Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

So my injury just went from bad to worse. The MCL tear caused my knee to buckle under me and I fell down our basement stairs, hurting my good knee. I have to use a walker right now for balance. Orthopedic doctor doesn't think I tore anything else and that it's just a knee sprain. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do my 5K. :sad:
I'm so sorry. Terrible. I hope you are better soon.

Does anyone have photos of costumes from last year's Star Wars run or what you're planning to wear this Rival Run weekend? Trying to judge how intricate my costume should be.

Like many others, I went with relative comfort over costume integrity. For the 10k, I'm going to be R2D2 - blue nike shorts and a R2D2 shirt purchased on Amazon that I made into a tank top (it's cotton, but since that's the shorter race, I feel like I'll just suffer). For the half, I'm going to be BB8 - I bought a themed running tank on Etsy to go with orange shorts.

So my injury just went from bad to worse. The MCL tear caused my knee to buckle under me and I fell down our basement stairs, hurting my good knee. I have to use a walker right now for balance. Orthopedic doctor doesn't think I tore anything else and that it's just a knee sprain. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do my 5K.

I'm so sorry - sending you quick healing vibes!

Tracking is up! (Which provides bib numbers, but nothing else exciting... yet.)
https://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-SWDS-2019
If you click on the map link, you can see the route. If the 10K route is correct, it would be different from any other year I believe. It looks like they merged portions of the WDW Marathon weekend 5K with the WDW Marathon Half. It doesnt show us running on the boardwalk or going to Hollywood Studios. Basically just 4 road miles and 2 miles within Epcot. I hope this is not the true map. I wasn't able to see the Half on there, it only shows the 10K.

That 10K course would definitely be different than last year. If true, wonder if it’s because of the construction going on at DHS. If so, they would need to change the Half course as well.

If you click on the map link, you can see the route. If the 10K route is correct, it would be different from any other year I believe. It looks like they merged portions of the WDW Marathon weekend 5K with the WDW Marathon Half. It doesnt show us running on the boardwalk or going to Hollywood Studios. Basically just 4 road miles and 2 miles within Epcot. I hope this is not the true map. I wasn't able to see the Half on there, it only shows the 10K.
yeah I was looking at that too. I wonder if it's right. There is usually somebody in these threads who haunts the USATF somehow watching for when runDisney submits a new course to be certified but I don't know how to do that.

Edited to ask: Can we only see the 10k because we are signed up for the challenge and the 10k is first? Anybody signed up only for the half? Can you see the half course that way?

yeah I was looking at that too. I wonder if it's right. There is usually somebody in these threads who haunts the USATF somehow watching for when runDisney submits a new course to be certified but I don't know how to do that.

Edited to ask: Can we only see the 10k because we are signed up for the challenge and the 10k is first? Anybody signed up only for the half? Can you see the half course that way?

Nope, I am only signed up for the half and can only see the 10k. :(

I'm hoping that course is posted to throw us off because they're going to let us go through Galaxy's Edge and the real course will be posted the day before.

I know, I know....ridiculous to hope for that....won't stop me from doing it though! :-D

I dig the map shown in tracking - a full tour of EP! I can happily live without the BW/YC/BC for a change. It's very similar to the 2018 W&D course, just a little difference on the far left: for W&D it went backstage briefly, while this one takes a jog over to the Land area instead.

Lately, rD/TrackShack's been getting official certification way late in the game, so there hadn't been anything to stalk. I think marathon cert came a day ahead?

We can only see the 10K now because it's the first race to be tracked. Once it's been run, the tracking page will switch to the half. But we'll have the official guide with course maps before then.

So I wonder if I can't yet find myself because I signed up yesterday on that tracking site.

I really hope that course is correct. The finish reminds me of the finish of the full which has always been my favorite part of running through EP.

Would like to go thru more than one park but this does probably have more park time than the old 10k route thru DHS and Epcot. But a little change is always a good thing so works for me.

That is the same course as the 10K for W&D 2018... I did not love the course. From my experience, most of it was crazy crowded.

I just looked at the map... Okay, maybe it is not exactly the same. I don't think that is how we came into Epcot for W&D. It is very similar though.

Last edited:
The course seems oddly similar to last years 10K. I’d honestly have to look to remember. But really, nothing will ever be as horrible or boring as the light side (or any other rD half) in CA. That course sucks

I'm hoping that course is posted to throw us off because they're going to let us go through Galaxy's Edge and the real course will be posted the day before.

I know, I know....ridiculous to hope for that....won't stop me from doing it though! :-D

Hoping for this! And also that they don't skip the Boardwalk, as we booked our stay there so that family could watch us go by from the balcony!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!