"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven’t been to a hard ticket event in a few years, know that Parties are much more crowded these days than they used to be. Fair warning.

They sell more tickets to the events now than they used to a few years ago. Some sources say sold out events have about 50% more people now than they had 5 years ago, however Disney does not reveal these statistics. #knowbeforeyougo #yourmileagemayvary

Last edited:
Just wanted to update: the touring plans reservation finder worked! We found a 4:40pm ADR for Crystal Palace on Dec. 16th (thank you to whoever cancelled it!!!). It's our favorite place to eat in MK, and now we get to go there before the party! Whoo!

Our next goal is to see the parade. I hear the area in front of the train station is a good place, I guess because it's at the end of the parade route. How early do you guys recommend getting a spot? If the first parade starts around 8:30 like it did last year, would 7 be ok?

I'm glad this worked for you! I just got a reservation at BOG for 4:45PM the night of our party thanks to Touring Plans as well.

Where/how do I get the "ADR only" band you mention?

It has been posted in the MNSSHP thread this year. Guests that had ADRs that would extend beyond park close/party start time, received non-party wristband when checking in). Typically these type of things are the same for MNSSHP & MVMCP.

Reactions: jfh
If you haven’t been to a hard ticket event in a few years, know that Parties are much more crowded these days than they used to be. Fair warning.

They sell more tickets to the events now than they used to a few years ago. Some sources say sold out events have about 50% more people now than they had 5 years ago, however Disney does not reveal these statistics. #knowbeforeyougo #yourmileagemayvary

Crowd Level: Yes, true to a certain degree, if comparing to 5-10 years ago, significant difference in crowd levels. If in comparison to the last 3 (maybe 4 years), then yes there's a distinct difference in crowd levels (from 5-10 years ago), but nothing too unusual in regards to MNSSHP this year (in regards to the last 3 years). Trends have changed in regards to going on weekdays vs weekends, and watching 1st parade vs 2nd parade, etc,; these have impacts on crowd levels too.

Tickets: There's been a significant increase, but no info/reports (reliable sources such as bloggers; CMs & PP on this forum) indicating close to 50% increase in tickets sold.

Depends on your view of crowded and what you're interested in during the event.

^^^This!

The 1st MVMCP of 2018 is in 24D, so no actual reports to see any trends for MVMCP. MNSSHP has had reports of too crowded, and other nights with low crowds. Please note on the nights with reports of too crowded, some PP have posted crowded but still able to do things. To a certain degree, crowd level is subjective. What one feels is too crowded, another feels is minimal, or the same as before. For example, I attended 2 parties last year, another poster did too. I felt that one was more crowed than the other, she did too, but I thought the last party was the most crowded, she felt the previous party was more crowded. BOTH were SOLD OUT parties. All in all, only accurate assessment is that more tickets are sold, resulting in more people, which is still less than what MK can hold on a regular day.

Not to make light of the crowd levels, this thread is to prepare PP for MVMCP, not to warn them off of the party ("stretching the truth/info"). We've known for years that ticket sales have increased in quantity available to sell. Numerous PP have posted through the years and this year, HAVE A PLAN and BE FLEXIBLE. There's a reason certain characters start meeting at 5:45 (sometimes earlier). Book your 3 FP+. Check back for reports. Make an itinerary/plan for the night. Have a list of Must-Dos. Be flexible. Know that the HUB and Main St. will be busy/have crowds all night long. Have fun!

I just couldn't not reply. Again, this thread is to help PP have the best possible time, be prepared and aware of party details. Lots of helpful posters on this thread too.

Happy planning to all attending MVMCP this year! :santa:

Last edited:

All right, I'm driving myself crazy- I had planned on 11/29 but now I'm thinking 11/27, since it's a Tuesday, will be less likely to be crazy- I'd have to switch around a bunch of FP though. Thoughts??

Also, does anyone know what time is good to get in line for Pooh and Friends? Im trying to figure out if we can fit Moana, Nick and Judy, and Piglet in the first few hours and I'm having a hard time finding out what time N&J and Pooh start meeting.

Thank you!!!

All right, I'm driving myself crazy- I had planned on 11/29 but now I'm thinking 11/27, since it's a Tuesday, will be less likely to be crazy- I'd have to switch around a bunch of FP though. Thoughts??

Both days are predicted to be lower crowds with the Tuesday being slightly lower. However, Tuesday of the same week last year sold out. Tuesdays and Thursdays are traditionally the lower crowd nights.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/...d-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-in-2018/

Also, does anyone know what time is good to get in line for Pooh and Friends? Im trying to figure out if we can fit Moana, Nick and Judy, and Piglet in the first few hours and I'm having a hard time finding out what time N&J and Pooh start meeting.

Thank you!!!

Have a plan, you'll be fine. OP posted TP info which is good, but note it's based on ride wait times. Moana and Nick & Judy started early last year, definitely Moana, b/c posted on thread and I was the 1st in line on my party night.:disrocks: Pooh and Friends start at 7pm. We want have times until 1st party this year. Moana is meeting early for MNSSP (should be same time & location for MVMCP which is different this year). Nick & Judy not at MNSSHP.

My itineraries from last year (below). Also, you can go to last page of 2017 thread, several PP posted plans.
12/19
Arrived around 1:30pm. Used 3 FP+. Dinner @ CP.
1. 1st in line for Moana, ~3:55pm, Woo-hoo! (DH & DD rode a few rides and meet Jasmine & Aladdin while I was in line), she came out promptly @ 4pm. Great interaction with her, as well as, with CM and PP behind me while waiting.
2. Nick & Judy (DH waited in Line, DD & I went to check on party merchandise & went to 2 treat stations)
3. Pooh & Friends (stopped @ another treat station, DD split Hot Cocoa, meltdown, so we all stood in line)
4. Minnie & Daisy (DD & DD rode Barnstormer 4X, Dumbo, Tea Cups & treat stop)
5. Cinderella & Prince Charming: Elana, 10 minute wait, sweet!
6. DD decided wanted to ride, so we got off schedule, Did BTMRR, HM, Magic Shots, Meet Jack Sparrow & Peter Pan, rode PotC
Then head to Main Street for fireworks & 2 parade, spot by trashcan on curb, ~9:45pm. After fireworks, DH held spot, we looked in the stores. Only wanted Raglan Gray/Red shirt, they had every size but 2XL. Other shirts were available in 2XL. Didn't check on pins, but lots of merchandise in all locations.
After parade meet Sandy Claws. We did get most of the Magic Shots this night too.
Rode WtP @ some point.

12/22
Arrived around 2:30pm. Used 2 FP+. Dinner @ BoG, sat by @Cluelyss. Awesome meeting her & her family!!! Arrived @ 7DMT a little after 6pm, they let us use our FP+.
Then we headed to line up for Snow White & Prince and Aurora & Prince Phillips. Kids went to ride Carousel & go to treat station. A few in front of us, meet them @ 7:10pm. then headed to meet Ariel & Prince Eric. Stopped for a fee Magic Shots, DH & DD rode UtS-VotLM, Barnstormer 2X & Dumbo.

Then we met Tiana & Naveen and Rapunzel & Flynn. Stopped @ a few treat stops & for Magic Shot. Then met Talking Mickey, 5 minute wait (8:41pm). 1st parade was about to start. Found spot in front of theater behind a couple of families with strollers, so great view. Then more Magic Shots.

Then Scrooge McDuck & Donald. DH & DD rode Barneter 4X & Dumbo & Tea Cups.
Then 7D. DD & I rode Barnstormer 4X, Dumbo & met Santa Goofy while DH stood in line.

More Magic Shots. Watched 11:55pm show of Merriest Celebration. More Magic Shots leaving MK.

We did get all of the Magic Shots except the Giant Bulb, totally my fault, a couple of times (both nights), and duplicates down Main Street.

Has anyone watched Holiday Wishes from behind the castle in Fantasyland or another area of the park other than Main Street? I’m going with my grandma on a potentially crowded night and don’t know if she wants to stand around and wait for a spot on Main Street for the parade and fireworks. I don’t really want to do the dessert party so I’m trying to weigh my options. Thank you in advance!!

ETA: just read some plans of how much people did and didn’t really have to wait for a spot. I’m still weighing my options and will know more once the schedules are released/after first party!

Last edited:
Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws question:

For those of you who've attended MNSSHP this year, or MVMCP in previous years, I'm wondering how long the average line is for Jack Skellington. We're hoping to get a picture at this year's MVMCP. I know there are better times to line up, but we may have limited options. Is it typically longer than 2 hours?

Have a plan, you'll be fine. OP posted TP info which is good, but note it's based on ride wait times. Moana and Nick & Judy started early last year, definitely Moana, b/c posted on thread and I was the 1st in line on my party night.:disrocks: Pooh and Friends start at 7pm. We want have times until 1st party this year. Moana is meeting early for MNSSP (should be same time & location for MVMCP which is different this year). Nick & Judy not at MNSSHP.

My itineraries from last year (below). Also, you can go to last page of 2017 thread, several PP posted plans.
12/19
1. 1st in line for Moana, ~3:55pm, Woo-hoo! (DH & DD rode a few rides and meet Jasmine & Aladdin while I was in line), she came out promptly @ 4pm. Great interaction with her, as well as, with CM and PP behind me while waiting.
2. Nick & Judy (DH waited in Line, DD & I went to check on party merchandise & went to 2 treat stations)
3. Pooh & Friends (stopped @ another treat station, DD split Hot Cocoa, meltdown, so we all stood in line)
6. DD decided wanted to ride, so we got off schedule, Did BTMRR, HM, Magic Shots, Meet Jack Sparrow & Peter Pan, rode PotC
Then head to Main Street for fireworks & 2 parade, spot by trashcan on curb, ~9:45pm. After fireworks, DH held spot, we looked in the stores. Only wanted Raglan Gray/Red shirt, they had every size but 2XL. Other shirts were available in 2XL. Didn't check on pins, but lots of merchandise in all locations.
After parade meet Sandy Claws. We did get most of the Magic Shots this night too.
Rode WtP @ some point.

12/22
Arrived around 2:30pm. Used 2 FP+. Dinner @ BoG, sat by @Cluelyss. Awesome meeting her & her family!!! Arrived @ 7DMT a little after 6pm, they let us use our FP+.
Then we headed to line up for Snow White & Prince and Aurora & Prince Phillips. Kids went to ride Carousel & go to treat station. A few in front of us, meet them @ 7:10pm. then headed to meet Ariel & Prince Eric. Stopped for a fee Magic Shots, DH & DD rode UtS-VotLM, Barnstormer 2X & Dumbo.

Then we met Tiana & Naveen and Rapunzel & Flynn. Stopped @ a few treat stops & for Magic Shot. Then met Talking Mickey, 5 minute wait (8:41pm). 1st parade was about to start. Found spot in front of theater behind a couple of families with strollers, so great view. Then more Magic Shots.

Then 7D. DD & I rode Barnstormer 4X, Dumbo & met Santa Goofy while DH stood in line.

More Magic Shots. Watched 11:55pm show of Merriest Celebration. More Magic Shots leaving MK.

We did get all of the Magic Shots except the Giant Bulb, totally my fault, a couple of times (both nights), and duplicates down Main Street.

awesome! stealing your itinerary :) thanks!

12/19
Rode WtP @ some point.

12/22

12/19
Rode WtP @ some point.

12/22

When you talk about waiting in line yourself while DH and DD go off and do something else- when they return, does anyone else in line mind? I’m only asking bc this is our first trip ever and we’re taking two DD (5&2) and I would LOVE that to be an option (DH and I taking turns on who waited and then texting when we’re getting close so they could come over for the pics) I just didn’t want a bunch of people behind us to start getting mad or saying something to us. Is this pretty common for families?

When you talk about waiting in line yourself while DH and DD go off and do something else- when they return, does anyone else in line mind? I’m only asking bc this is our first trip ever and we’re taking two DD (5&2) and I would LOVE that to be an option (DH and I taking turns on who waited and then texting when we’re getting close so they could come over for the pics) I just didn’t want a bunch of people behind us to start getting mad or saying something to us. Is this pretty common for families?

I let the PP in front & behind know. For Moana, the family behind me had 2 small kids (strollers & truly needed them) & the grandparents. GD couldn’t sit on ground nor stand for 2 hours, I offered to hold spot, while she went and got her & kids wristbands, grandparents already had theres . I politely let the PP behind me know that my family would be would be joining me & another family would be too, pointed to GD on bench. Mom came back but later DD needed to change & then needed to use restroom. No worries. Almost time for Moana to come out, but they had time, few grumbles from family behind about them. I made comment about how nice to have the grands (had to be at least 70 with cane) @ MVMCP and what great memories those kids & family would have. Oohs and awes from others & CMs and then that family was quite.

It is what it is, long lines are hard for small kids, even me at times, and others for various reasons, but typically no issues until a group of “adults” join line and want 800 different variations of family photos & then to FaceTime someone at Home, not too common but I’ve seen it 2X.

Yes, PP let others know family will be joining.

Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws question:

For those of you who've attended MNSSHP this year, or MVMCP in previous years, I'm wondering how long the average line is for Jack Skellington. We're hoping to get a picture at this year's MVMCP. I know there are better times to line up, but we may have limited options. Is it typically longer than 2 hours?

Yes. I’ve always met at end of night after 2nd parade. Jack & Sally have moved to Town Square Theater over the last week, are meeting earlier & lines moving quicker (hint of doubles). Typically Sandy Claws has same time & location, we will have to see if this change stays same for MVMCP.

Thank you!!!
Just wanted to add to @monique5’s advice....the last several MNSSHP Pooh and friends have come out at 6:30. Not sure if that will continue for MVMCP but worth noting as you’re building your schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter