"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
First timers this year, planning on the 9/24 date. Trying to prioritize things at this point. As far as meet and greets, my DD's biggest request is to meet Jack & Sally. We plan on getting to the MK as close to 4pm as possible. Should we plan to get the M&G done and out of the way first thing? What time would you suggest to get in line?
Now onto the add-ons, pretty interested in either one of the dessert parties or the Cruella"s package. Any opinions on which to pick for a first timer? Are parade spots that difficult to find, especially for the second parade? Was leaning towards the garden view dessert party and finding spots for the parade in frontierland for the second parade. If we did do the dessert party, would we have time to see the first parade in frontierland? DD is only 5, I know she will love the parade and worried about the late one being too late. Need someone to make these decisions for me!!

First timers this year, planning on the 9/24 date. Trying to prioritize things at this point. As far as meet and greets, my DD's biggest request is to meet Jack & Sally. We plan on getting to the MK as close to 4pm as possible. Should we plan to get the M&G done and out of the way first thing? What time would you suggest to get in line?
Now onto the add-ons, pretty interested in either one of the dessert parties or the Cruella"s package. Any opinions on which to pick for a first timer? Are parade spots that difficult to find, especially for the second parade? Was leaning towards the garden view dessert party and finding spots for the parade in frontierland for the second parade. If we did do the dessert party, would we have time to see the first parade in frontierland? DD is only 5, I know she will love the parade and worried about the late one being too late. Need someone to make these decisions for me!!
I would go with garden party and second parade in Frontierland. You could do the first, but it would be tight, and you’d need to make sure you enter TT from behind the castle or you’ll be stopped in the hub by the parade (I speak from experience! LOL).

If Jack and Sally are your priority, plan to meet them as soon as you enter the park so you don’t lose any party time in line.

Last edited:

The value is in the reserved viewing area for all of these events. Whether it’s worth it is subjective, especially on top of the price for admission to the party. With a new fireworks show debuting this year, that will supposedly be more projection heavy like HEA, the garden party holds a higher value than in years past. Parade spots can be hard to come by (or require holding your place for an hour plus) so many are willing to pay not to have to do that. The view from the flagpole is arguably the best in the park, and Boo to You is arguably the best parade WDW puts on, so many will find value in the new Cruella add on (plus a villain M&G is included). It just really comes down to your priorities for the nigh, but yes, absolutely you can see both of these for “free” during the party. You’ll just be spending time instead of money to hold your spot. With limited party time available, this can be a bigger “cost” to many.
I can confirm that often times you waste more time staking out your viewing spot than you would at an add on event. A few years ago we staked out a spot for one and a half hours only to have an entire family cram in on top of us at the last second when they turned out the lights. We couldn’t see and there was a tense exchange .. it just put such a damper on the evening. Generally I am not much of a fan of event add ons but I’ve booked the dessert party with garden viewing to not have a repeat of last time and really just relax with my child .

Just an FYI for anyone planning on booking Cruella's, the price is either incorrect on the ADR page or there is a glitch. A booking for 2 adults and 1 child came to $205 ($35 for the child). A separate booking for 2 Adults came to $170. So it's not ringing up at the $99 +tax they are advertising. If it's a glitch, BOOK NOW, because it will get changed!! Also I can't tell if alcohol is included as none is advertised, just the statements that you need ID to purchase alcohol.

The Disney Parks Blog says "variety of beverages including beer and wine selections and more" so it does include alcohol. It is still up at $85/adult including tax so probably a glitch.

If I book this can I cancel it and get a refund?

Yes. You have a TWO day window to cancel. And I'll add, if you use a Disney Gift Card you may have to wait a while before you get your money back! That happened to me already. Not sure if it's a glitch but it took a month!

Yes. You have a TWO day window to cancel. And I'll add, if you use a Disney Gift Card you may have to wait a while before you get your money back! That happened to me already. Not sure if it's a glitch but it took a month!
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to go ahead and book this now, in case there is a price glitch. We'll make the final decision later.

I wonder if Disney will send out emails regarding the glitch. That's money out of their pockets and I doubt they'll like that once they catch it. :rolleyes1

Is it a 2 day window starting the day after you book? Or is it a 2 day window before the party?

Attending our first Halloween party this year and tempted to buy tickets to the Cruella event, but want to make sure I’ve explored all my options. Is there another add-on like this that is different? Anything else to consider? Thank you!

I wonder if Disney will send out emails regarding the glitch. That's money out of their pockets and I doubt they'll like that once they catch it. :rolleyes1
No, I suspect if they catch it and it truly is a glitch (it appears to be), then they'll just update the pricing to coincide with the $99+ tax that is advertised. That's why when I initially posted about the glitch, I advised everyone to book ASAP and cancel later if need be.

Attending our first Halloween party this year and tempted to buy tickets to the Cruella event, but want to make sure I’ve explored all my options. Is there another add-on like this that is different? Anything else to consider? Thank you!
There are two other dessert parties that you can find on the main Disney dining page. One with Plaza garden viewing for the new fireworks/castle show and one with Tomorrow Land Terrace viewing/seating for the fireworks/castle show. Cruella's is for a longer duration (3 hours, minus parade time), includes alcohol, and offers second parade viewing, but no reserved fireworks/castle show viewing. And at the moment, is ON SALE due to what appears to be a pricing glitch ($85 adult/ $35 child tax inclusive instead of $99+ tax as advertised).

Great catch @Cluelyss!

If this was for the first parade viewing at the lesser price point it is now, I'd actually buy it (and then cancel in a few weeks with buyers remorse lol),but it doesn't save me that much time with the second viewing imo.

The other add-on at the moment is the Firework Viewing Dessert party. Everyone's opinions and budget differ, but this add-on holds the most value to me than the Cruella one, especially with the new fireworks this year. I mean, I'm still not booking it but it definitely has value lol.

For those interested, One Day Memory Maker can be purchased via phone for $69. Photos can be taken between 6am-6am. If prices increase you will be locked in, no matter how many you buy. ;)

No, I suspect if they catch it and it truly is a glitch (it appears to be), then they'll just update the pricing to coincide with the $99+ tax that is advertised. That's why when I initially posted about the glitch, I advised everyone to book ASAP and cancel later if need be.
Thanks,I called in before because I wanted to use the money on a gift card and was charged the 99 plus tax a piece- ( couldnt use gift card on line- just cancelled it and booked online ) got the 85 - thank you so much - YAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter