"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can meet Oogie Boogie at Not So Scary? I didn't see him on the list of meet-and-greets, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that occasionally he does "surprise" appearances for pictures. Anyone ever have any luck meeting him?

Does anyone know if you can meet Oogie Boogie at Not So Scary? I didn't see him on the list of meet-and-greets, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that occasionally he does "surprise" appearances for pictures. Anyone ever have any luck meeting him?

He’s never met at MNSSHP. I met him at the LTM Villains disaster at DHS in 2013 and he was at Saratoga Springs on Halloween 3 years ago.

We booked dinner at WL, did DAH at the Mk on our arrival day and opened a park the next day. It was just me and my grandson (7) and I am certainly not young. At home, I can't move until I've had coffee and a half hour of quiet, but at Disney I never seem to get tired. Once I'm home, it takes me a week to recover though!
This is me every time at Disney!

MAGIC SHOTS! Do any photographers make any Halloween magic shots before 7? We aren't doing any character greets, but want to trick or treat three or four places, ride the Pirates ride and Tea Cups with the Halloween changes plus Haunted Mansion, see the parade and fireworks (we will leave after the fireworks because we have younger kids). I don't know if we will have enough time for magic shots! Wish we could stick around after the fireworks but there is no way we can make it that long with our little guys! I wish the party stuff started before 6!

There is a Magic Shot thread that includes all parks and special events. I've been too busy to update but will take care of it soon. In the mean time you can still view 2018 MNSSHP magic shots with locations.

Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/

MAGIC SHOTS! Do any photographers make any Halloween magic shots before 7? We aren't doing any character greets, but want to trick or treat three or four places, ride the Pirates ride and Tea Cups with the Halloween changes plus Haunted Mansion, see the parade and fireworks (we will leave after the fireworks because we have younger kids). I don't know if we will have enough time for magic shots! Wish we could stick around after the fireworks but there is no way we can make it that long with our little guys! I wish the party stuff started before 6!

To piggyback @FoxC63 some of the generic shots you can get before the party but some are party specific so I don't think you can get them before 7, mainly bc their photographers aren't there yet to take them.

Count us in! We switched our December trip to late Sept and we were able to switch our MVMCP tickets to the MNSSHP on Sept. 29th!! th

It's been about 15 years or so since I've done a party but I remember loving the Halloween party. The Christmas one was just so-so.
I was happy they let us switch the tickets.

Other than the giving up the good weather I'm in favor of your switch lol. I too am so-so about the Christmas Party. It's nice, especially the parade with a Main St viewing, but it just didnt get me in the festive mood like Mnsshp does. Temper expectations if you haven't been in 15 years. Crowds are way higher and it seems the experience isnt quite the same for most who went to them back when you did. I think it's all about expectations, knowing what you want to do/accomplish, and keep an open mind. The party last year was different than 5 years ago but it was still a blast for us! Have fun and welcome to us :clown::joker:

Other than the giving up the good weather I'm in favor of your switch lol. I too am so-so about the Christmas Party. It's nice, especially the parade with a Main St viewing, but it just didnt get me in the festive mood like Mnsshp does. Temper expectations if you haven't been in 15 years. Crowds are way higher and it seems the experience isnt quite the same for most who went to them back when you did. I think it's all about expectations, knowing what you want to do/accomplish, and keep an open mind. The party last year was different than 5 years ago but it was still a blast for us! Have fun and welcome to us :clown::joker:
I have to admit, I'm not super excited about the hot humid weather! Lol
I've been reading up on the parties and I'm prepared for big crowds but I'm still hoping for one of the unicorn nights with light attendance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hmm, speaking of hot/humid parties... looking like schedules may work out so I can go to the 8/23 party, much earlier in party season than I normally go. Woohoo! :maleficen

I think I’m most excited/stressed about the new fireworks show. HalloWishes was one of the things that got me “hooked” on MNSSHP when we first went to one in 2014. I ‘hope’ the new show is just as good.

Hmm, speaking of hot/humid parties... looking like schedules may work out so I can go to the 8/23 party, much earlier in party season than I normally go. Woohoo! :maleficen

I think I’m most excited/stressed about the new fireworks show. HalloWishes was one of the things that got me “hooked” on MNSSHP when we first went to one in 2014. I ‘hope’ the new show is just as good.

We'll be at the same party and have the same sentiments (we also like BTY too though too), especially my DW. As long as there's perimeter fireworks we'll basically be satisfied still lol.

This is me too..... and I'm wondering how the new show and projections will affect the crowd in the HUB and if it will be like HEA.

This is me too..... and I'm wondering how the new show and projections will affect the crowd in the HUB and if it will be like HEA.

Me too. While I am excited for the new show, I really, really loved HalloWishes -- and I'll admit that I sometimes just put the soundtrack on because I love it so much---even in the middle of summer :-)

But I worry that the crowds will be worse than ever because (1) new show and (2) you really need to be front and center for the best projection views

It will most likely be madness in front of the castle with people scoping out good spots earlier then ever. :faint:

The good news, is that it will probably be the best time to ride rides, eat, get in line for a character and trick or treat if you’re not into the fireworks show. :)

It will most likely be madness in front of the castle with people scoping out good spots earlier then ever. :faint:

The good news, is that it will probably be the best time to ride rides, eat, get in line for a character and trick or treat if you’re not into the fireworks show. :)

This wont be me, but absolutely agree, especially in the far back corners of the park

Do you guys think 2 dessert parties in a row would be too much? I’m considering doing the dessert party for MNSSHP, but we have the regular dessert party scheduled the night before. Dates unfortunately aren’t flexible.

Do you guys think 2 dessert parties in a row would be too much? I’m considering doing the dessert party for MNSSHP, but we have the regular dessert party scheduled the night before. Dates unfortunately aren’t flexible.
For me, the dessert parties are as much (or more) about saving time than the desserts, so no. I don't think back-to-back would be too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter