"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

The resorts never have the Halloween themed length of stay cup only normal ones. The cups with Halloween themed are at the parks. I’ve been 4yrs in a row and I’ll eat my shirt if it changes this year.

I think the PP is referring to the resort refillable Halloween mugs that were recently announced as something new for this year:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/novelty-guide-to-halloween-2018-at-disney-parks/

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2018/08/2018_halloween_mug_will_be_ref.html

But from reports they have yet to be spotted on property.

@ajh88 reported up-thread that they got theirs at Casey's and recommended using mobile ordering to skip the crazy line: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ar-celebration.3665880/page-320#post-59630195

Thank you. I knew it was probably somewhere, but my son just was married and I started back to school (teacher) and the 322 pages about put me into a panic attack!!!

I'm glad to read the reports on party crowds for the first night. My son and daughter-in-law said the same. They were on their honeymoon and went to the party. They said the crowds to see Hocus Pocus were huge too so just went and found a spot for the parade. This is what DH and I experienced when we went on Halloween night our first time. I'm glad they went, but wish it wasn't so packed for them. They still had fun. There were even lines for the magic shots.

How strict are they about waiting till 7 to sell you special treats?
If I go at 6:00-6:30 with a party wristband do you think I could get the Zero waffle sundae at Sleepy Hollow or donuts and cider at Golden Oak?

I think I saw someone bought it at Casey's with mobile order

I’m wondering if that works though because on the mobile order menu you can’t see the straw clip.
Or do you just order a drink and then ask for the clip when you pick up?

All about our Trick or Treat Haul - 4 people in total, no allergies.

Candy / Quantity
AppleApple GoGo Squeeze 3
AppleCinnamon GoGo Squeeze 7
Twix (Fun Sized) (White) 16
Skittles (Fun Sized) (Original) 95
Skittles (Fun Sized) (Sour) 36
M&Ms (Fun Sized) (Peanut Butter) 25
M&Ms (Full Sized) (Caramel) 16
Twix (Fun Sized) (Dark) 16
Maltesers (Fun Sized) 27
M&Ms (Fun Sized) (Peanut) 55
Snickers (Fun Sized) (Crispers) 64
Snickers (Fun Sized) (Peanut Butter) (Squared) 28
Snickers (Fun Sized) (Real Peanut Butter) 8
Dove Circles (Mocha & Latte) 15
Dove Circles (Peanut Butter) 1
Skittles (Fun Sized) (Wild Berry) 57
M&Ms (Fun Sized) 81
Lifesaver Gummies (Big Rings) 53
M&Ms (Fun Sized) (Caramel) 47
Lifesaver Gummies 67
3 Musketeers (Fun Sized) 44
Snickers (Fun Sized) 7
Snickers (Minis) 105
Dove Minis 83
Twix (Fun Sized) (Left) 78
Milky Way (Minis) (Midnight) 16
Milky Way (Fun Sized) 43
Milky Way (Minis) 79
Twix (Fun Sized) (Right) 71
Starburst (Original) 106
Starburst (FaveREDS) 123

Total Pieces: 1472
Total Weight: 49.5 pounds

Went to most stations, sometimes multiple times. Did not get to Country Bears. Best stations for volume were Philharmagic and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Cast members were generous with candy, energetic and very excited about the different costumes they recognized - especially those that were not typical or showed creativity.

We are planning on going this year when we are there. One of our sons has a Peanut allergy and I know they have the allergy friendly treats (https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ar-celebration.3665880/page-319#post-59629920), but I am happy to see that the non-allergy stuff is also a lot of what he can have. Probably won't be getting the amount that is here, but just a few that the boys can enjoy during the trip.

What are Malteasers? Are those like Whoppers?

Do you still get the "starter bag" of candy when you go through the bypass? Last year there was some kind of dried fruit/nut/dark chocolate snack bar that was awesome. It looked too much like a health food to my kids so i got all of them.

I’m considering first HP show at 7:40 and would like a good spot near the stage. When should we stake out our spot?

How strict are they about waiting till 7 to sell you special treats?
If I go at 6:00-6:30 with a party wristband do you think I could get the Zero waffle sundae at Sleepy Hollow or donuts and cider at Golden Oak?

Last year, we were able to get the pumpkin ice cream (which I don't think they are serving this year) at Plaza ice cream shop at EXACTLY 4:00 pm. I remember it quite distinctly because they gave me a slightly hard time when I attempted to order it at 3:57 pm . . . I'm not sure what the policy is this year, but it's certainly worth a try if you are in that area!

Excuse my ignorance but what does one do with 50 lbs of candy?

LOL! Last year, we took all of our candy home (we didn't have 50 lbs., but we still had a lot) and ate it little by little and put some out (the ones we didn't like :) ) for Halloween. We went to the first party last year and just missed TSA starting to swab every, single piece of candy in carry-on bags. This year we plan to get less candy and not bring any home.

Looking for the itinerary thread. I scrolled through the posts at the beginning of this thread and did not see the link so sorry if I missed it.

How early were (non-DVC) people able to get their wristbands? I’m hoping to get mine right before it around 4, then find my chosen character line.

I’d like to secure my place in line and then grab the band (did that last Christmas party) but not sure if that’s feasible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter