• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a plan, you'll be fine. OP posted TP info which is good, but note it's based on ride wait times. Moana and Nick & Judy started early last year, definitely Moana, b/c posted on thread and I was the 1st in line on my party night.:disrocks: Pooh and Friends start at 7pm. We want have times until 1st party this year. Moana is meeting early for MNSSP (should be same time & location for MVMCP which is different this year). Nick & Judy not at MNSSHP.

My itineraries from last year (below). Also, you can go to last page of 2017 thread, several PP posted plans.
12/19
Arrived around 1:30pm. Used 3 FP+. Dinner @ CP.
1. 1st in line for Moana, ~3:55pm, Woo-hoo! (DH & DD rode a few rides and meet Jasmine & Aladdin while I was in line), she came out promptly @ 4pm. Great interaction with her, as well as, with CM and PP behind me while waiting.
2. Nick & Judy (DH waited in Line, DD & I went to check on party merchandise & went to 2 treat stations)
3. Pooh & Friends (stopped @ another treat station, DD split Hot Cocoa, meltdown, so we all stood in line)
4. Minnie & Daisy (DD & DD rode Barnstormer 4X, Dumbo, Tea Cups & treat stop)
5. Cinderella & Prince Charming: Elana, 10 minute wait, sweet!
6. DD decided wanted to ride, so we got off schedule, Did BTMRR, HM, Magic Shots, Meet Jack Sparrow & Peter Pan, rode PotC
Then head to Main Street for fireworks & 2 parade, spot by trashcan on curb, ~9:45pm. After fireworks, DH held spot, we looked in the stores. Only wanted Raglan Gray/Red shirt, they had every size but 2XL. Other shirts were available in 2XL. Didn't check on pins, but lots of merchandise in all locations.
After parade meet Sandy Claws. We did get most of the Magic Shots this night too.
Rode WtP @ some point.

12/22
Arrived around 2:30pm. Used 2 FP+. Dinner @ BoG, sat by @Cluelyss. Awesome meeting her & her family!!! Arrived @ 7DMT a little after 6pm, they let us use our FP+.
Then we headed to line up for Snow White & Prince and Aurora & Prince Phillips. Kids went to ride Carousel & go to treat station. A few in front of us, meet them @ 7:10pm. then headed to meet Ariel & Prince Eric. Stopped for a fee Magic Shots, DH & DD rode UtS-VotLM, Barnstormer 2X & Dumbo.

Then we met Tiana & Naveen and Rapunzel & Flynn. Stopped @ a few treat stops & for Magic Shot. Then met Talking Mickey, 5 minute wait (8:41pm). 1st parade was about to start. Found spot in front of theater behind a couple of families with strollers, so great view. Then more Magic Shots.

Then Scrooge McDuck & Donald. DH & DD rode Barneter 4X & Dumbo & Tea Cups.
Then 7D. DD & I rode Barnstormer 4X, Dumbo & met Santa Goofy while DH stood in line.

More Magic Shots. Watched 11:55pm show of Merriest Celebration. More Magic Shots leaving MK.

We did get all of the Magic Shots except the Giant Bulb, totally my fault, a couple of times (both nights), and duplicates down Main Street.

Thank you! This is extremely helpful :D We have been to parties before but not any time recently and this at least gives us an idea how to plan our evening! We will def do the 2nd parade and fireworks as DD is a teen and seems to gain a whole new life around 10 pm each night....

Hello! My family of four (DH, DD-6, DS-2) are headed down Dec 13-19. I’ve been warring with adding MVMCP to our itinerary in place of a regular MK day. We attend MNSSHP in 2007 and again with our DD in 2015. We noticed the increase in crowds, but it wasn’t horrible. My question is, have you been with young kids, and what was your experience? My daughter can stay up late as long as she has snacks.. my son may crash but we will have his stroller.

It would be our first park day and I already have a late start scheduled the next day.

Sneak Peek: Toy Story Land Friends to Dress Up For the Holidays
tsl02938420394820394fi-768x432.jpg

In addition to holiday character greetings, guests visiting Toy Story Land beginning November 8, can enjoy the land’s new holiday decor, including including oversized cranberry-and-popcorn garland, a holiday card “selfie” of “Toy Story” pals, an oversized Hamm sugar cookie, Green Alien ornaments and more.

Full Details

Sneak Peek: Toy Story Land Friends to Dress Up For the Holidays
tsl02938420394820394fi-768x432.jpg

In addition to holiday character greetings, guests visiting Toy Story Land beginning November 8, can enjoy the land’s new holiday decor, including including oversized cranberry-and-popcorn garland, a holiday card “selfie” of “Toy Story” pals, an oversized Hamm sugar cookie, Green Alien ornaments and more.

Full Details

That's the best they could do for Buzz? :rotfl2:

No. When info/details are released I post here & add to Page 1.
Thanks for the response! The reason I asked is because on FB I saw that a personal shopper posted a pic of the 2018 MVMCP pins they were offering to purchase for people, but I hadn't seen anything official so wasn't sure if I'd missed it.

Thanks for the response! The reason I asked is because on FB I saw that a personal shopper posted a pic of the 2018 MVMCP pins they were offering to purchase for people, but I hadn't seen anything official so wasn't sure if I'd missed it.

No worries. I haven't seen anything on any websites, official or unofficial. Pins have been released early for whatever reason, but I haven't seen them.

Yes. I’ve always met at end of night after 2nd parade. Jack & Sally have moved to Town Square Theater over the last week, are meeting earlier & lines moving quicker (hint of doubles). Typically Sandy Claws has same time & location, we will have to see if this change stays same for MVMCP.
What kind of wait did you have for them at the end of the night? Probably the main character we want to meet and our kids are night owls so not worried about them wanting to leave early.

Can you post a screenshot?

We are officially booked for Dec. 16th! For now, just me and my brother. I’m hoping the rest of my family can come, too.

For me, the parade and fireworks are #1! I like to watch on main street for the snow. I do tend to ride more rides during MVMCP compared to MNSSHP. Seeing Sandy Claws and Moana is also a priority. Mickey for sure if our nephew is with us!

We are officially booked for Dec. 16th! For now, just me and my brother. I’m hoping the rest of my family can come, too.

For me, the parade and fireworks are #1! I like to watch on main street for the snow. I do tend to ride more rides during MVMCP compared to MNSSHP. Seeing Sandy Claws and Moana is also a priority. Mickey for sure if our nephew is with us!

What's your strategy for hitting Sandy and Moana? Line up right away for M and get SC later?

FILMING DATES SET FOR 2018 HOLIDAY SPECIALS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Disney has established the dates for the filming of the annual 2018 Holiday Specials at Walt Disney World. In the same fashion as 2017, the actual parade portions will be filmed at Disneyland while Walt Disney World will host a variety of singers.

The filming dates will be November 7-11, weather permitting.

Musical acts for 2018 have not been released yet.

Full Details: https://www.kennythepirate.com/2018...r-2018-holiday-specials-at-walt-disney-world/

Everything You Need to Know About Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park

Party fun takes place from 7 p.m.-midnight, although party ticket holders may enter the park as early as 4 p.m. to enjoy regular park offerings.

The must-see offering, “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” kicks off the fun each night at dusk.
(Each night or each party night? Actual time and/or times?)

The “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” stage show brings in Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto, and many others who drop by on Mickey’s party dressed in their Christmas best, ready to ring in the season with holidays with carols, old and new.

Another can’t-miss moment is the “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”

Then the highlight of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party night is “Holiday Wishes Fireworks– Celebrate the Spirit of the Season,” a special fireworks show set to holiday tunes that light up the sky above Magic Kingdom Park.

The party also offers guests complimentary hot cocoa and cookies, party exclusive character greeting opportunities – with familiar faces like Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws and Scrooge McDuck – plus event-exclusive merchandise and special holiday treats.

DPB, late afternoon of 10/17:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...erry-christmas-party-at-magic-kingdom-park-2/

That's all folks! So helpful, not. :sad2: I need more details.:charac2:
Referenced...For more information and to purchase tickets for this after-hours spectacular, visit Disneyworld.com/Christmasparty, which still just has 5 attractions listed o_O. Ugh! I've emailed and had a nice long convo about this already.

However, Park Hours showing Parade @ 8:30pm & 11pm & Fireworks at 10pm.

Yes. I’ve always met at end of night after 2nd parade. Jack & Sally have moved to Town Square Theater over the last week, are meeting earlier & lines moving quicker (hint of doubles). Typically Sandy Claws has same time & location, we will have to see if this change stays same for MVMCP.
Thanks for the info!

What's your strategy for hitting Sandy and Moana? Line up right away for M and get SC later?
That is an excellent question. I’m thinking we’ll line up for SC earlier, and then hope to do Moana later in the party. She didn’t have horrendous waits during MNSSHP, so hopefully that continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter