"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the MVMCP schedule hasn't come out yet, but I'm trying to make some plans based on last year's. We have a BOG ADR at 6:15. After that, we are wanting to find a spot to view the entertainment starting with A Frozen Holiday Wish which will probably be at 8:15 and stay there for the parade at 8:30, Mickey's Merriest Celebration at 9:25, and Holiday Wishes at 10:00. Would the best place to try for be in front of Casey's Corner? (I had asked previously about the train station, but it's too far to see some of the shows.) Will we be able to see all of these shows from Casey's Corner? Also how possible is it for my DH to actually sit somewhere while I run to get some of the free treats? He has bad knees and will need to sit at this point and I don't mind backtracking to get snacks. Will this work?

You can't really see the stage show from Casey's. Like you can hear it, but you can't really 'see' it. And if you find a place for your DH to sit then you would be able to run to get treats if you wanted and he could sit wherever he was sitting. Although if it is near the parade or firework time you may have a hard time making it back to him. The crowds in the hub are insane during that time.

I’m not sure about the stage show & if seeing the show or being more comfortable is most important. We’ve watched the stage show the dessert party @ TT. We could see that the show was going on & see people moving on stage, but we couldn’t SEE the show. We went to the HUB later to watch it. Our intention wasn’t to watch it from TT, but it was going on while enjoying our desserts.
It sounds like if we want to see the stage show, we will need to be closer. But I'm thinking Casey's is better to see the fireworks. I guess we will have to figure out which is more important to us. Will Casey's be less crowded than the hub? If so, my decision is made! Also, would there be anywhere to sit near Casey's?

You can't really see the stage show from Casey's. Like you can hear it, but you can't really 'see' it. And if you find a place for your DH to sit then you would be able to run to get treats if you wanted and he could sit wherever he was sitting. Although if it is near the parade or firework time you may have a hard time making it back to him. The crowds in the hub are insane during that time.
If they have all the cookies at Pinnochio Village Haus and the Dove chocolate at Friar's Nook, hopefully we can stop and get those before we head to our spot. That way all I'll have to run to get is the pretzel at Tortuga Tavern. If we get out of BOG early enough, that will be our plan. If we get out later, I'll have him go find a spot while I stop in at those two places and then head to Tortuga Tavern. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to him if it's later.

It sounds like if we want to see the stage show, we will need to be closer. But I'm thinking Casey's is better to see the fireworks. I guess we will have to figure out which is more important to us. Will Casey's be less crowded than the hub? If so, my decision is made! Also, would there be anywhere to sit near Casey's?

Casey's seating is always packed even when it isn't busy. You might get lucky but I would make sure you have food at your table since it is for the people that are eating. There are a few bench areas in the hub. Very dependent on when you arrive and how long you are willing to wait to sit. I feel like they are always packed. For fireworks though it is usually standing room only in the hub area and the umbrellas in the Casey's seating area block some of the fireworks unless you are by the railing closest to the castle.

Casey's seating is always packed even when it isn't busy. You might get lucky but I would make sure you have food at your table since it is for the people that are eating. There are a few bench areas in the hub. Very dependent on when you arrive and how long you are willing to wait to sit. I feel like they are always packed. For fireworks though it is usually standing room only in the hub area and the umbrellas in the Casey's seating area block some of the fireworks unless you are by the railing closest to the castle.
We are fine sitting on the curb. But I understand that when things start, people stand up. I feel like we won't be able to get there until around 7:30 because of our ADR. I'm assuming most people would be closer to the hub since there probably will be a stage show at 7:40 and a Frozen Holiday Wish at 8:15. We would be arriving an hour before the parade. Would that be enough time to find an empty curb seat near Casey's?

We are fine sitting on the curb. But I understand that when things start, people stand up. I feel like we won't be able to get there until around 7:30 because of our ADR. I'm assuming most people would be closer to the hub since there probably will be a stage show at 7:40 and a Frozen Holiday Wish at 8:15. We would be arriving an hour before the parade. Would that be enough time to find an empty curb seat near Casey's?

On party nights people start lining up on main street and the hub by 6:30 for the parade. I would think it might be hard coming in at 7:30 and finding one that you wouldn't be standing in. Maybe near a trash can? If you were in frontier land I would say there are spots at 7:30.

I am so excited! Christmas decor is the best, and MGM... excuse me... DHS has that history of (formerly) having the best light show ever.
What I will not do is tell my daughter. LOL. She has a side job working with a haunt in our area as a makeup artist and actor. She adores Halloween and hates the Christmas hype. This would crush her. :scared1:

We loved the new Christmas decorations & additions last year @ HS. Looking forward to this year.

Matter of opinion, what you consider crowded. Fewer PP because smaller area. There will be tape that’s designated as walking only area. So PP sit/stand on curb of Main St. Typically PP on curb sit down, then PP behind them sit too. It’s maybe 4-6 rows deep. There are those that will stand up on the front. So if you want to sit down make sure you’re on the 1st row/curb.

Matter of opinion, what you consider crowded. Fewer PP because smaller area. There will be tape that’s designated as walking only area. So PP sit/stand on curb of Main St. Typically PP on curb sit down, then PP behind them sit too. It’s maybe 4-6 rows deep. There are those that will stand up on the front. So if you want to sit down make sure you’re on the 1st row/curb.
Let me clarify. I'm just wondering if we show up at 7:30 (since we have an ADR at 6:15) if we will be able to find a place to sit while we wait for the entertainment to start (probably around 8:15). Once the entertainment starts, we will stand. My DH will just need a break to sit for awhile due to his bad knees.

Debating on splurging for the Wishes Dessert party with plaza garden viewing, but I'm concerned about how much time it takes up. The reservation says 8:30, what's the latest time you think you can show up?

I just ordered the holiday sweater from the disney store website. It’s mulicolor, so I mighy pair it with either some green or red leggings. And definitely some cute christmas ears!
View attachment 359885

Tried this on at my local Disney store and love it but its like $48. Ugh. I could buy a zhip up hoodie for about that much and wear it much more than this sweater.
Its very heavy material so you may be hot.
It is adorable though!

Tried this on at my local Disney store and love it but its like $48. Ugh. I could buy a zhip up hoodie for about that much and wear it much more than this sweater.
Its very heavy material so you may be hot.
It is adorable though!
Isn’t it adorable? It’s a lot less than I spent on my MNSSHP costume (both of them... I was out of control LOL)

I was such a fan of the disney store christmas sweater from ‘16. I wore that to MVMCP in early december with leggings. I was fine in mid 70 degree weather but it definitely depends on the person for sure!
FB1829AA-CBA2-4A24-9160-5A4C094C0A7F.jpeg

More of a transportation issue but it is specific to the party so I am adding it here.
HOw long would it take to park the car at MK, then scan the ticket, take the boat to the park (or whatever else you may recommend) and then get to the ticket line? If we wanted to enter the park ASAP at 4pm, what time should we plan to arrive to park? I want to maximize our time in the park but I Assume if we arrive at 3pm, we may be way out in the boonies in the parking lot.
We plan to go on December 9th which is a Sunday.

Thanks!

We drive our own vehicle to MK and always figure it takes about 45 minutes to get from parked, to the tram, to the monorail/ferry (either is about the same time frame), all the way to through the ticket gates. Even at the far end of the parking lot, it's not that much extra time if you take the tram. I think if you show up at 3p.m. you'll definitely be through to main street by 4...

Last edited:
Sneak a Peek at this Year’s Very Merry Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card

mcvbcnv47985-768x432.jpg

The 2018 card features Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, and can be picked up at the Firehouse on Main Street U.S.A.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter