"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
They label the tapstyles as event entrances and those are the ones you need to use to make sure your party tickets get used.

View attachment 416060

This picture is from After Hours but you can see above the tapstyle it's labelled event entrance. It's the same concept for MNSSHP.

Thanks for posting!
So there IS a designated party entrance? It certainly seemed so last year when we went, which is what I had posted to someone earlier in the thread.
I was going off this post:
To my knowledge no one reported Party Ticket and Park Ticket issues in 2018 but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. There were a few in 2017 this here was the worst. I recommend you scan your party ticket to avoid any issues.

I'm not sure how or why the rumor started about the Special Party Entrance only scans for party tickets got started but it's not true. All the entrance tap stiles at all the parks run exactly the same way. It is a computerized system. Other tap stiles will open up as well, this was confirmed by many in 2018, the earliest report can be seen here .

The last time we went to MNSSHP we were able to check in for the party somewhere in Tomorrowland near either Stitch or the Laugh Floor. We plan on spending the day in MK on our party day. Is this where the in-park check in was last year (I know it may change this year)? Also, does that still begin at 4? We have a meal at Skipper and were trying to figure out if we will be able to check in before or after our meal.

Just FYI, party tickets will technically allow you to book FPs any time that day. The MDE system just reads it as a park ticket... and a park ticket = the ability to make FPs during open park hours. Said another way, the system isn't smart enough to know party ticket = only can book FPs during certain hours. Now granted, from a practical matter since you can't enter until 4pm (2pm if DVC blue card), one needs to book what one can actually use, time wise.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for posting!
So there IS a designated party entrance? It certainly seemed so last year when we went, which is what I had posted to someone earlier in the thread.
I was going off this post:

It's the same as the tap styles, the system is looking for the next available ticket. The reason they have you line up on the far right is for the flow of traffic. Right side is for entering MK and left side for exiting. After you enter, CM's direct you to stay on the right because this is where you start your Halloween adventure, in the flow towards the Bypass.

We have confirmed data from fellow DISer's that expand more than a few years which I have posted. It's up to you to decide how you plan on entering MK - To Sheep or Not to Sheep.

"Arrived at the MK gates at 3:20, and the lines at some of the event entrances were already at least 50 deep. There was no cover, and it was insanely hot. However, there was an entrance where no one was standing yet between where the crowds were already lined up and the DVC entrance to the right. I walked over, asked a cast member if that one was going to open and was told yes, so we waited there in partial shade pressed up against the rope while most of the rest of the sheep kept lining up in the longest lines farther to the left. At about 3:55, our entrance opened, and we were literally the first people let in for the party (other than DVC, of course). "

Last edited:
I'm so sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but my brain is overloaded at the moment after doing fast passes this morning. This is our second MNSSHP, the first one we arrived right when the party started. This year we will be getting there at 4. I know you can get the wrist bands at stations when you get there, but do they hand out the candy bags as well? I can't figure out if we have to 'start' at a certain spot at 7 or if we can just go right into the party after doing a few rides.

During MNSSHP CM's will direct you towards the bypass,
This is what it looks like, Sorry but the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction! :blush:

After you enter from the tap styles, CM's will put the party wristbands on your right wrist. They do not hand them out, they put them on. Then you're directed towards the Bypass where the fun adventure begins! I recommend adding 10-15 minutes on your itinerary as there will be lots to do and people to go through.

Both types of Treat bags are available to pick up along with your first Bagged Treat.

Merchandise carts are also available.

Along with photo opportunities.

Please note the Bypass does close down later in the evening.

If you're already in the park you can get your party wristbands, Treat Bag / Allergy Treat Bag and bagged treat at one of three distribution locations. They begin at 4pm and last year they were at:
Adventureland: Tortuga Tavern
Fantasyland: Mickey's Philharmagic
Tomorrowland: Buzz Lightyear FastPass kiosks

I forget how many tap styles there are at MK but let's say there's 8, eight on the right and eight on the left. Following the flow of traffic you enter from the right. The furthest four or six on the right are designated MNSSHP entrances. What I'm saying @mckennarose is the remaining tap styles will open up as well. This has been confirmed repeatedly.

I can also confirm DVC have their own designated entrance. Not sure about AP holders, maybe someone can chime in.
Here's some more info from 2018 and I wager things will remain the same for 2019.

"Just confirming- we did get access to party merch before 4pm with the DVC early entry. We also were able to pick up the SotMK party card before 4pm. Post #6575

I just needed to show party band for merch and SotMK card.

Hey guys, we are going to our first party and first WDW trip this year! We are not huge character people but might change our minds, but we are very interested in all the entertainment and the rides. Is it worth doing a second party? I don't do well in heat and can't get a lot done in the day time if it's too hot, so it might be a good option, but...

During MNSSHP CM's will direct you towards the bypass,
This is what it looks like, Sorry but the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction! :blush:
View attachment 416185

After you enter from the tap styles, CM's will put the party wristbands on your right wrist. They do not hand them out, they put them on. Then you're directed towards the Bypass where the fun adventure begins! I recommend adding 10-15 minutes on your itinerary as there will be lots to do and people to go through.
View attachment 416186

Both types of Treat bags are available to pick up along with your first Bagged Treat.
View attachment 416190

Merchandise carts are also available.
View attachment 416188

Along with photo opportunities.
View attachment 416195

Please note the Bypass does close down later in the evening.

If you're already in the park you can get your party wristbands, Treat Bag / Allergy Treat Bag and bagged treat at one of three distribution locations. They begin at 4pm and last year they were at:
Adventureland: Tortuga Tavern
Fantasyland: Mickey's Philharmagic
Tomorrowland: Buzz Lightyear FastPass kiosks

If I'm already in the park before 4pm, can I still go in the bypass area with my party ticket??

What’s the advantage of the bypass vs scanning in elsewhere (assuming we arrive before 4 that is). Just the photo ops?

I'm a little fuzzy with this one but I do recall someone posted they went to the Bypass later in the evening around 7 or 8pm? and wanted to get photos taken but the Photopass photographers were gone by then. So if you want them I say try around 5:30-6pm.

Speaking of party tickets and the fact they scan as a park ticket did you know you can book a 4th FP on them? @Dean1953 posted about his experiment last year and will be attending this years party.

Remember anything you see in blue is a link! ;)

Where do we pick up SotMK card?

Main Street Fire Station. They usually have CM's passing them out on Main Street in front of the fire station. They will mark your party wristband with a black magic marker. They do shut things down later in the evening so don't wait too long.

You can also pick them up at Guest Services on your way out as long as they are available. - YMMV for 2019!

If you forget to pick them up and plan on being at MK later during your trip you can go into the fire station with your wristband. - YMMV for 2019!

Heads Up!

Touring Plans Least Crowded Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2019
is up!

Remember this is for the RIDES and not how many people in attendance.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/07/10/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2019/

Ugh. We were planning to go to the party on October 3 thinking a Thursday shouldn't be too crowded, but they have it ranked 29th which is almost the most crowded? Our plan was mostly just to do rides since we won't be visiting MK otherwise and aren't really interested in characters. I've only been to the parties at Disneyland, so I don't have much to compare it to. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why Thursday would be more crowded than Friday which they ranked at 18?

HI, newbie here planning to attend our first MNSSHP. We have tickets for Oct 24 and then yesterday we had a great opportunity come our way and we will be visiting WDW in August. My question is, we could change our party tickets to Friday August 23rd and cancel Oct. 24th. I would love to get some opinions on which date would be better and why. The August date will be the third party (and is cheaper) and on a Friday is that an issue. Help and input much appreciated. Catherine

Ugh. We were planning to go to the party on October 3 thinking a Thursday shouldn't be too crowded, but they have it ranked 29th which is almost the most crowded? Our plan was mostly just to do rides since we won't be visiting MK otherwise and aren't really interested in characters. I've only been to the parties at Disneyland, so I don't have much to compare it to. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why Thursday would be more crowded than Friday which they ranked at 18?

Remember these are only predictions it's not the Holy Grail. Take it with a grain of salt. :flower3:

HI, newbie here planning to attend our first MNSSHP. We have tickets for Oct 24 and then yesterday we had a great opportunity come our way and we will be visiting WDW in August. My question is, we could change our party tickets to Friday August 23rd and cancel Oct. 24th. I would love to get some opinions on which date would be better and why. The August date will be the third party (and is cheaper) and on a Friday is that an issue. Help and input much appreciated. Catherine
I'm not sure which one would be better. August will be much hotter so if you think the heat could be an issue, I would stick with October.

Why would you switch is it because of the Predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter