"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, other than hopping in line as soon as you arrive, when would be a good time to attempt to meet with Jack and Sally? Oldest DD really wants to meet them, but we have 7DMR FP for 410. If we manage to get on the ride earlier in the trip, I will probably cancel the FP, but just in case....

TL

So, other than hopping in line as soon as you arrive, when would be a good time to attempt to meet with Jack and Sally? Oldest DD really wants to meet them, but we have 7DMR FP for 410. If we manage to get on the ride earlier in the trip, I will probably cancel the FP, but just in case....

TL

Sdmt has long lines throughout the night but Jack and Sally are much worse. It'll probably cost you less time overall if you go in their line first, then do sdmt standby during the party, ideally later in the night.

Pooh's line is MADDENING. Every group wants to hug everyone hello, give stupid gifts to everyone, take stupid pictures, take pictures with everyone individually, take group photo, hug everyone goodbye, get pic waving goodbye. Then, oh hey, it's time for Pooh to go wrap gifts.

Never again.

I absolutely HATE when people do that. I know they've all been waiting as long as I have, but if people took 1 minute, maybe 2, instead of 5-6, imagine how quick these lines would move. We take our pic and move on. I don't have to talk to them for 4 minutes!!! By the time I hit the front, I already have a plan of exactly how I want pics, etc. and everyone steps up in that order. Yes, here and there we might have some spontaneous character interaction, but I try to make it minimal!!

It was like that last time with the hyenas at the DVC party. I swear people took 10 different pic set-ups, then did autograph books, then something else. I wanted to pull my hair out!

If 2 weeks before she should be fine. My teeth were usually achy the day after adjustments and maybe the next day. Since they will be new she may have issues with chewing with her mouth open. My mom got on to me for that several times. Maybe think about snacks that if she sucks on them they will break down some from saliva like packs of flavored cracker or mini ritz with PB.

Thanks!!

@nicky89 that's a clever idea! Some of the false eyelash adhesives are so strong you need to use a remover to get it off! Nathan, if you think about it women who wear false eyelashes sweat on their faces too and their lashes don't budge. I don't know what this super industrial product is called but I use this and it's okay. It comes in black or clear.
View attachment 426704 Source: Amazon
Hopefully others will chime in!
Duo is a pretty good one and probably one of the easiest to find as well. It has never failed me even sweating like crazy in dance recitals and competitions in mid summer in a theater with no a/c so i’d say it should work well

Those of you who like to help tweek itineraries please look over mine, for Friday Sept 6-made with the help of Touring Plans-

Enter at 4, allow 50 minutes for soaking up atmosphere and watching some of 440 Move It Shake It parade-

Go through Tomorrowland and ride Tea Cups and Pooh (with 430-530 FP) from 5-530-not interested in Tea Cups overlay
Columbia Harbor House from 530-6
Small World, Carousel, (which should have shorter lnes)and either Under the Sea and/or Dumbo depending on the lines from 6-7
Monsters Inc Treat Trail and see some of Dance Party from 7-730
Pirates of Caribbean from 730-8
Treat stops at Splash Mountain and/or Tom Sawyer Island Dock from 8-815-we heard these were usually not over busy-
Haunted Mansion from 815-845
Find a spot in Frontierland or Liberty Square to watch parade -845-945
Find a spot for Fireworks or leave the park if the littles are exhausted-

Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the last 180+ pages :)

Are the tickets mailed, 'will-call' or no physical ticket and just linked to your MDE Plans ?
If mailed, how long do they take to arrive ?

Thanks 🎃
Depends on the method of delivery you chose when purchasing. Email is the default setting, so if you don’t remember selecting a delivery method, they were emailed. Check your junk folder. They should also be linked directly to your MDE profile, regardless of delivery method. They will show up in tickets, not plans.

In past years: how is stitch’s line near the 2nd parade? Or is it better to line up before the party starts? What time?

Those of you who like to help tweek itineraries please look over mine, for Friday Sept 6-made with the help of Touring Plans-

Enter at 4, allow 50 minutes for soaking up atmosphere and watching some of 440 Move It Shake It parade-

Go through Tomorrowland and ride Tea Cups and Pooh (with 430-530 FP) from 5-530-not interested in Tea Cups overlay
Columbia Harbor House from 530-6
Small World, Carousel, (which should have shorter lnes)and either Under the Sea and/or Dumbo depending on the lines from 6-7
Monsters Inc Treat Trail and see some of Dance Party from 7-730
Pirates of Caribbean from 730-8
Treat stops at Splash Mountain and/or Tom Sawyer Island Dock from 8-815-we heard these were usually not over busy-
Haunted Mansion from 815-845
Find a spot in Frontierland or Liberty Square to watch parade -845-945
Find a spot for Fireworks or leave the park if the littles are exhausted-
Looks good! You’re criss-crossing the park a bit before the party starts, so may want to see if you can rearrange that some - could you eat somewhere in FL or TL instead? Otherwise, the only area where you may not be allowing enough time is HM. That line can be 30 minutes minimum, plus the ride time - I’d budget 45-60 minutes total to be safe. Have fun!

Those of you who attended Friday night - where were the hitchhiking ghosts and hatbox ghost magic shot photo locations? All I can find is “Liberty Square” - thank you!!!

So exciting hearing all the reports from the first party, cannot wait to hear more as time goes on. It will be our first party on 9/24, been to the Christmas party but never been to Disney this time of the year before. I do have the Dessert party , garden view booked. Original plan was to see the 2nd parade after the fireworks, but thinking it just might be a bit too late for my 5 year old. I know check in for the party is 845pm, what is the latest time to check in? The purpose of booking the dessert party was more for a reserved spot for the fireworks rather than eating a ton of desserts. If we watch the 1st parade in Frontierland, walk behind the parade and back around the castle, could we make it to check into the dessert party in time to grab our band, maybe a dessert or 2 to go and find a firework viewing spot?

If not, please give me a suggestion of where to watch the parade and be able to stay in the same spot to watch the fireworks and I will cancel the dessert party. What time would you plan to find this said place to watch both?

Ugh I do not know what to do! We plan resting all day, spend some time at the pool and maybe nap for a couple of hours; however, DD is a horrible day-sleeper and only praying she will sleep some, if thats the case, will watch 2nd parade but do not want it to turn into miserable night.

Those of you who attended Friday night - where were the hitchhiking ghosts and hatbox ghost magic shot photo locations? All I can find is “Liberty Square” - thank you!!!
Hitchhiking Ghosts we’re right by the gazebo. Hatbox was by the liberty belle queue and the Mansion. Look for a photographer set up with a black curtain backdrop for people to sit on.

We want to focus on rides, shows, the parade and fireworks. No dessert parties. No photo package. Probably no meet & greets. Hardly any TOT as well. The one time we went our kids were little and we focused on TOT, photos and the meet & greets. Going Monday, September 2.

If we are there 4-midnight, will we be able to complete the following or are my goals set too high? This will be our only time in MK since 9 years ago.

* 10 rides/attractions (Buzz Lightyear, Monsters, PeopleMover, Mad Tea Party, 7DMT, Philmarmagic, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates Caribbean)
* DescenDANCE
* Villian Spelltacular, the headless horseman, parade, and fireworks
either 8:30 VS, 9:05 HH, 9:15 parade and 10:15 fireworks OR 10:15 fireworks, 10:45 VS, 11:05 HH, 11:15 parade
* I'd like to get a Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket if they are available by then

Looks good! You’re criss-crossing the park a bit before the party starts, so may want to see if you can rearrange that some - could you eat somewhere in FL or TL instead? Otherwise, the only area where you may not be allowing enough time is HM. That line can be 30 minutes minimum, plus the ride time - I’d budget 45-60 minutes total to be safe. Have fun!
Thanks! I'm thinking of going straight to HM after pirates, and then after the parade going to the treat stations at Splash and TSI dock to give the parade time to clear out before we try to find Fireworks Spot or leave-that would give us 45 minutes to an hour for Haunted Mansion. I do have us doubling back before the party going from Fantasyland to CHH, but that is pretty much across from Small World, then heading back to finish in Fantasyland before the Monsters Inc things, a priority with our littles! I have eaten in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and hope to avoid it, lol, and we LOVE CHH food and the quieter area upstairs! I appreciate you taking your time to help so much!

Thanks! I'm thinking of going straight to HM after pirates, and then after the parade going to the treat stations at Splash and TSI dock to give the parade time to clear out before we try to find Fireworks Spot or leave-that would give us 45 minutes to an hour for Haunted Mansion. I do have us doubling back before the party going from Fantasyland to CHH, but that is pretty much across from Small World, then heading back to finish in Fantasyland before the Monsters Inc things, a priority with our littles! I have eaten in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and hope to avoid it, lol, and we LOVE CHH food and the quieter area upstairs! I appreciate you taking your time to help so much!
That sounds better! Have so much fun!!!!!

Hm. After reading some of the reports on this thread, as well as the bloggers, I'm very conflicted about Cruella's. I may ditch it just because I've already got some pricier restaurants on my list. Even in the negative reviews, though, I thought the food looked just fine and it might still be a nice respite from the party, particularly if it rains like it did at my party last year.

Besides Jack & Sally, are there any other character lines that will check you into the party while waiting? We have a 3:15 LTT dinner and would like to head right over to Moana's spot after. If they aren't checking in on Moana's line, where is the closest check-in area to either LTT or ETR?

Popcorn Pail
View attachment 426358
Available now at popcorn carts around Magic Kingdom, you can grab this not so scary bucket for $10.00! You can also get refills on your popcorn for $2.00 the rest of the day after you purchase the bucket.

Source: Chip & Co

Are the $2 refills on these only good the day of purchase, or can you use it throughout your trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts