"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been 9 days since I purchased my MNSSHP tickets directly through Disney. I booked 2 party days at once, I received the confirmation email with only one bar code to cover both parties. I was able to book FPs for each party day after I'd already booked FPs for all of my "normal" ticket days. Yet, they still haven't appeared in MDE. I tried to link them with the bar code # and I get the "they're either already linked or they can't be linked" message. Does it usually take this long for them to show up? Do I need to call, and if I do will it make any difference or will the CM just tell me to "trust that they are there"? (I've been told this before on other matters). Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Booked Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way last night for 8/30. Still on the fence about it but grabbed it while I still could and hope to hear some reviews from the first couple of parties. I know you can come and go but still afraid of it taking up too much time. Would like to know about the parade viewing area the most if anyone know. DH loves to take lots of pictures so hoping it will be a good spot for that.
We did the party last year during MVMCP and it’s a GREAT spot for pictures! You’re basically curb side wherever you go and if you’re lucky enough to be looking right down Main Street it’s even better!

Has anyone's hard party tickets taken a long time to be received through the mail?

I ordered our tickets on 6/29 and asked for standard mail delivery. I see they are linked to my reservation and magic bands but I always like the hard tickets as a backup. Called customer service and they said there was an issue around that time with their mail service so even if I don't the tickets in the mail the fact that I have a receipt and they are linked to my reservation won't be an issue when I arrive. The only other thing they said they could do is cancel those tickets and reissue new ones but that seems like rocking the boat. She said nobody else can use my tickets even if they got misdelivered to someone else because I have the confirmation and ID to prove it's me.
Should I not be worried about not getting the hard ticket if they got lost in the mail? :confused3:worried:

Booked Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way last night for 8/30. Still on the fence about it but grabbed it while I still could and hope to hear some reviews from the first couple of parties. I know you can come and go but still afraid of it taking up too much time. Would like to know about the parade viewing area the most if anyone know. DH loves to take lots of pictures so hoping it will be a good spot for that.
I did the party at MVMCP in December and it was fantastic for pictures of the parade! I was curbside looking straight down Main Street. My pictures are amazing! I thought the party itself was great too. We ate and had a drink, went out to watch fireworks, got our front and center spot for the parade, and went back in later for another drink.

We did the party last year during MVMCP and it’s a GREAT spot for pictures! You’re basically curb side wherever you go and if you’re lucky enough to be looking right down Main Street it’s even better!
I did the party at MVMCP in December and it was fantastic for pictures of the parade! I was curbside looking straight down Main Street. My pictures are amazing! I thought the party itself was great too. We ate and had a drink, went out to watch fireworks, got our front and center spot for the parade, and went back in later for another drink.
So is the viewing area big enough everyone can pretty much have curbside or do you have to get there early to get that? Would be cool to look right down Main Street but would be happy anywhere along the curb. DH will want to stand anyway so even if it is behind a row of people sitting that would be good.

So is the viewing area big enough everyone can pretty much have curbside or do you have to get there early to get that? Would be cool to look right down Main Street but would be happy anywhere along the curb. DH will want to stand anyway so even if it is behind a row of people sitting that would be good.
I did get there early and we sat so the people behind us did have a great view also and didn't get there quite as early as us. The area did have people standing a row behind the curbside people but most people sat in the front. I'd say get there 45 min early if you want to look straight down. Maybe 30 for anywhere curbside. I'm going by the Xmas party so not sure if this one will be more/less popular.

I did get there early and we sat so the people behind us did have a great view also and didn't get there quite as early as us. The area did have people standing a row behind the curbside people but most people sat in the front. I'd say get there 45 min early if you want to look straight down. Maybe 30 for anywhere curbside. I'm going by the Xmas party so not sure if this one will be more/less popular.

Great, thank you that helps.

Sorry if this has been asked, but my searches all took me to last year's thread and didn't really give me a good explanation. Did the treat trails begin exactly at seven, or a little earlier? What about the rides with overlays like Tea Cups and Pirates and the dance parties? Our kiddos will be doing well to hold off through the fireworks, and we want to prioritize our time and know where to head first. We aren't interested in meeting characters, just the parade, fireworks, special rides (except Space Mountain) and a few treat trails. Also,which treat trails are less likely to have long lines? Thanks for the help from a Type A planner going to our first party!

Sorry if this has been asked, but my searches all took me to last year's thread and didn't really give me a good explanation. Did the treat trails begin exactly at seven, or a little earlier? What about the rides with overlays like Tea Cups and Pirates and the dance parties? Our kiddos will be doing well to hold off through the fireworks, and we want to prioritize our time and know where to head first. We aren't interested in meeting characters, just the parade, fireworks, special rides (except Space Mountain) and a few treat trails. Also,which treat trails are less likely to have long lines? Thanks for the help from a Type A planner going to our first party!
Trick or Treat begins at 7pm. Last year some locations started earlier but I'm unsure if it was due to the weather. People do line up for them. There are a few locations that have more stations. Some locations are covered. Here's a break down:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/“official”-2018-mickey’s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-–-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/post-58989841

We didn't do Space but from what I remember reading it actually closed down to make the switch. Hopefully others will chime in.

Has anyone's hard party tickets taken a long time to be received through the mail?

I ordered our tickets on 6/29 and asked for standard mail delivery. I see they are linked to my reservation and magic bands but I always like the hard tickets as a backup. Called customer service and they said there was an issue around that time with their mail service so even if I don't the tickets in the mail the fact that I have a receipt and they are linked to my reservation won't be an issue when I arrive. The only other thing they said they could do is cancel those tickets and reissue new ones but that seems like rocking the boat. She said nobody else can use my tickets even if they got misdelivered to someone else because I have the confirmation and ID to prove it's me.
Should I not be worried about not getting the hard ticket if they got lost in the mail? :confused3:worried:
Don’t worry about it! We’ve never had to use hard tickets. As long as you have your email receipt, in case MDE decides to stop working that day.

Can someone tell me if there's and characters at the party that have little or no waits?

The top tier characters meet prior to 7pm and they command a longer wait:
Jack & Sally, 7 Dwarfs and Moana
The other characters start meeting at 7pm. You can start their line between 6:30-6:40.
After 7pm the lines are long for all characters. I was surprised Lotso had a very long line last year which has not been the norm.

When is your party and what character are you meeting? Also use Tag Team if possible.

I was thinking of Aladdin, Tarzan, Belle & Gaston, and Elvis Stitch

I forgot about Elvis Stitch, he was a long wait too last year but he started meeting at 6:30. If his meet time is the same this year, you could line up for him at 6pm

6pm-6:40 Elvis Stitch LINK
6:45-7:10 Belle & Gaston LINK
Meet these characters Aladdin & TARZAN later in the evening.

Last edited:
I forgot about Elvis Stitch, he was a long wait too last year but he started meeting at 6:30. If his meet time is the same this year, you could line up for him at 6pm

6pm-6:40 Elvis Stitch LINK
6:45-7:10 Belle & Gaston LINK
Meet these characters Aladdin & TARZAN later in the evening.
Thank you so much! I feel like planning park days are easy. I think I'm way over my head for our party day! You have helped tremendously!!!

Where oh where did you find that canister treat bag? We're going as Monster Inc too.
That is simply adorable!!

We were out there early but I wanted that view down main street with the castle in the background. I didn't find it to be the ideal place to watch fireworks from but it was acceptable. We really enjoyed the Tony's add on during MVMCP last December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter