"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just tried both online and on the phone for Sept 6..no availability online and the phone CMs have no idea what I am talking about

So just had a very helpful CM looking in to it for me. It hasn't sold out for any night but they have taken all the remaining tables out of the system whilst they fix the pricing issue. She told me to just keep checking back.

I was very surprised when my daughter (24) told me that she didnt think we should do this because of it taking time away from the party.... she's the Villains and Halloween nut (we would love for them to bring back club Villain)- I think that the time that it will eliminate from just grabbing a parade spot is super beneficial as well as having the assigned/preferred seating area. Once I explained to her that we got it for cheaper than the listed price ( thanks to the great info on the boards), that you can come and go and that it includes wine and beer(always an enticement for early 20 year olds-hey its vacation) she was much more into it. Also since there is the 2 day cancellation policy, I can wait and see how the reviews are as well ( we are going at the beginning of Sept). I'm curious since it's a come and go type of thing if that allows Disney to sell more tickets than a more closed and limited event. Hoping it wont be too crowded. I'm interest in the additional Halloween decor etc. It also states that it runs until 12:30 too... which I found interesting. Guess we can linger on the way out...

I was very surprised when my daughter (24) told me that she didnt think we should do this because of it taking time away from the party.... she's the Villains and Halloween nut (we would love for them to bring back club Villain)- I think that the time that it will eliminate from just grabbing a parade spot is super beneficial as well as having the assigned/preferred seating area. Once I explained to her that we got it for cheaper than the listed price ( thanks to the great info on the boards), that you can come and go and that it includes wine and beer(always an enticement for early 20 year olds-hey its vacation) she was much more into it. Also since there is the 2 day cancellation policy, I can wait and see how the reviews are as well ( we are going at the beginning of Sept). I'm curious since it's a come and go type of thing if that allows Disney to sell more tickets than a more closed and limited event. Hoping it wont be too crowded. I'm interest in the additional Halloween decor etc. It also states that it runs until 12:30 too... which I found interesting. Guess we can linger on the way out...

My thought process is pretty much like yours. I really like the come and go approach and that 12:30 end time is really good because you can duck back in there after the last parade while the masses leave, enjoy a drink and some snacks before heading out to a hopefully less congested transportation.

Sorry to hear you missed out. I was wondering how long it would take for them to notice.

I'm so glad I was able to get the lower price, because I don't think I would have done it for $425 but for $290 yes. I think the main reason I'm planning to keep it is that we will have reserved viewing area for the parade. The only thing I'm worried about is finding a place to watch the fireworks, ideally I would go check in at 9:30 grab some snacks and then find a spot to watch the fireworks. I really wish we were going to a later party to read all the reviews, but we are only there during the first party.

That's my logic too- we usually spend a significant amount of time holding a parade spot so it will be nice not to have to do that. The come and go aspect appeals to me too. We usually end up mobile ordering food while holding a parade spot and being able to pop in and grab snacks seems easier. I'm envisioning us checking in at the beginning, hanging out for a few minutes then grabbing a fireworks spot. Then one of us staying in a character line and the other going back up to grab us some things through the night hopefully.

Congrats to the eagle-eyed peeps who scored the cheaper prices! That’s really awesome!

I would still consider booking this at the regular price, but am wondering whether anyone thinks there would be good fireworks views from the reserved area. I know that they have projections this year and am thinking that the sea of humanity will block the castle and anything but the high fireworks if we are at the flagpole...correct? Did anyone try this at Tony’s during MVMCP? I looked through the thread but couldn’t find this, though I’m sure it was asked (probably a hundred times, lol).

ETA- just realized that they might not even open up the reserved area for the Cruella event until after the fireworks, in which case my question is moot.

We are struggling with deciding between:

1) Attend two parties, with one parent staking out spots for both the parade and fireworks
2) Attend one party, with the Cruella add-on, and hope our early bird kiddo can last
3) Attend two parties, one with Cruella, one with fireworks dessert party
4) Attend one party, with one parent staking out spots for both the parade and fireworks, and trade off for taking kid to TOT spots and doing the ride overlays.

UGH! Why is this so hard? This will be our last party for the foreseeable future due to school getting harder to miss, and hubby has never been, so I really want to maximize our time and be able to fit the special rides, maybe a couple of B-level characters, TOT, parade, Hocus Pocus show, and fireworks.

Last edited:
Someone posted about the glitch on the blog. lol

We are lucky to be going to two parties. Doing Cruella one night and the fireworks dessert party the other. We find these add ons are well worth it. I've had too many experiences with staking out a space and then getting pushed and bullied by last minute folks. So annoying.

What, seriously?! Must not have been a DISer!

Is there a glitch in the online booking? I went to book at it said $69 + tax & gratuity, not $99.
Mary on June 18, 2019 at 10:58 am

$69?! Did I miss something? Poor Mary, poor poor Mary. :dance3:
I know!!! WHY OH WHY would anybody point this out? 😑
And she was looking at the dessert party anyway, I believe, but I’m sure she helped them to consider taking a look at the pricing. Sigh.

Congrats to the eagle-eyed peeps who scored the cheaper prices! That’s really awesome!

I would still consider booking this at the regular price, but am wondering whether anyone thinks there would be good fireworks views from the reserved area. I know that they have projections this year and am thinking that the sea of humanity will block the castle and anything but the high fireworks if we are at the flagpole...correct? Did anyone try this at Tony’s during MVMCP? I looked through the thread but couldn’t find this, though I’m sure it was asked (probably a hundred times, lol).

ETA- just realized that they might not even open up the reserved area for the Cruella event until after the fireworks, in which case my question is moot.

We are struggling with deciding between:

1) Attend two parties, with one parent staking out spots for both the parade and fireworks
2) Attend one party, with the Cruella add-on, and hope our early bird kiddo can last
3) Attend two parties, one with Cruella, one with fireworks dessert party
4) Attend one party, with one parent staking out spots for both the parade and fireworks, and trade off for taking kid to TOT spots and doing the ride overlays.

UGH! Why is this so hard? This will be our last party for the foreseeable future due to school getting harder to miss, and hubby has never been, so I really want to maximize our time and be able to fit the special rides, maybe a couple of B-level characters, TOT, parade, Hocus Pocus show, and fireworks.

Last year during MVMCP, The Flagpole area was not blocked off until after the fireworks.

I'm considering this for Aug 16. I currently have a dessert party booked, but I wouldn't keep both.

Based on how this worked at Christmas parties
1. if I watch fireworks at the hub somewhere, and then work my way down to the flagpole area, do we have time to snack before the parade?
2. Is there any reason to get to the viewing area early? Are all of the spots ok?
3. Do we have time to get back to the castle for the last show the night?

I've been following the most recent posts that mention having to stake out spots for the parade and fireworks well in advance. (1+ hours?) Are they that much more crowded than regular parade and nighttime shows? We've never had to get there more than 20 minutes or so prior to get some pretty decent views although we have always gone in April/May during typically lower crowds. We've done the parades back in Frontierland and always had a great view. (I'd love to be near HM for the Halloween Party. Is this the most coveted spot?) We've watched fireworks from various places in the hub and thought most of the views were ok, even being a bit off to the side (bridge to Fantasyland). Maybe we've just had a lot of pixie dust in the past....

This is our first MNSSHP and We will want to ride some rides, maybe meet a few characters and see the Hocus Pocus show, Parade and fireworks. I honestly do not want to spend so much time waiting around as this may be our one and only Halloween Party. (Why can't we see/do it all!?!?! Wahhhh. :P )

I've been following the most recent posts that mention having to stake out spots for the parade and fireworks well in advance. (1+ hours?) Are they that much more crowded than regular parade and nighttime shows? We've never had to get there more than 20 minutes or so prior to get some pretty decent views although we have always gone in April/May during typically lower crowds. We've done the parades back in Frontierland and always had a great view. (I'd love to be near HM for the Halloween Party. Is this the most coveted spot?) We've watched fireworks from various places in the hub and thought most of the views were ok, even being a bit off to the side (bridge to Fantasyland). Maybe we've just had a lot of pixie dust in the past....

This is our first MNSSHP and We will want to ride some rides, maybe meet a few characters and see the Hocus Pocus show, Parade and fireworks. I honestly do not want to spend so much time waiting around as this may be our one and only Halloween Party. (Why can't we see/do it all!?!?! Wahhhh. :P )

It will depend on when you attend. Some parties sell out others don't. CM's check wristbands and sometimes they don't. You may want to read this 2018 review....

Here’s the Hub area ten minutes before HalloWishes began at 10:15pm, also on August 17th.

People are about eight deep on Main Street for the second Boo to You Parade, which steps off at 11:15pm.

Link: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/g...alloween-party-2018-at-disneys-magic-kingdom/

Well, now that I booked it and I'm super excited about it - even though I have no idea what it really includes, are there any reviews from last year?
For those doing the Cruella event- how does this affect the firework watching? I know it’s new and may not be a set answer, but this will be the only Halloween party we get to do this trip and would like to book this but would also like to make sure and see the new firework show! Will it be kind of a come and go like the dessert parties, or can you see the fireworks decently from there? It’s kind of off to the side some, right?
This event is new in 2019, so no reviews from last year. However, they debuted a similar event at MVMCP last year, which I can comment on!

We entered Tony’s around 9, loaded up on some treats, then left to go watch the fireworks. We had no problem finding a spot on Main Steet, but MNSSHP will have a new, projection-heavy show this year, so I’d imagine it will be more difficult to find a spot last minute. We then hung out by the flagpole until they opened the reserved area so we could be front and center. (The area was NOT reserved during the fireworks, nor would it be an ideal spot to watch. You will not be able to see the show at all from Tony’s). All of the reserved area has great parade views, but I wanted the castle in the background of my photos, so wanted that center spot. I then sent my hubby and kids back in for more snacks while I held our parade spot. So it’s very much a “come and go” event. It also runs until 12:30, so we went back in to wait for the party crowds to clear out before leaving the park. Now, with Cruella going table to table, not sure how that will impact guests coming and going (if you’ll have an assigned M&G time or not?) but would expect this to operate very similar to the Tony’s Christmas party from 2018.

If the fireworks are a priority, I would probably plan to get a good spot for them, then dine at Tony’s between the fireworks and the start of the parade. The parade won’t hit the flagpole until 11:30-ish, so as long as you’re not picky about your parade spot, you’ll have about an hour to snack.

It's crazy how much has changed in a few years, we went in 2015 and there was practically no one watching the second parade near the hub. I believe we sat on a wall towards tomorrowland until it started and was easily able to walk up to watch when it came by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter