"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fly down tomorrow and all I see is rain in the forecast! I expect rain in August and don't mind walking around with a poncho on. How much of the party will be cancelled if there are actual thunderstorms not just rain? Wondering if we need to look at coming to the party on Friday night as a back up just in case. Really don't want to do a 2nd night in the same week! This will be our first party.

I think I've read that the dessert parties are not refundable if the fireworks get cancelled.

I wanted to double check something before answering this last part.

Once you get your party wristbands on you are free to go in what ever direction you choose. So yes, you can by pass the Bypass. CM's will try to point you towards the Bypass but they will never force you.

You can always pick up both treat bags and packaged treat bags at the 3 main Wristband Distribution Locations as well which are in bold:

Wristbands can be picked up at:
the front of the park (as you enter) via Bypass
inside the Chamber of Commerce building on Main Street
near Buzz Lightyear
outside of Mickey's Philharmagic

Guest Relations window in Liberty Square
near Tortuga Tavern - I believe it's across PoC
Thanks again! If we can bypass the Bypass initially, I fully intend to go down it, just after getting the SotMK card. I just didn't want to have to loop back down to the beginning of Main Street if we didn't have to! But the Mickey's Philharmagic location will be a good back-up for us if we have to get moving to our Small World FP.

We did exactly this last year. Went to the firehouse right away to get our card and then walked down main street to get magic shots down main street instead of using the bypass. The cast members encourage the bypass but not required. It's mainly there to separate the day crowds from party goers to give out bags, merch, and candy earlier. Plus it helps with crowd flow control. Its listed somewhere among here, but the bypass does close at some point so if you want to go back to experience it just remember to do so before they close it.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the question about merch and APs.

In the Bypass there are a few merch carts. Someone asked an AP-related question about the carts.
I thought the question was: can you get an AP discount if you buy merch there? My answer was: I presume so but I didn't try.
If, on the other hand, the question was: are they selling the special AP merch in the Bypass? My answer is: I don't think so.

I was in Big Top Souvenirs in new Fantasyland and the castmember there said something about AP merch being kept behind the register which is to the left as you enter the store.

I assume they have AP merch in the Emporium.

The event map says the Emporium and Big Top Souvenirs have the full event collection, and Frontier Trading Post has full event trading pin assortment and MagicBands.

We fly down tomorrow and all I see is rain in the forecast! I expect rain in August and don't mind walking around with a poncho on. How much of the party will be cancelled if there are actual thunderstorms not just rain? Wondering if we need to look at coming to the party on Friday night as a back up just in case. Really don't want to do a 2nd night in the same week! This will be our first party.

I think I've read that the dessert parties are not refundable if the fireworks get cancelled.
Outdoor rides and characters will be shut down. Parades, fireworks and Hocus Pocus might be delayed and if the ground is wet the Headless Horseman will NOT ride (for the safety of the rider & horse).

If you would rather do a party on another night call to see if they can switch you and you can try to cancel the Dessert Party at the same time.

So the dessert party check in and seating was a bit of a joke. Waited 30 minutes just to be seated after they started checking guest in who were stuck in the long line.

Spoke to one of the managers, apparently they were trying something different. Instead of two separate podiums, they opted for two differ check in times, 8:45 for plaza and 9:15 for terrace. However, everyone showed up at 8:45. They also didn't have pre reserved tables for each reservation. So they would take you to whatever open table was available and it was not good for those in wheelchairs. All of the tables near the front were taken so guest in evc/wheelchairs had to keep asking guest to move their chairs so they could get through.

Outdoor rides and characters will be shut down. Parades, fireworks and Hocus Pocus might be delayed and if the ground is wet the Headless Horseman will NOT ride (for the safety of the rider & horse).

If you would rather do a party on another night call to see if they can switch you and you can try to cancel the Dessert Party at the same time.
Does Disney ever offer any compensation if the majority of the party events are cancelled due to storms? I know they can’t control the weather and the tickets are non-refundable with the party going on rain or shine...but it would be a major downer if the parades and fireworks are all cancelled and the rides go down for a significant time (especially with a short party time). Either way, we pack ponchos!

Candy report! I did every trick or treat stop at the first party. I had a jumbo size (2.5 gallon) zip loc bag inside a tote bag. It was crammed full.

Thank you so much! If you wouldn't mind, which trails/stops had the shortest lines in your opinion? We have littles who feel ToT stops are a priority, but we want to also try to ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion and see the parade. Plus I doubt we'll make it past 10pm with them!

Does Disney ever offer any compensation if the majority of the party events are cancelled due to storms? I know they can’t control the weather and the tickets are non-refundable with the party going on rain or shine...but it would be a major downer if the parades and fireworks are all cancelled and the rides go down for a significant time (especially with a short party time). Either way, we pack ponchos!

If you go to Guest Services early on they might offer another party day. If you insist on a refund make sure you bring original payment method with you or it can be added to your MDE account for a future visit. It does vary from year to year.

I will say if you're at the party and you stay there through the thick of it you may not see any compensation which I have to agree with Disney and this has been posted in the past. So go early or don't bother.

One year we went and it poured for most of the party, and I mean we were soaked through it was quite horrible. BUT the parade still went on just with no Headless Horseman. they still had the fireworks and it was still quite fun but If it was to rain like that again now that I have kids, no way would we be able to stay.

I will certainly call them. Might be better to do two parties anyway. Decisions, decisions!! Thanks.

This thread is wearing off on me. I’ve never really planned a party before - we’re more wing it folks - but I’m sitting here with the party map and a spreadsheet. I hate myself.

And I’m contemplating that MNSSHP “pass” which is really making me hate myself too.

Blah! :surfweb:

Does anyone know if you can purchase the Lotso burger at Cosmic Ray's between 4-7? I would love to eat early and I really want to try it, but don't' want to waste a lot of party time getting food at CR.

We have one party booked for Sept 10th, we are actually at WDW for quite a while and there will be 8 parties while we are there.
How much extra does it cost to upgrade to the pass? And where can I upgrade it?
We are a party of 2 adults and 2 kids (one is under 3) we have a babysitter scheduled for our Party night but if we get the pass then maybe I can cancel because we will have plenty of party time at the others.

Sorry if this was answered already but i was wondering what time the Hitchhiking Ghost Buckets and Sipper were available for purchase? I know each one is sold at separate locations but were they available prior to 7:00pm as long as you have your wristband?

Random question, and I am sorry if this has already been answered! Can you see the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show from the plaza garden viewing area if you are attending dessert party? Trying to decide between 8:30 hocus pocus and 10:45 show. I have kids ages 7 and 11 but we are all pretty short, and fighting our way towards the castle stage is always super hard! Thanks for everyone's great advice on this board so far!

Sorry if this was answered already but i was wondering what time the Hitchhiking Ghost Buckets and Sipper were available for purchase? I know each one is sold at separate locations but were they available prior to 7:00pm as long as you have your wristband?

It's been posted 6:30pm, lines are long so be prepared.

Unfortunately, no DAS at the party. This is why we will sadly be skipping most of the characters.
They do have accessible viewing area in hub. In the past open for 1st & 2nd parades as well as FW.

Did read comments re not having it up the first night for 2nd parade.

Several years ago we were at a party where there was torrential rain and lightening and thunder. We were in the HM and the ride stopped for quite a while when we finally got off my nephew was so upset he just wanted to leave. I did stop at guest services Town Hall before we left and they refunded tickets. It was around 8:00 pm. By the time we walked out and stopped for him to use restroom there was a huge line waiting outside the bldg. we headed toward the exit and there were CMs giving out cards that were good for one day at MK to people who were leaving. I have been a few more times when there was rain but never as bad as that night and I have never seen them give out cards like on such a large scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter