"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far in advance do I need to buy tickets, to get the “advance purchase price?” I’d rather wait until we’re there, and have a relatively good idea about the weather forecast. We’re thinking of attending the 8/20 party, so I’d probably buy them around 8/17. And where would I go to buy them: my resort, a ticket booth, guest services, online? Is there any benefit to buying our tickets now vs. a few days before 8/20? (assuming/hoping it won’t be sold out) We have park hoppers and will be using our Fastpasses at Epcot that morning, and then we have an early dinner booked at Crystal Palace.

How far in advance do I need to buy tickets, to get the “advance purchase price?” I’d rather wait until we’re there, and have a relatively good idea about the weather forecast. We’re thinking of attending the 8/20 party, so I’d probably buy them around 8/17. And where would I go to buy them: my resort, a ticket booth, guest services, online? Is there any benefit to buying our tickets now vs. a few days before 8/20? (assuming/hoping it won’t be sold out) We have park hoppers and will be using our Fastpasses at Epcot that morning, and then we have an early dinner booked at Crystal Palace.
Advance purchase price applies up until the day of. Purchasing online would be the easiest option. I don’t believe you can purchase at your resort, and I’m not sure about ticket booths at parks other than MK? No advantage to purchasing early unless you are worried about a sellout or do not have a regular park ticket for the day and want to book FPs in advance.

We are planning on going Sept 2nd (the only party day of our trip). If I know for sure we are going, should I go ahead and buy tickets? We've never done the Halloween party. Do they usually sell out?

Advance purchase price applies up until the day of. Purchasing online would be the easiest option. I don’t believe you can purchase at your resort, and I’m not sure about ticket booths at parks other than MK? No advantage to purchasing early unless you are worried about a sellout or do not have a regular park ticket for the day and want to book FPs in advance.
Thank you!!! 😁

We are planning on going Sept 2nd (the only party day of our trip). If I know for sure we are going, should I go ahead and buy tickets? We've never done the Halloween party. Do they usually sell out?
I'd say if you know for sure you are going then I would buy them now just to get it out of the way. You never know if a party will be a sell out!
FIXED*

I agree with @ksromack for that reason, and I would also buy in advance if you wanted to book any FP in the 4-7 window - which is the main reason why I buy mine at least 60 days out.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been addressed previously, but this is my first time attending the party, and I'm just curious: for people who have gone before, do you prioritize attractions to take advantage of lesser wait times? Or do you focus more on the activities? I am so looking forward to the castle show and the fireworks and the parade, but also love the idea of being able do attractions at night.

Thanks for your insight!

Not sure if this has been addressed previously, but this is my first time attending the party, and I'm just curious: for people who have gone before, do you prioritize attractions to take advantage of lesser wait times? Or do you focus more on the activities? I am so looking forward to the castle show and the fireworks and the parade, but also love the idea of being able do attractions at night.

Thanks for your insight!
It really just depends what your priorities are. For our first one a few years ago, we had several other MK days so we didn’t focus on rides at all. We focused on party specific things such as special characters, trick or treating and the parade, fireworks and stage show. Now a few years later, we added a day after our cruise to go to the first party and since this will be our only time there this trip, we are focusing more on rides. Plus my boys are a few years older and not interested in meeting characters so that will free us up some time to still trick or treat. We’ll still do the parade and fireworks as well.

I agree with @ksromack for that reason, and I would also buy in advance if you wanted to book any FP in the 4-7 window - which is the main reason why I book mine at least 60 days out.

I can't get FP on top of my original three though right? We will have already been to another park or MK that day.

Thanks for your insight!

It really just depends what your priorities are.

I agree that it really depends on your priorities and how much time you've been able to spend in MK. For our family, we tend to focus on the special activities and the trick or treating. My kids look forward to getting tons of candy! We will do some of our favorite rides. But those are scheduled around the parades, fireworks, and the Hocus Pocus shows. We love the Halloween atmosphere and try to take advantage of everything offered that can't be done on a normal visit.

Thanks for your insight!

So, we’re more ride people than MNSSHP characters/activities people. We definitely hit treat lines when we come across them, special PhotoPass shots if we come across them and lines are short, will do at least one parade, and fireworks are a must... but we’ll (usually) all but skip characters and the stage shows. We hardly ever tire of many MK rides so can’t pass up the opportunity to ride with low/lower waits. Plus nighttime is the best time in the park.

The great thing about the parties (perhaps to a fault) is you can choose your own adventure to suit your needs/expectations. Definitely no one size fits all experience.

I'm debating the same thing as magicband.

This will be our first MNSSHP (going on 9/27). We've read through the Undercover Tourist's Guide to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (for 2019), but we're still not sure.

Our kids are older, well two of them (DD21, DS19, DD11), so we can stay late and save the treat lines for later in the night.
I've booked the dessert fireworks party, so we'll do that.
We'll definitely watch one parade... probably the later one after the fireworks

Otherwise, not sure about:
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular - not sure if this will hold the interest of our older children.
Character meet-greets... we discussed this... we would like to get pictures with Jack and Sally, and Lotso. I assume Lotso probably isn't a long wait, but not sure if we'd be willing to wait over an hour for Jack and Sally.
I could see shopping being popular for DW and DD's... so maybe plan time for that.

As for riding rides, I was thinking about going to MK during the day anyway... since the crowds should only be a "1" on the touring plans scale. I figure we can go back to the resort during early afternoon for a break/rest/nap, and then come back for the party.

I have reservations for the Jungle Canteen @ 3:55, but could change that if we think it won't work well with our plans.

I would definitely be interested in thoughts/opinions from others.

We hardly ever tire of many MK rides so can’t pass up the opportunity to ride with low/lower waits. Plus nighttime is the best time in the park.

Same here, especially about nighttime being the best time in the park.

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular - not sure if this will hold the interest of our older children.

I totally get that. I grew up with Hocus Pocus so I've gotta see it!

Thanks all for your perspectives, I really value the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!