"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow partiers, an annoying question:

Is it possible to do BOTH the firework dessert party with plaza garden viewing AND the Cruella snacks and drinks with parade viewing???? The Cruella event is down at Tony's and says the seating is for the 2nd parade. I would imagine the fireworks would be before the second parade.

Any thoughts on this??? I currently have the firework dessert party but want the good viewing spots for the darn parade.

Thanks in advance for helping a friend out!

This was addressed here by @Cluelyss -

"Corrrct, you can’t hold 2 ADRs within an hour of each other. You’ll either need to book Cruella’s under a separate MDE account if available or call in the reservation. Booking over the phone doesn’t trigger the overlap issue for some reason. " :flower3:

I laugh when I see the after-party plans for everyone. Once upon a time we did that too. Many years later, and a much older body has told me to plan something easier and later in the morning after a party night. Age will do that to you! :crazy:
I call it vacation and we can sleep at home.
Funny! We used to be the same way. I don't require as much sleep as dh....and I've learned that HE'S much easier going if I let him sleep in on occasion, especially after a party night.

We're doing the same lol
I am RD animal kingdom on my next day after the party. Try to get some sleep everyone!!!
We have a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill the next day. I figure we can sleep at home!
You guys are braver than we are! We made the mistake of doing a party on our arrival day last time and then forcing the kids to get up for a RD the next morning. Let's just say there were zero smiles in any of our castle pics 😆 That's why we still haven't bought tickets yet, because we're still debating whether we should do the Labor Day party and just plan to leave around 10 or do the party on the 6th since we leave the next day and don't need to be up for anything other than breakfast at the resort.

You guys are braver than we are! We made the mistake of doing a party on our arrival day last time and then forcing the kids to get up for a RD the next morning. Let's just say there were zero smiles in any of our castle pics 😆 That's why we still haven't bought tickets yet, because we're still debating whether we should do the Labor Day party and just plan to leave around 10 or do the party on the 6th since we leave the next day and don't need to be up for anything other than breakfast at the resort.

We don’t have kids so it’s much easier for us lol

We booked dinner at WL, did DAH at the Mk on our arrival day and opened a park the next day. It was just me and my grandson (7) and I am certainly not young. At home, I can't move until I've had coffee and a half hour of quiet, but at Disney I never seem to get tired. Once I'm home, it takes me a week to recover though!

We're doing the party and then will RD at HS the next morning at 6 AM too! It sounds crazy to me, but I plan to go back to the hotel to take a very long nap mid morning through the afternoon. We're hoping to do something with Star Wars that day.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fellow partiers, an annoying question:

Is it possible to do BOTH the firework dessert party with plaza garden viewing AND the Cruella snacks and drinks with parade viewing???? The Cruella event is down at Tony's and says the seating is for the 2nd parade. I would imagine the fireworks would be before the second parade.

Any thoughts on this??? I currently have the firework dessert party but want the good viewing spots for the darn parade.

Thanks in advance for helping a friend out!
I posted this upthread, but don’t know how to link to my original post, so I just cut and paste. Bottom line - yes, it’s possible.

“We are actually considering it ourselves. My "plan" is to attend the fireworks dessert party, watch the show from the garden, then head to Tony's for Cruella's. We may snack a bit (if we're at all hungry again yet), meet Cruella, and head out to the flagpole around 11:15/11:30. This gives us 45 minutes to an hour to relax at Tony's before the parade, then will likely head back in to Tony's to wait for the crowds to clear out. I know I would NOT be getting my money's worth out of treats at Cruella's by doing it this way, but let's be honest, I'm paying for the view, not the food.”

Funny! We used to be the same way. I don't require as much sleep as dh....and I've learned that HE'S much easier going if I let him sleep in on occasion, especially after a party night.

I get up an go...DH can meet up with me when it works for him.
Not as fun as going together, but sure as heck beats waiting around the hotel.

Has there been any information about the Halloween party yet? Characters, candy, surprises, shows?? It seems to be very quiet and it is sad that we have to wait until the first party to know what is happening out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter