a Floridian... ;)

I'm about 100 miles west of WDW and weather this week has been stupid. This morning, it was cold enough for my heat to kick on... but it's going up to 77* later, so AC will be on. Feels Like was 35 at my house Wed morning - actual temps in the mid-80s this weekend. I'm checking the weather daily to figure out what to wear!

OMG I hear ya! It was in the teens on Monday and the Feels Like tomorrow will be in the 70's! I was exaggerating in my post as it is really Feels Like 58 today as a storm is coming in (stupid severe weather!) but the see saw temps are killing me and my allergies! And my clothing choices.

I think that it depends on where you are coming in from. I like in the hinterlands and it is still very cold here. There is a zero percent chance that I will need throw away clothes at the start because of cold temps in FL for this one. Jan-Feb races? Maybe. April - no chance.

I think that it depends on where you are coming in from. I like in the hinterlands and it is still very cold here. There is a zero percent chance that I will need throw away clothes at the start because of cold temps in FL for this one. Jan-Feb races? Maybe. April - no chance.
Floridian here - even I didn't need a throwaway last year!

I always take an inexpensive fleece blanket for all races. That way, if it’s cool, I can wrap it around my shoulders to help stay warm; if not, I’ll fold it up to have something soft to sit on while waiting in the corrals.

I always take an inexpensive fleece blanket for all races. That way, if it’s cool, I can wrap it around my shoulders to help stay warm; if not, I’ll fold it up to have something soft to sit on while waiting in the corrals.
Same. :)

The Weather in Canada has not been cooperating for a run outside. All of my training miles have been on a treadmill thus far. They are calling for warmer weather this weekend (-6 Celsius) and no snow, so I'm hoping to get a decent road run in. I just keep reminding myself that as long as I'm doing something I should be ok.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Hoping to run outside tomorrow for the first time in a while. Doing 20K on a treadmill on Sunday is going to be so tedious.

I can't believe I've come down with the flu this time of year! So much for my training. I just hope I feel well enough by race day.

A pool towel from the resort works for this too!

I can't believe I've come down with the flu this time of year! So much for my training. I just hope I feel well enough by race day.
Oh no! Rest and recover - the training you've already done will suffice, but priority needs to be healing now. Hang in there!

THIS. WEATHER.

My wife and I did our Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon yesterday. The temp was right around freezing, which wouldn't have been bad, but the 20 mph winds (gusting to 40 mph) sure made it a slog. My eyeballs still feel so dry that I had to run out to CVS this morning to buy eye drops. :scared:

BUT... WE DID IT. I'm so jazzed for this race weekend. I don't care if it's 80 degrees. I want some Disney! I want some Star Wars! I want some running through parks! :dogdance:

By the way, I REALLY wish that there were a Magical Express bus that would go right to the Expo. We usually fly in the afternoon before our first race (I think we're landing around 3pm this time), and it's annoying that we have to take a bus to the resort and then catch another bus for the Expo. In the past, we've exited early at the first resort bus stop, which can save up to half an hour, depending on the number of DME resort stops.

Anyone know how much an Uber/Lyft would cost from MCO to Expo? I'd rather not waste the money, but I also hate waiting. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter