"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FoxC63 Can you tell me what the TOT 'Bonus' locations are? Do we know what they are ahead of time or do we just learn about them when we get to the park? TIA

You need to stay tuned here as people report back. Here is a link to last year's map. (I repeat, last year's, not this year's).
https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map.htm
It doesn't give you a list of where the Trick Or Treat stops are. You just see the Mickey heads on the map and try to figure out where they are. I was at the first party last year, so I posted here as I found them. Some had big orange inflatibles indicating that it was a Trick Or Treat stop. Others just had cast members standing outside holding paddles indicating it was a Trick Or Treat stop.

Some Trick Or Treat stops have people giving out candy at two points within that stop; I think this can change over time.

Last year someone was able to obtain the map at a Magic Kingdom ticket window on the morning of the first party. Maps were not available before then.

Post #7 - 2018 Itinerary Thread - Trick or Treat Locations & Allergy Information

Main Street, U.S.A.

• Market Street (Open until 8 p.m.)
  • Town Square Theater (Allergy-Friendly Center)
Adventureland
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - Covered Queue, Bonus Location
  • Jungle Cruise - Outdoor
Frontierland
  • Splash Mountain
  • Dock to Tom Sawyer Island - Outdoor GO GO Squeeze
  • Country Bear Jamboree - Indoor
Liberty Square
  • Columbia Harbour House - Outdoor
  • Liberty Square Ticket Office (Allergy-Friendly Center)
Fantasyland
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic - Indoor 2 Bonus Locations, playing cartoons & air conditioned. Strollers and wheelchairs went down a ramp and everyone else went down the stairs into a second line: Post #7945
  • Exit at Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Ariel's Grotto
  • Pinocchio Village Haus - Indoor
  • Walt Disney World Railroad Station
Tomorrowland
  • Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - Indoor 2 Bonus Locations
  • Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café - Indoor Bay 1
  • Carousel of Progress - Outdoor Bonus Location
Bonus Locations - contains more Trick or Treat stations in one location.
Fun Fact: You can return to any location as many times as you want!

Major kudos to @Best Aunt for originally posting what stations are Indoor & Outdoor. Super beneficial for planning if you get rained on, now you know where to go! ;)
If you rode Space Mountain, they had a candy stop outside the exit.

You need to stay tuned here as people report back. Here is a link to last year's map. (I repeat, last year's, not this year's).
https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map.htm
It doesn't give you a list of where the Trick Or Treat stops are. You just see the Mickey heads on the map and try to figure out where they are. I was at the first party last year, so I posted here as I found them. Some had big orange inflatibles indicating that it was a Trick Or Treat stop. Others just had cast members standing outside holding paddles indicating it was a Trick Or Treat stop.

Some Trick Or Treat stops have people giving out candy at two points within that stop; I think this can change over time.

Last year someone was able to obtain the map at a Magic Kingdom ticket window on the morning of the first party. Maps were not available before then.
Thanks for your reply. We are first time party goers and attending the first party so we are not able to find out until that day. As long as we have some idea / a simple plan we will be ok. I will take another look at last year's map - I had never heard of bonus locations before:-)

I’m sure this has been asked...I’m attending our first party on the first night. DD wants to meet Moana. We are DVC so will be getting there around 3pm. Based on previous years, when can I start lining up to meet Moana?

I’m sure this has been asked...I’m attending our first party on the first night. DD wants to meet Moana. We are DVC so will be getting there around 3pm. Based on previous years, when can I start lining up to meet Moana?

Moana 2018 started meeting at 5:45. I'm not sure how much of a demand she will be for 2019 but if she's important and you have other characters to meet maybe get in line at 4:30. Use Tag Team and go on rides, get meals, take restroom breaks and magic shots - all close by.

I really wish they'd create some sort of take a number and come back type system for meeting the characters, it seems a shame to have to spend 90 min in a line during an expensive special paid event.
That’s why I always recommend knocking out those exclusive characters first thing, so you aren’t wasting any party time in line. There are several that start meeting before offical party start time so you can maximize your 4-7 park time.

That’s why I always recommend knocking out those exclusive characters first thing, so you aren’t wasting any party time in line. There are several that start meeting before offical party start time so you can maximize your 4-7 park time.

Agree 100%! And just adding to our newbies...
By doing Tag Team you could still use your FP's, you might not be able to ride together as a family but taking turns is a great way to utilize them.

Where do you recommend watching the second parade if you decide to do rides between the fireworks show and the midnight Sanderson sisters show? I am trying to figure out options for my MNSSHP plan on August 20. Thanks!

Where do you recommend watching the second parade if you decide to do rides between the fireworks show and the midnight Sanderson sisters show? I am trying to figure out options for my MNSSHP plan on August 20. Thanks!
If you watch in Frontierland you’d likely have time to do Pirates and / or BTMRR between the fireworks and parade, then HM, BTMRR or Pirates between the parade and midnight HP show. I wouldn’t venture much farther than that though.

Last edited:
So I’m getting really excited! The pieces I’ve ordered for our costumes are starting to come in and we are about 90 days from our trip.
I’m also starting to worry a little over crowds. Our party is October 29th and I’m guessing we are going to need a solid plan and to map out our priorities to deal with the crowds.
We are doing the dessert party with plaza garden viewing for fireworks . Can anyone recommend a good spot to go from there to catch the second parade ? I’m short , so ideally if I could find somewhere that I’m not going get blocked by people would be great . Last time we watched the first parade in Frontierland. We sat right at the rope and had such a nice time chatting with some people who happened to sit next to us.
Is that still a good spot to head to after fireworks ?

so it appears the calendar has been updated to include the following( or it had been and I hadnt noticed)
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
12:00 AM, 8:30 PM, 10:45 PM
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
9:15 PM, 11:15 PM

Does this mean that there will be a Hocus Pocus show at midnight?Is that the way it always was? Confused as I thought they would be clearing people out then?
Yes, they usually have one at the end. Same as DAH Villians. There is a show at the end. Maybe to get everyone AWAY from the rides? I don't know, but it's nice to see it at the end of the night. That way I can do everything else I want to do first!

Still trying to plan treat stations into our touring plans because I know young grandsons will not be able to focus on other things until they get a stash of candy- I see where certain locations have bonus trails-Does this means two trails happening at the same time, or you go through two different candy stations on the same trail? Which trails are the least crowded early in the party, since I know we won't be able to convince the boys to trick or treat later. Thanks everyone for the great info I've gotten on this thread to plan for our first ever MNSSHP on September 6!

So I’m getting really excited! The pieces I’ve ordered for our costumes are starting to come in and we are about 90 days from our trip.
I’m also starting to worry a little over crowds. Our party is October 29th and I’m guessing we are going to need a solid plan and to map out our priorities to deal with the crowds.
We are doing the dessert party with plaza garden viewing for fireworks . Can anyone recommend a good spot to go from there to catch the second parade ? I’m short , so ideally if I could find somewhere that I’m not going get blocked by people would be great . Last time we watched the first parade in Frontierland. We sat right at the rope and had such a nice time chatting with some people who happened to sit next to us.
Is that still a good spot to head to after fireworks ?
Yes, Frontierland is still a good place to catch the second parade! From the FW party I’d recommend cutting behind the castle and looking for a spot near the Liberty Bell / Haunted Mansion. That bend in the road in front of the bell is a great spot for a head on view as the parade turns the corner.

Still trying to plan treat stations into our touring plans because I know young grandsons will not be able to focus on other things until they get a stash of candy- I see where certain locations have bonus trails-Does this means two trails happening at the same time, or you go through two different candy stations on the same trail? Which trails are the least crowded early in the party, since I know we won't be able to convince the boys to trick or treat later. Thanks everyone for the great info I've gotten on this thread to plan for our first ever MNSSHP on September 6!
I can’t say which lines would be shortest, because they fluctuate throughout the night. My strategy for trick or treating is walking through the park. I will head to rides I want to go on, and if a TOT station has a short line, I will go in it. I think it would be hard to TOT separately as I’ve collected treats from stations in some ride cues.

The stations that are in splash/thunder mountain area were quiet, (the rides were nearly walk ons for us as well) but set back enough that we went on the ride as well, because otherwise we would have doubled our walking to do it separately. I have been in some places where you collect from one station, then stay in line for a next one (a few years ago at philharmagic), maybe that’s a bonus? I have also gone to places like Pinocchio’s village Haus where there are two lines, which have each leading to a different door, meaning you would need to get in line twice to get treats from each station. That’s how I’ve noticed most stations are set up.

If you get into the party early, go through the Halloween bypass. Everyone gets a fairly big bag of candy to get them started. It might help settle your grandkids sweet tooth’s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter