"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one party booked for Sept 10th, we are actually at WDW for quite a while and there will be 8 parties while we are there.
How much extra does it cost to upgrade to the pass? And where can I upgrade it?
We are a party of 2 adults and 2 kids (one is under 3) we have a babysitter scheduled for our Party night but if we get the pass then maybe I can cancel because we will have plenty of party time at the others.
You would pay the difference between the cost of your existing party ticket and the cost of the pass, which I believe is $299. Contact guest services to upgrade!

My sister and I decided this morning to go to Friday's party and bought our tickets online. We can just use one of our active magic bands to get in to MK and for our FP right?

Random question, and I am sorry if this has already been answered! Can you see the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show from the plaza garden viewing area if you are attending dessert party? Trying to decide between 8:30 hocus pocus and 10:45 show. I have kids ages 7 and 11 but we are all pretty short, and fighting our way towards the castle stage is always super hard! Thanks for everyone's great advice on this board so far!

The show is visible from the garden and you can stay there after the fireworks... but to me the location is a bit too far from the stage to make it a good view. Passable yes, but you’re still relatively far away for stage show standards. We’d rather walk a bit closer into the Hub for viewing. But staying in the garden to let crowds die down then adjusting at show time if needed is worth a consideration.

The show is visible from the garden and you can stay there after the fireworks... but to me the location is a bit too far from the stage to make it a good view. Passable yes, but you’re still relatively far away for stage show standards. We’d rather walk a bit closer into the Hub for viewing. But staying in the garden to let crowds die down then adjusting at show time if needed is worth a consideration.
Thanks for the quick response!

We did a plaza fireworks viewing beck in February so I have an idea of what to expect for the MNSSHP fireworks party we have booked. when we did the party in Feb we went at check in an took our time eating and then went and sat down in garden concerned with a good spot....which was unnecessary as we waited a LONG time for the fireworks to start...we were sitting and relaxing for like 40 min..... It shows check in at 845, but I am deliberating on the actual arrival time. There will be 6 in our group. no little kids, just a 11 and 12 yr old and 4 adults. We will likely not take too long to eat and then make our way to the garden to sit and relax. Wondering if 915 would be better , not having too much sitting and waiting for the show to start, or if we should go in at check in time....then maybe have time for Buzz ride or space mountain and then go watch fireworks per my touring plans suggestions ?? Thoughts, experiences ?

I am debating if we should buy tickets for Friday August 30th... Issue is we fly in that night and don't land until 9:45PM. Would still need to check into resort (OKW) and get over to MK... I know it ends at midnight. We'd be only going for the rides, but not sure if only getting about an hour and half if we are lucky is worth it.

I am debating if we should buy tickets for Friday August 30th... Issue is we fly in that night and don't land until 9:45PM. Would still need to check into resort (OKW) and get over to MK... I know it ends at midnight. We'd be only going for the rides, but not sure if only getting about an hour and half if we are lucky is worth it.

No way would I spend the money for an hour.

So I bought the MNSSHP pass because I already had 2 parties bought and I didn’t realize that I am arriving on Friday the 13 which is also a party night so with the length of my trip I can do 4 parties!!! OMG I am nuts but al least I won’t have to rush anything. Guest services gave me credit for the 2 parties and I paid the difference.

I just watched The Dis's livestream of the fireworks from this year and then from last year to compare. Hallowishes has been my hands down most favorite fireworks show since I first saw it in 2012. I don't hate this new show, but I don't love it yet either. HW always had me bouncing and dancing around to the music, this one not so much. However, the castle projections are 1000x better. You can actually tell what they are and they are fully animated. The pyrotechnics are also IMHO larger and amazing. I think they do a 180 like Hallowishes did but they seemed larger to me in the new show. But the music...I like the new Trick or Treat song, it was cute, but WHERE IS MY VILLAINS MIX?! WHERE IS GRIM GRINNING GHOSTS?! AND BARELY ANY OOGIE BOOGIE?! I hope they at least played the villains songs throughout the park all evening?

We did a plaza fireworks viewing beck in February so I have an idea of what to expect for the MNSSHP fireworks party we have booked. when we did the party in Feb we went at check in an took our time eating and then went and sat down in garden concerned with a good spot....which was unnecessary as we waited a LONG time for the fireworks to start...we were sitting and relaxing for like 40 min..... It shows check in at 845, but I am deliberating on the actual arrival time. There will be 6 in our group. no little kids, just a 11 and 12 yr old and 4 adults. We will likely not take too long to eat and then make our way to the garden to sit and relax. Wondering if 915 would be better , not having too much sitting and waiting for the show to start, or if we should go in at check in time....then maybe have time for Buzz ride or space mountain and then go watch fireworks per my touring plans suggestions ?? Thoughts, experiences ?

Same boat here. I think we need more real world reports and experience from this new show, but in the past I would have said to casually make your way over whenever you feel like it. I’ve never come close to checking in on time.

But, not sure what to make of things now with an increased Hub focus for the show and seemingly more dessert party demand. I think we need some more reports over time to figure out just what to do.

I would say no. You're time line is very dependent on your flights coming in on time, a quick trip to your resort, easy check-in, fast trip to MK. I can't see that the small amount of time you might have would be worth the cost of a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter