"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure someone who has attended MVMCP might know as they have Club Tinsel dance party there. DescenDANCE Party starts at 7pm so I really don't see a problem. ?
I'm pretty sure they don't even close Cosmic Rays during MVMCP despite it hosting Club Tinsel and being a treat station so I wouldn't imagine they'd be closing it early to prepare for MNSSHP.

That's not what I've tracked for several years. Disney has always been very accommodating. I have never seen reports from those who purchase from a third party not getting a refund but UCT is very clear with their 90 day policy. :flower3:

I just realized I put “bad luck” but meant good luck! I was dealing with my 1 year old while typing it out and didn’t realize my error. Fixing that ASAP!

do you guys think the dessert party is worth it just to get a good spot for fireworks and not have to worry? since the fw are new? going aug 27

do you guys think the dessert party is worth it just to get a good spot for fireworks and not have to worry? since the fw are new? going aug 27

Big question this year. In the past, my answer has been no - not worth it and not needed (although I have personally done the dessert party the last two years... so my advice is different than my actions). For this year, I want to wait/see what things are like in the Hub prior to making a judgement. One would think with the added emphasis of projections and other castle elements, that will inevitably push more people to the Hub, making reserved viewing options like the dessert parties more desirable. But TBD if it’s on a HEA desirable level or a Hub is still manageable level (in my opinion).

I've heard of some people saying they don't do a good job policing the whole you must have a wristband to stay thing.

Does anyone think that's why the parties are getting so busy? I'd be pretty annoyed if people were taking advantage of things and making it more crowded for those of us who do pay!

This is our first MNSSHP, but we have attended the Xmas one years ago. I'm hoping it won't be too busy like shoulder to shoulder as I'm pretty claustrophobic.

We're mostly using the party to meet a few specific characters and watch the parade.

Anyone know how early we should get spots for the first parade if we watch it from frontierland?

I've heard of some people saying they don't do a good job policing the whole you must have a wristband to stay thing.

Does anyone think that's why the parties are getting so busy? I'd be pretty annoyed if people were taking advantage of things and making it more crowded for those of us who do pay!

This is our first MNSSHP, but we have attended the Xmas one years ago. I'm hoping it won't be too busy like shoulder to shoulder as I'm pretty claustrophobic.

We're mostly using the party to meet a few specific characters and watch the parade.

Anyone know how early we should get spots for the first parade if we watch it from frontierland?
I would say that the parties are getting more crowded because Disney is selling more tickets. Not because of day guests staying for the party. From what I've seen, CM's are really good at asking for wristbands and get pretty "aggressive" (probably not the right word) around 6pm, reminding people of park close and the party. People can't go on rides at all after a certain point without a wristband.

I would say that the parties are getting more crowded because Disney is selling more tickets. Not because of day guests staying for the party. From what I've seen, CM's are really good at asking for wristbands and get pretty "aggressive" (probably not the right word) around 6pm, reminding people of park close and the party. People can't go on rides at all after a certain point without a wristband.
I agree. We go in August when it’s super hot so it’s easy to see people’s wrists.
I’ve never noticed anyone without a wrist band.

The only time I never felt Disney really policed a wristband was for the first DAH I attended (when it was just the lanyard). The crowds were super low and people naturally filtered out so it wasn't an issue for me.

For MNSSHP and MVMCP CMs really do clear out the non-party goers. You get asked to show your wristband numerous times throughout the night. It happens as soon as you enter the bypass when day guests are exiting on a separate side, before getting free treats, before entering ride queues, etc. This was the same with VAH and DAH in HS this summer.

Sometimes I think the people that report no park clearing/enforcing just aren't particularly observant or just happened to be in places in their park travels where it wasn't particularly obvious. Both could easily happen. Pay close enough attention around major points of traffic flow and you'll almost certainly see evidence of quite active park clearing. But if you're deeper in the park, in line for stuff, on rides, etc during certain times, you may not see much.

Anyone receive the dreaded Fastpass cancellation email? Someone was asking me about fastpass selections on party days in a group on Facebook. I shared some folks have had success and the usual times and another lady chimes in (I’m assuming a TA) to be aware they may be canceled. Another lady said you can’t without being a pass holder or having a normal ticket for the day.

Last edited:
Anyone receive the dreaded Fastpass cancellation email? Someone was asking me about fastpass selections on party days in a group on Facebook. I shared some folks have had success and the usually times and another lady chimes in (I’m assuming a TA) to be aware they may be canceled another another lady said you can’t without being a pass holder or having a normal ticket for the day.

So far no one here has reported receiving the Dreaded FastPass Email and hopefully no one will receive it! :crazy2:

Last year I kept track of those who reported getting them on my Itinerary thread. I contacted each poster and made a thorough post about it on the 2018 MNSSHP Itinerary thread. It also includes helpful tips and WDW contact info. If you and/or your FB friends have questions or concerns I recommend checking it out. LINK

Anyone receive the dreaded Fastpass cancellation email? Someone was asking me about fastpass selections on party days in a group on Facebook. I shared some folks have had success and the usually times and another lady chimes in (I’m assuming a TA) to be aware they may be canceled another another lady said you can’t without being a pass holder or having a normal ticket for the day.

My FPs for 8/27 are holding strong. I have 3 days of FP booked on a 2 day base ticket and 1 party ticket. Friends traveling too also fine. There's are 11 days of FP booked on 10 day hoppers and a party ticket. No APs in the bunch.

Big question this year. In the past, my answer has been no - not worth it and not needed (although I have personally done the dessert party the last two years... so my advice is different than my actions). For this year, I want to wait/see what things are like in the Hub prior to making a judgement. One would think with the added emphasis of projections and other castle elements, that will inevitably push more people to the Hub, making reserved viewing options like the dessert parties more desirable. But TBD if it’s on a HEA desirable level or a Hub is still manageable level (in my opinion).
I participated in it for hea but actually didn't love the view, am i the only one? there were a lot of 'beams' in my way (light poles?) and we weren't center but more to the right and i felt lots of people in front of us and center really had better views.

No issues so far. I have a 5 day ticket plus one party ticket. I have my DHS FPs for 8/22, last day of the Disney part of our trip, and so far they are safe. I did take screenshots of them because they include slinky dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter