Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

We had lows of 29 degrees Wednesday, 32 Thursday and 73 yesterday with a high of 83. I think we had record lows and highs in the same week!

Anyone else’s weather a bouncing ball?

We did our Virtual 2 weeks ago. I’m not sure if I wasn’t ready or if I’m just done with distances longer than 8 miles. I’ve struggled on every run over that. I’ll decide when I see how I feel after the Challenge!

Question, Im flying down Wednesday night with my boys and my wife flys in late on Thursday. We are all doing the 5k together on Friday and my wife and I are doing challenge as well... I know I cant pick up my wifes challenge bib, but will they let me pick up her 5k bib? She wont be in before the expo closes Thursday.

Didnt have any choice about it due to work schedules...

I just got back from a short trip to Paris and brought back a cold as a souvenir! 14-15 hours round trip of plane flight will do that. Multiple passengers hacking up a lung on the plane. Well, you're supposed to be able to run through any sickness above the neck so gotta get to it. 3 1/2 weeks everybody!

Question, Im flying down Wednesday night with my boys and my wife flys in late on Thursday. We are all doing the 5k together on Friday and my wife and I are doing challenge as well... I know I cant pick up my wifes challenge bib, but will they let me pick up her 5k bib? She wont be in before the expo closes Thursday.
They absolutely will not - rD is very strict about having to pick up your own bib. Can your wife change her plans in order to get in earlier on Thurs? If not, her only option will be getting to the 5K VERY early and going to the tent used for same-day emergency bib pick-up. This is not something rD advertises, and there's no guarantee it will be available at all, but it's been there in the past. If it is there, she'll only be able to get her bib: she'll have to go to the expo later in the day for her shirt.

Well, talk about bad timing! I slipped on some ice a couple of weeks ago and hurt my left knee. MRI shows that I tore my MCL. Got some prednisone, a good knee brace, elevating it and will get steroid shots in both knees the week for the races (so glad that I work in a doctor's office!). It's been getting worse the past couple of days and right now I can barely walk on it...ugh!

I just got back from a short trip to Paris and brought back a cold as a souvenir! 14-15 hours round trip of plane flight will do that. Multiple passengers hacking up a lung on the plane. Well, you're supposed to be able to run through any sickness above the neck so gotta get to it. 3 1/2 weeks everybody!

Well, talk about bad timing! I slipped on some ice a couple of weeks ago and hurt my left knee. MRI shows that I tore my MCL. Got some prednisone, a good knee brace, elevating it and will get steroid shots in both knees the week for the races (so glad that I work in a doctor's office!). It's been getting worse the past couple of days and right now I can barely walk on it...ugh!

Hope you both feel better soon!

Anyone know how much an Uber/Lyft would cost from MCO to Expo? I'd rather not waste the money, but I also hate waiting. :crazy2:

I was gonna say we paid around $35 to go from Bonnet Creek to MCO, but I looked it up on Uber Estimator for MCO to ESPN and it is $36.63 for UberX. (So I was close. :) )

I can't believe I've come down with the flu this time of year! So much for my training. I just hope I feel well enough by race day.

Duck tape yourselves together everybody! 3 weeks to go. My Magical Express stuff arrived last week.

We may be forced to use emergency pick up for the first time ever. My husband just let me know that there are mandatory meetings the general managers have to go to and thus he may not be allowed to have Thursday and/or Friday off anymore and he’ll get there Friday evening. I’ll be able to get up there Thursday.

Worst case, he misses the 10k if the emergency plan doesn’t work and just keeps his Half Marathon Legacy.

I KNOW it is completely ridiculous to check the weather in FLORIDA this far out but does that stop me? NOPE!! Lol. I love accuweather and their month weather forecast. Do I know it will probably be wrong? Yes. Do I care? NOPE. It is a game I play as I sit here in 20 degree weather to make myself happy, lol. :)
I did the same in the month leading up to the Princess Half (as I have no doubt did a high proportion of runners!). I hope you end up with good weather and have a great time.

We may be forced to use emergency pick up for the first time ever. My husband just let me know that there are mandatory meetings the general managers have to go to and thus he may not be allowed to have Thursday and/or Friday off anymore and he’ll get there Friday evening. I’ll be able to get up there Thursday.

Worst case, he misses the 10k if the emergency plan doesn’t work and just keeps his Half Marathon Legacy.
Oh no! I hope it works out.

The 10K is still available if anyone is interested. It says Sold Out on the website but if you click on "Register Now" on one of the available races, the 10K shows up as an option.
It’s showing as available on the website now. I wonder if they split some of the challenge registrations because they weren’t selling as well as they had hoped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter