• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS
For Those @ WDW and Planning to Utilize the Epcot Friendship Boats

The “Friendship boats”, which serve as a water taxi service for Epcot resorts, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will not operate for a couple of weeks. Here’s the details.

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resort recently posted a notification that the Friendship boats water taxi service on Crescent Lake will not operate from November 28 through December 18, 2018.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2018...endship-boats-to-close-for-a-couple-of-weeks/

Merry Christmas! Disney Holiday Merchandise Has Arrived!

Christmas has arrived at World of Disney in Disney Springs! In July we brought you a sneak preview of the Disney Holiday Merchandise (See Page 1) for the Disney Parks, but that was just a taste! The beautiful Disney Parks Christmas collection has arrived, and we’re giddy with excitement.
44328514_275237249767910_2945830897670160384_n-600x450.jpg

44245497_184078925756543_5667437564454240256_n-600x450.jpg

44240905_280605192781747_5465875277533937664_n-600x450.jpg

https://chipandco.com/merry-christm...Pz3DwJm27CX1j5kN7XqQoB4U_EkHGXy5fv4PjzqOikNfI

So... No party info that we didn't already know lol.
All I want to know about is attractions and purchasable treats.

And... Unfortunately I will definitely be walking from DHS to Epcot and then Epcot to DHS. (We may take the bus when going from DHS to Epcot but we are eating at Big River Grille on the way from Epcot to DHS so we'll need to walk.) oh well at least it won't be 95 with a heat index of 105 and raining lol.

I am happy about seeing that merch though! :santa:

So... No party info that we didn't already know lol. Exactly! :rotfl2:
All I want to know about is attractions and purchasable treats. So true! You can refer to the 2017 Thread, attractions typically do not change unless refurb. They had a very good selection last year with the Flurry of Fun starting, so yeah, come on and release this info!

And... Unfortunately I will definitely be walking from DHS to Epcot and then Epcot to DHS. (We may take the bus when going from DHS to Epcot but we are eating at Big River Grille on the way from Epcot to DHS so we'll need to walk.) oh well at least it won't be 95 with a heat index of 105 and raining lol. I was very sad too :sad2:, then I saw the dates :dancer:. We will go from EP to Beaches and Cream and then to HS. Way to look on the bright side :goodvibes. We missed the boat last year walking around and smelling the roses, ha!, so decided to walk and it was very HOT!

I haven't seen party-specific merch yet, but I have seen on social media today that Disney released some of their holiday merch if anyone is interested!

So... No party info that we didn't already know lol.
All I want to know about is attractions and purchasable treats.

And... Unfortunately I will definitely be walking from DHS to Epcot and then Epcot to DHS. (We may take the bus when going from DHS to Epcot but we are eating at Big River Grille on the way from Epcot to DHS so we'll need to walk.) oh well at least it won't be 95 with a heat index of 105 and raining lol.

As of right now, I believe the only boat service that won't be running is to/from Swan and Dolphin and possibly to/from Epcot. But you can boat to BW/BC/YC from DHS and/or take a bus to Swan/Dolphin. Just in case you don't feel like walking. :)

Just curious for anyone who might know. With DVC getting in at 2 will the bypass be open? I'm worried with festival of fantasy being at 2 being stuck until the parade passes.

Just curious for anyone who might know. With DVC getting in at 2 will the bypass be open? I'm worried with festival of fantasy being at 2 being stuck until the parade passes.
Great question! You may want to ask this on the MNSSHP thread to see if anyone has encountered this! I know several there have utilized the 2 pm entry but I can’t recall any mention of the bypass or FOF from them.

Great question! You may want to ask this on the MNSSHP thread to see if anyone has encountered this! I know several there have utilized the 2 pm entry but I can’t recall any mention of the bypass or FOF from them.
Ooo That's a good idea. I'll check there. Thanks!

Hi all! Is it safe to assume that Sandy Claws will be in the Town Square Theater for the Christmas party? Do we think Moana will be meeting in Tiki room queue? I wasn't sure if these were permanent changes, or just for the Halloween party because the weather is hotter.

Hi all! Is it safe to assume that Sandy Claws will be in the Town Square Theater for the Christmas party? Do we think Moana will be meeting in Tiki room queue? I wasn't sure if these were permanent changes, or just for the Halloween party because the weather is hotter.
We won’t know for sure until the first party, but character locations are usually consistent from MNSSHP to MVMCP.

Reactions: CJK
Non-Party News (A Planning Resource)

DATE SET FOR VAMPIRINA’S MEET AND GREET TO OPEN IN HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Vampirina has been slowly phased into Walt Disney World. First, she was added to the Disney Junior Dance Jam for MNSSHP, then she began meeting guests at H&V. Soon, she will begin offering a regular meet and greet at Hollywood Studios.

Here’s the details.
Beginning October 21, 2018, Vampirina will begin offering regular meet and greets in the Disney Junior Courtyard in the same area as Doc McStuffins, Pluto and Sofia the First. She will have an all new set design that replaced the meet and greet where Jake used to greet his fans.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2018...-meet-and-greet-to-open-in-hollywood-studios/

Non-Party News (A Planning Resource)

DATE SET FOR VAMPIRINA’S MEET AND GREET TO OPEN IN HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Vampirina has been slowly phased into Walt Disney World. First, she was added to the Disney Junior Dance Jam for MNSSHP, then she began meeting guests at H&V. Soon, she will begin offering a regular meet and greet at Hollywood Studios.

Here’s the details.
Beginning October 21, 2018, Vampirina will begin offering regular meet and greets in the Disney Junior Courtyard in the same area as Doc McStuffins, Pluto and Sofia the First. She will have an all new set design that replaced the meet and greet where Jake used to greet his fans.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2018...-meet-and-greet-to-open-in-hollywood-studios/
Booo!! I want vampirina at MK. But obviously that wouldn’t fit. Too bad.

NEWS
For Those @ WDW and Planning to Utilize the Epcot Friendship Boats

The “Friendship boats”, which serve as a water taxi service for Epcot resorts, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will not operate for a couple of weeks. Here’s the details.

So far nobody has posted anything directly from Disney on this. The closure is due to Skyliner construction at Epcots International Gateway. Rumor is that the boats will continue to serve the resorts and Hollywood Studios. Wish Disney would release an official announcement.

Update, Found this:https://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

4pm BoG ADR. Earlier time, yeah! Thank you TP!:santa:

Now...Umm...If Sandy Claws is in TST and starts at 4:30pm like Jack & Sally are now doing for MNSSHP (location and time change since 1st parties), I'll have a problem. :rolleyes1

OMG, in the last hour I snagged BOG at 4:15 and Crystal Palace at 4:40 for SEVEN on Friday Nov 9!!
Which one should I keep? We have never been to either restaurant, it is our first Christmas party, and the group is me DH, our 3 boys (9, 7, 7) and the in laws.

OMG, in the last hour I snagged BOG at 4:15 and Crystal Palace at 4:40 for SEVEN on Friday Nov 9!!
Which one should I keep? We have never been to either restaurant, it is our first Christmas party, and the group is me DH, our 3 boys (9, 7, 7) and the in laws.

If it was my kids- they’d pick crystal palace. Food wise with the buffet there is more for my kids to pick from. And my kids are huge fans of Winnie the Pooh and friends

are you paying OOP??? or DDP?? because BOG is 2 TS credits.. Do the kids like Winnie the Pooh & Friends? espeicially if they are walking around while you are eating? or would you rather have your meal and then meet the Beast afterwards? also, Crystal Palace is a buffet while BOG is a sit down meal pre-fixe meal. they are both on opposite sides of the spectrum!!! So its really up to what type of mood/ menu/ experience you and your family would prefer!!

I did my fast passes today for the Christmas party. I made them last as recommend and then had to go in and change a different day FP's and had to cancel the MVMCP ones before it let me change stuff. Then I rebooked the MVMCP FP's. Not that it matters much for many more of you guys... since our party is the second to last one. But thought I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter