"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more comments from the first party

PLEASE take note of this -- I was very surprised that there were so many people leaning up against the fence outside the dessert party. I assumed that this would not be allowed and at 10:10, the whole fence line was mobbed with people, some of whom had been there since the first parade. At 10:13, security came by and moved them all out. Good for dessert party viewers, especially kids and those in wheelchairs. However, I felt bad for the people who been standing there for for so long to find out 2 minutes before the show that they were not in a viewing area. I didn't understand why someone hadn't told them sooner.
Apparently there was the same issue with the second parade and the reserved Cruella party crowd. Instead of monitoring it from the beginning, people were kicked out minutes before the parade after waiting for while.

What time do the overlays start? Want to make sure I plan accordingly for Pirates and Lady Renatta. I'm probably dating myself but to they still do the ghost party on the Riverboat?

Overlays all start at 7.

I’ve been attending parties for 5 years and have no idea what a ghost party is, LOL, but it sounds amazing!!!!

Thanks so much!

Lol definitely dating myself. Right around 2002 I think? They used to have a bunch of cast members dressed up as ghosts from the Haunted Mansion. They would do a "scary storytime" (it was usually more comedic than scary) on the riverboat, do a little dance party meet and greet type thing and then get off and go over to the Haunted Mansion. It ran a couple of times a night if I remember right. I haven't been to a party in years. Last Halloween party I went to Esmerelda did a Topsy Turvy party time with Phoebus, Clopin, and Quasimodo over by Ariel's old grotto. Still bummed they don't really bring the Hunchback characters out anymore. We're going back for Halloween parties starting this year so we're trying to get our bearings again.

Planning question-in general, on an average crowd night (I realize that meaning is debatable!), what would be the minimal amount of time we should stake out a close enough spot for littles/short people for the first parade from the Liberty Square bridge or Riverboat walkway , and the minimal amount of time we should then try to stake out a spot for the fireworks? Suggestions to where is the best area we could make a faster exit from yet still see the projections? Would like to see the varying answers and come up with an average, I guess! I was thinking 20-30 minutes for the parade, but 15-20 for the fireworks from previous blogs and vlogs I have been reading-

Last year was permitted to line up, check in for dessert party without rest of my group present. Came back an hour before stated time & was told to go pick a table. Snagged one at railing with great FW viewing spot. They didn’t even have the food out. It was nice just to rest my sore foot. I was not alone, multiple solo people filed in after me. Our families were out having fun. Well, mine were in line for Ooogie Boogie popcorn buckets.

So, it appears ALL in party must be present & entry is just a few minutes before actual start time now? Are tables pre-assigned too or do you get to choose as in the past?

I’m a hair away from cancelling Cruella for early Oct. the food offerings are really a big deal breaker for us. Reviews are rather solidly dismal, that rarely happens. Had wished it would cover the first parade too vs the later. Just don’t know if i’m Willing to book dessert party if it’s changed much from last year either.
:confused3

Pooh's line is MADDENING. Every group wants to hug everyone hello, give stupid gifts to everyone, take stupid pictures, take pictures with everyone individually, take group photo, hug everyone goodbye, get pic waving goodbye. Then, oh hey, it's time for Pooh to go wrap gifts.
I shouldn’t be lol but I am. You pretty much summed it up
It was like that last time with the hyenas at the DVC party. I swear people took 10 different pic set-ups, then did autograph books, then something else. I wanted to pull my hair out!
have done most of the afterhours DVC parties. Another spot on description.

I get people want ‘their money’s worth’ after waiting in such long lines to meet rare characters. If the CMs would be instructed to follow a time limit per person/group, it would be better all around.

Based upon attending the parties for decades (often multiple times per season), one thing has become apparant to me: You can predict things only to a certain degree as to crowd flow. Not quite as cut & dried as regular park hours. Think of it as a night in the parks with multiple tour groups. Sometimes you just have to go to plan B or skip a step or two to get to your most important items on the to-do list.

Those of you who like to help tweek itineraries please look over mine, for Friday Sept 6-made with the help of Touring Plans-

Enter at 4, allow 50 minutes for soaking up atmosphere and watching some of 440 Move It Shake It parade-

Go through Tomorrowland and ride Tea Cups and Pooh (with 430-530 FP) from 5-530-not interested in Tea Cups overlay
Columbia Harbor House from 530-6
Small World, Carousel, (which should have shorter lnes)and either Under the Sea and/or Dumbo depending on the lines from 6-7
Monsters Inc Treat Trail and see some of Dance Party from 7-730
Pirates of Caribbean from 730-8
Treat stops at Splash Mountain and/or Tom Sawyer Island Dock from 8-815-we heard these were usually not over busy-
Haunted Mansion from 815-845
Find a spot in Frontierland or Liberty Square to watch parade -845-945
Find a spot for Fireworks or leave the park if the littles are exhausted-
I’d eat late lunch (as main meal of day) outside the park before entering. Some nice CS options in the monorail resorts or Hoop De Doo & some time for the kids to burn off some energy on the play ground there might fit the bill.

The half hour times you’ve allocated for PoC & HM rides could be underestimated, just depends on crowd flow. HM always seems to have a long line no matter when on party nights. PoC usually tends to lessen as night progresses. Depends on the meet & greet popularity

Never had an issue with waiting in line long for ToT trails but we just do a few early on, then later in party when the crowds thin after FW, it’s basically walk through type of thing.

In past years: how is stitch’s line near the 2nd parade? Or is it better to line up before the party starts? What time?
We went there first thing last year for a weekday party. probablyl should’ve lined up 20 min or so before actual start time. Lesson learned a little over 1-1/2 hours there. Nice to be inside, AC. I was surprised as to the relatively long length of time & how often they switched out the character. it was worth it to see Elvis Stitch. :). The actual amount of time of interaction per party seemed shorter, perhaps because it skewed more heavily towards adults.

We’re their any cool photo ops this year that’s new? I think someone said you can get photos with the grave diggers? That’s awesome if so.

I’m big into photos and memories stuff

Okay after seeing videos of the first party I have decided we (adults only) only care for the Parade and Fireworks and the rest of the time devoted to rides. With that being said which parade would be best to attend for easy ride access? We do not need to have the "perfect spot" just one where we can see the floats go by. I know the second parade is much less crowded, but wouldn't the ride wait times be better during this parade as well?

I have finally gotten just stuck in planning-like I literally can't think straight about it anymore-help me please!

For our party day and the day after we will be sleeping in and relaxing at the resort with the intention of staying at the party until they turn the lights off :)

We are planning on going to the labor day party-wondering if that's a good idea or not, haven't gotten the tickets,can change to the party on the following Sunday, but prefer not to. Which would you choose?

Does going to the dessert party save any time at all? We want good spots for the FW's and will be seeing the 2nd parade. DS is wanting to get the dessert party so we aren't having to stake out a spot an hour ahead of time. I'm ok with getting the tickets, but only if it helps with our time.

We are eating at the castle at 2:45PM-we want to do Stitch-J&S- maybe Captain Jack and the Pooh gang-want to ride PoTC, Space-HM-suggestions on best way to do this? I figure ToT can wait to the very last thing we do.

How do they handle the DAS holders during the party? If there are no fastpasses given during parties, do they even still use the DAS system?

I haven't broken this down by exact times yet, but would it possible to meet Elvis Stitch, Pooh and friends, and Donald and Daisy before 8:30? We're not planning to TOT, plan to go to the dessert party, watch the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show, and watch the second parade. We had no problem doing all three meets last year, but it was a very rainy party which I think kept waits down.

I haven't broken this down by exact times yet, but would it possible to meet Elvis Stitch, Pooh and friends, and Donald and Daisy before 8:30? We're not planning to TOT, plan to go to the dessert party, watch the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show, and watch the second parade. We had no problem doing all three meets last year, but it was a very rainy party which I think kept waits down.

I think you totally can if you go to Elvis stitch first then go back to storybook treats to knock the others out

Okay after seeing videos of the first party I have decided we (adults only) only care for the Parade and Fireworks and the rest of the time devoted to rides. With that being said which parade would be best to attend for easy ride access? We do not need to have the "perfect spot" just one where we can see the floats go by. I know the second parade is much less crowded, but wouldn't the ride wait times be better during this parade as well?
Just a quick note... I thought that the second parade would be much less crowded when we attended the MNSSHP last year and I was surprised by how many people stayed for the second parade. We watch in Frontierland and it was several people deep on the parade route.
We're still doing the second parade this year, but definitely stake out a spot at least a half hour before the parade starts. It probably varies on different dates but I just wanted you to know our experience.

My husband and I are attending by ourselves and we have the same goals. I was wondering the exact same thing myself! I’ve heard the ride wait times are low during the second parade. I definitely don’t need front row spot to the parade either.

As long as nothing changes this year, Pooh gang and Elvis Stitch both start meeting at 6:30. Even if you are first in line fir one, by the tone to get to the second you’ll be looking at 60-90 minute waits. I’d recommend lining up for Pooh at 5:30, head right to Donald’s line as soon as you’re done and save Stitch for later in the night.

We’re their any cool photo ops this year that’s new? I think someone said you can get photos with the grave diggers? That’s awesome if so.

I’m big into photos and memories stuff
Gravediggers were new last year, but are a cool M&G. They meet in the liberty square gazebo. There’s a new Evil Queen animated magic shot by the fantasyland wall, but that’s the only new one I’ve seen.

How bad are waits for Jafar, Cruella, and Queen of Hearts? Trying to maximize on characters and also catch fireworks, the castle show, and the parade.

I've come to find that we royally lucked out at the Christmas party we did last year and should not expect short lines for the characters.

I’m getting so excited for this party ! Ours is the second last party though so I’m expecting it will be mobbed. It was that or actual Halloween so it is what it is. We will need to make a solid plan. The Plaza Garden dessert party is worth it to us to get a secure spot where we can see the fireworks.
Now just to finish our costumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter